• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert parties?

Do you think that they won’t have the parties on Very Merry Afterhours nights? It looks like the Ferrytale Fireworks cruise doesn’t run on those nights. I guess that would save us a lot of money.

They used to have dessert parties on AH nights. We’ve done both in one evening.

Bringing a group with senior parents in scooters, a very young baby and a woman expecting twins, plus a few others. Trying to decide the best way to have them see the fireworks and how much the main street show matters. The last time we took the seniors they had the dessert party on the grassy area. The cm I spoke with recently said she believes the handicapped viewing area is better and that the whole party could be there with them. She also said that if she paid she would go with the terrace. I would love some advice here as I am handling a lot of the planning and we need to get up early tomorrow to try and book if we decide to do that. Trip mid October.

Bringing a group with senior parents in scooters, a very young baby and a woman expecting twins, plus a few others. Trying to decide the best way to have them see the fireworks and how much the main street show matters. The last time we took the seniors they had the dessert party on the grassy area. The cm I spoke with recently said she believes the handicapped viewing area is better and that the whole party could be there with them. She also said that if she paid she would go with the terrace. I would love some advice here as I am handling a lot of the planning and we need to get up early tomorrow to try and book if we decide to do that. Trip mid October.

Just a note on the Main Street viewing and projections. I assume this will be much like what they started doing at Disneyland with DL Forever and subsequent shows. The projections on Main Street are not uinque - they are the same as the ones that go on the castle (and at DL also on the It's a Small World facade and the Fantasmic! water screens). You will generally not "miss" anything if you are at the hub or further up (there were some effects on the tops of the Main Street bulidings - inflatable figures or statues rising up). I will say that being on Main Street was great at DL because you do feel immersed in the projections - they are all around and it is fun, but DL is also a lot smaller, and the castle is closer.

Anyway, I think being on Main Street is a good viewing location, but not the only good choice and not really crucial - just my take.

Honestly for you and your group it sounds like sitting in the Terrace would be best. The group wouldn't need to get up and move before or after the fireworks, they can just eat and remain where they are while watching the show. And I'm sure the pregnant member would appreciate sitting on a real chair. Sounds like the gardens are standing room only, and if there is a light crowd you might be able to sit on the ground, but that can't be too comfortable for her.

Also, has the baby done fireworks before? I'm not exactly sure how the Terrace is set up for the fireworks, but in case it gets too loud or overwhelming I think you might be able to move to further back into the restaurant and try to avoid some of the noise. Also, the show may be past their bedtime, so being able to pull a stroller further back might be nice if they already fell asleep.

I got our reservation! I started checking before 5:30 am, and when it still wasn't coming up at 6:00, I was getting nervous. It finally came up as able to be booked about 6:18 for me. I can't believe we are paying that much for this, but it's a once in a lifetime thing...well, maybe twice, we'll see in another 5 years or so. ;)

Has anyone been able to book the Rose & Crown FW party yet? No matter what date I try, there appears to be no availability.

Has anyone been able to book the Rose & Crown FW party yet? No matter what date I try, there appears to be no availability.
This morning I read reports of people that could do it… sometimes it helps changing the party number.. i.e finding a ressie for 2 pax is harder than a 4 pax

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter