Details on NBA Experience

Too be honest, not my cup of tea, but I think it will be popular enough to survive. I didn't see it mention if it actually has a functioning basketball court. I could see that being a popular venue for destination youth basketball tournaments and cheering competitions.

Too be honest, not my cup of tea, but I think it will be popular enough to survive. I didn't see it mention if it actually has a functioning basketball court. I could see that being a popular venue for destination youth basketball tournaments and cheering competitions.
Tournaments will stay at Wide World of Sports. This wouldn't be a venue for something like that.

Tournaments will stay at Wide World of Sports. This wouldn't be a venue for something like that.
Totally get that they'd be at the wide world of sports, I regret not putting it in my first post.
Simply suggesting that having a court at the this venue would be the games/competitions a little more front and center for people to watch. It would be mega cool for the kids involved.
Something like have your championship games featured at this venue which is likely to get more walk in foot traffic. Something to augment WWOS.
Wide world of sports is likely to have the athletes parent/family in the stands and no more.

Totally get that they'd be at the wide world of sports, I regret not putting it in my first post.
Simply suggesting that having a court at the this venue would be the games/competitions a little more front and center for people to watch. It would be mega cool for the kids involved.
Something like have your championship games featured at this venue which is likely to get more walk in foot traffic. Something to augment WWOS.
Wide world of sports is likely to have the athletes parent/family in the stands and no more.
I just don't think there is the space for that in this venue. As someone who coaches and has been to major basketball tournaments the championship type games can get a good following and you will need viewing space. In order to have all the activities and a court in this building it just wouldn't work.

I just don't think there is the space for that in this venue. As someone who coaches and has been to major basketball tournaments the championship type games can get a good following and you will need viewing space. In order to have all the activities and a court in this building it just wouldn't work.
Fair enough.

I wonder if a better approach to this would have interactive games that spanned multiple sports instead of just focusing on just one. If you aren't a basketball fan you probably aren't going to go in there. But if you are a baseball fan, you may go for the baseball elements, but then see a basketball activity that want to try.

I wonder if a better approach to this would have interactive games that spanned multiple sports instead of just focusing on just one. If you aren't a basketball fan you probably aren't going to go in there. But if you are a baseball fan, you may go for the baseball elements, but then see a basketball activity that want to try.
I think it would have been a better approach, but I don't think you'd get NBA and MLB to work together, no matter how good it was for them mutually.

I think it would have been a better approach, but I don't think you'd get NBA and MLB to work together, no matter how good it was for them mutually.
I think I am most excited for City Works which is the Sports bar type venue as part of this building. That at least won't be specific to the NBA.

I think I am most excited for City Works which is the Sports bar type venue as part of this building. That at least won't be specific to the NBA.
Forgot about that part. That is certainly a property my family will spend some time in, guaranteed.

If I lived local this is something I’d 100% frequent a lot.

But given my limited time on property I don’t see myself spending any time there, especially since we don’t do Disney springs every year.

I hope it does well though

I'm an NBA fan and still thinks this sucks. I would have rather seen a VR place, an escape room or a Disney themed restaurant. Heck I'd take another "World of Disney" on this side of the Disney Springs instead of this mess. Disney really dropped the (basket) ball on this one.

We are a basketball family, excited to try it as well as the restaurant. Both adult DS and DIL played college basketball so this will have some appeal!

I find it hard to believe anyone who is not a big NBA/basketball fan will spend the time and money to go there. And even then, only if the entire family are fans will the family go. Families are much less likely to split up on vacation than if this was a local venture, where maybe parent and b-ball fan child goes, and other parent takes other child somewhere else for the day.

We'll see if the demand is enough for the price they're going to charge.

I find it hard to believe anyone who is not a big NBA/basketball fan will spend the time and money to go there. And even then, only if the entire family are fans will the family go. Families are much less likely to split up on vacation than if this was a local venture, where maybe parent and b-ball fan child goes, and other parent takes other child somewhere else for the day.

We'll see if the demand is enough for the price they're going to charge.
I don’t think an entire family needs to be fans in order to go. I’m sure plenty of kids will want to go and parents will take them even if they aren’t fans. I am not an NBA fan by any means and still want to check it out.

I don’t think an entire family needs to be fans in order to go. I’m sure plenty of kids will want to go and parents will take them even if they aren’t fans. I am not an NBA fan by any means and still want to check it out.
Yes, but how often are you on property? For you, spending a day to "check it out" is less of a commitment than a family that's visiting Disney at most once every few years.

It's not just whether the family, or some members of the family, has an interest. It's whether the interest is enough to go here, AND give up what they would otherwise do (an extra theme park day, water park day, resort day, or whatever).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter