Destash 2019 Time to Trash the Stash!

Today we dropped off an old tube TV from basement. And one Hughe Rear projection TVs like the 60 or 65 inch ones from Out shed

I need to get back on track, we have company coming for Thanksgiving, they need a place to sleep.

Went through most of the kitchen drawers and sorted / threw out the usual clutter that gathers in there. Got rid of a bunch of old phone charger cords. Also put some glassware and a rice cooker in the goodwill box. Tonight I'm going to tackle the mass of lidless plastic food storage in the cabinets and see if I can find a better way to organize it.

Forget organizing the tupperware / plastic food storage. I went through the cabinets and pulled out every piece of plastic storage ware and lid that I could find. Then I matched them up and threw away anything that didn't have a lid or dish that went with it. How on earth did I have an entire trash bag full of containers and lids that DIDN"T MATCH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! I think I probably threw out 50 lids and about as many containers. It's like the food processor parts that I found (also thrown away) that didn't fit either food processor that I own. How did these get in my kitchen? I've only ever owned the 2 food processors that I currently have, it's not like one broke and I just didn't get around to getting rid of the accessories.

and don't even get me started on koozies. we don't use them, we've never used them. I don't intentionally go out looking for them. Why is it that every time I clean out a kitchen drawer I find at least 5? I throw them away, then the next time I clean out the same drawer there's 5 more.

Sorry for ranting. But seriously, where does all this stuff come from?

So last week we finally got a move on the bathroom reno, only been going on since 'April'. 🙄 Well dh didn't want to move the toilet while 'demo' the tub w/ a sledgehammer, needless to say we now have to replace the toilet. Anyways.... those bigger pieces of the cast iron tub, then the toilet will be loaded up and put into the dump tomorrow. Our basement has become a terrifying place of hording crap. So maybe I'll work on that today. I did manage to drop one box of clothing off at a friends house 2 days ago.

Yesterday from DS room took out the TV stand that was not being used and put a desk in there instead.
I am going to paint that TV stand and change the door knobs and place it in the basement and from the basement out will come old tube tv and stand.

From the basement I have 3 full bags of books to give family/coworkers. 8 boards games to go out.

4 - 15 gallons containers of Dinosaurs big ten. swords, dress up clothes with shields and more and lots of cars, trucks other toys to give to great nephew. A small tub of paint supplies to give up.
I found a few things for American girl dolls including a horse saddle to give to DD girl that she bbsat.
I took down a train table, I couldn’t find a home for that so I slid it under the couch. All the Legos that were on it are now in 20 gallon tubs down in the basement.
I have 3- 15 gallons tubes for trash.
Nothing is under the ping pong table now, prior it was completed full under there.
I found a shower liner in the paint supplies today DH traded it and a new curtain out.

I sent DD at 4pm all the stuff I pulled out at 10pm I sent new video of it all cleaned up. It rain here hard all day. So it was a great day to do it.
Sell the Lego’s, do you live in the Midwest, I would buy them. When did Legos get so expensive.

Winter has arrived in the Midwest. Everyone was raving about ?Fall and it probably lasted a week. Bundled up today, since it is the frozen tundra outside and cut down the tall grasses and will Take to the township for recycling, along with 3 daisy plants that needed to be trimmed off. Thank goodness the small amount of rain came and melted the 3 inches of snow, so my husband could mulch the leaves down. We still have a lot of leaves on the trees and we are suppose to get another 4 inches of snow tomorrow.

6 plants recycled
2 sweatshirts with broken zippers trashed
3 boxes recycled
2 shampoo bottles thrown out
1 smelly conditioner bottle thrown out
2 under garments thrown out
1 ownoy vest donated
1 puffy vest donated
1 large shirt donated
1 huge bowl given back to daughter
forgotten baby bottle given back to daughter for baby
3 new outfits for baby granddaughter
2 shirts for grandson
1 pair of bibs for grandson
1 pair of pants for grandson
3 outfits to other granddaughter
a birthday gift to great nephew
1 birthday gift to daughter from my grandson from my sister that was at my house
2 housewarming gifts for my daughters that were at my house from my sister
1 Bissell cleaner trashed

293/2019

Last edited:
Winter has arrived in the Midwest. Everyone was raving about ?Fall and it probably lasted a week. Bundled up today, since it is the frozen tundra outside and cut down the tall grasses and will Take to the township for recycling, along with 3 daisy plants that needed to be trimmed off. Thank goodness the small amount of rain came and melted the 3 inches of snow, so my husband could mulch the leaves down. We still have a lot of leaves on the trees and we are suppose to get another 4 inches of snow tomorrow.

6 plants recycled
2 sweatshirts with broken zippers trashed
3 boxes recycled
2 shampoo bottles thrown out
1 smelly conditioner bottle thrown out
2 under garments thrown out
1 ownoy vest donated
1 puffy vest donated
1 large shirt donated
1 huge bowl given back to daughter
forgotten baby bottle given back to daughter for baby
3 new outfits for baby granddaughter
2 shirts for grandson
1 pair of bibs for grandson
1 pair of pants for grandson
3 outfits to other granddaughter
a birthday gift to great nephew
1 birthday gift to daughter from my grandson from my sister that was at my house
2 housewarming gifts for my daughters that were at my house from my sister
1 Bissell cleaner trashed

293/2019
Yeah we gave up on trying to mulch our leaves. It was so wet from the snow and then the rain we would have just made a large mess in the yard. Spring clean up is not going to be fun!

1 box partly filled for goodwill. I was going to work on more today but sick kids means that PTO needs help running the book fair. So hopefully this afternoon I can make some headway in the basement.

I dropped off the last items gathered from the basement Monday. - that we’re to be given away.
An extra TV stand is down there still. I do like the TV stand that I painted.
I am going to put up a small Xmas tree down there- that we already have.

Winter has arrived in the Midwest. Everyone was raving about ?Fall and it probably lasted a week.

yup, we are joking in eastern washington that this year we had 'fell' in place of fall. we've had snow a few times since september :scared: it's hasn't hung around long but enough to weight down the trees and pull all the leaves off. a couple of rounds of heavy winds and our property was covered in all the pine needles we would normally see accumulation over months and months. on one of the rare decent days dh took the lawn tractor out and ran it over all the graveled areas to mulch/blow so we don't end up with a slip and slide driveway.

what we would normally do winterizing wise by mid november got finished last week so we managed to toss some tarps and insect traps that are beyond re-use. i got dh to figure out which of the outdoor spring/summer equipment batteries are in need of replacement for next year and when the equipment got stored the batteries got pulled to dispose of at the local auto parts store.

4 shirts into a bag for donation
1 pair of shoes
1 toaster was junk/but my husband went to Kohls and picked up a new one, so it really don't count.
1 more mum in the recycle compost pile.
2 foods expired
301/2019

Has not been much the last few weeks, work and life has been super busy!

2 dead pen - trashed
1 partial notepad - used up

3 items left the house

1080 of 500 or 216.0% of goal

Another very slow week!

1 pair ripped pajama pants - trashed
2 dead pens - trashed
1 partial pad of sticky notes - used up

4 items left the house

1084 of 500 or 216.8% of goal

Deflated Beachball-trashed
Christmas Llama -given time my daughter-it was hers, just stored in my basement.
vest, shirt and new pants to my grandson
3 boxes recycled
Did a good job eating out of freezer and pantry this week.
I know it shouldn’t count, but I found 3 huge chicken breast and got 2 different meals.
Beef Stew with Farmer market potato’s and carrots, so good.
Frozen Meatballs And spaghetti.
Just ran out of milk. Pretty darn good for mot grocery shopping, but my husband stopped in Kwik Trip each morning and picked up an Egg Muffin and 2 Bi waters a day. He had 7:00 am meetings and he never got up in time to make breakfast.

I cleaned the rust off my wrought iron swing bench and my dh spray painted it and we took it up to my DD’s house. She wanted it for her front porch.
315/2019.

1 grocery bag of paperwork - shredded
2 dead pen - trashed
1 empty paint can - trashed
1 dried up small bottle of acrylic paint - trashed
1 pair of socks - trashed
1 can of spray insulation - used up
1 tube of caulking - used up

8 items left the house

1092 of 500 or 218.4% of goal

DW cleaned out the craft closet a bit and got rid of some stuff she no longer wants. Nice dent in organizing some stuff!

1 paint roller - used up
1 paint brush - used up
1 can of ceiling paint - used up
1 paint tray liner - used up
1 empty primer paint can - trashed

1 pair of socks - trashed
5 dead pens - trashed

1 wrist tape dispenser - donated
4 tape inserts for wrist dispenser - donated
1 gallon sized bag of misc unfinished craft projects - trashed
1 gallon bag of misc broken craft supplies - trashed
15 cloth ornament gift bags - donated

2 dried up modeling paint - trashed
1 craft book - donated
1 decorative star - donated
8 dried up stamp pads - trashed
1 roll of stained thread - trashed
1 unopened stamp set - donated
4 clothing patterns - donated
1 gallon size bag of stamps - donated
1 folder of various stencils - donated
2 craft project books - donated
5 bags of broken mosaic tiles - trashed
2 gallon bags of misc small wooden pre-cut objects - donated
1 grocery bag of paperwork - shredded

58 items left the house

1150 of 500 or 230.0% of goal

3 dead pens - trashed
1 pair of ripped pants - trashed
2 binders - donated
2 binders worth of paper - recycled

8 items left the house

1158 of 500 or 231.6% of goal

Just a few items this week

2 wood pattern books - given to DS
1 book - donated

3 items left the house

1161 of 500 or 232.2% of goal

2 books to the hospital share cart
Tonight Baby Jesus bit the dust. Our inflatable manger motor stopped functioning so sadly that is getting trashed. I am sure all the stores are sold out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter