Description of Chocolate Souffle and Grand Mariner Souffle and where they are served?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
I am new to DCL and VERY into my desserts!! Both the chocolate soufflé and Grand Mariner soufflé look wonderful-can anyone describe them for me so I have something to look forward to? :) I have read on the boards that both can be ordered in the main dining rooms-is this correct? We will not be trying Palo this cruise, so I'm not sure when/where I would be able to try them!!

Not sure about the MDRs serving these souffles, but there are souffles available at Palo!

The Grand Mariner souffle is served in the MDR's (Royal Court, Royal Palace, Lumiere's and Tritons)

The Chocolate souffle is served in Palo.

I am new to DCL and VERY into my desserts!! Both the chocolate soufflé and Grand Mariner soufflé look wonderful-can anyone describe them for me so I have something to look forward to? :) I have read on the boards that both can be ordered in the main dining rooms-is this correct? We will not be trying Palo this cruise, so I'm not sure when/where I would be able to try them!!

GRAND MARNIER SOUFFLE (Signature menu Lumiere's, Triton's, Royal Court, Royal Palace)
with Grand Marnier Vanilla Sauce
15mza0o.jpg

Also, for added enjoyment (not Palo Chocolate Soufflé, but close)
WARM CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE (Captain's Gala menu)
baked chocolate delicacy served warm with double chocolate sauce
ke989c.jpg

This actually can be done...its at the discretion of your head server...you would just need to ask your head server on the first day in the MDR if there is any way to get a chocolate soufflé on this trip served in one of the MDR's, and he will make the decision.

I did this on a 3 day one time and on the last night in AP, they brought not one, not two, not three...but 4, yes FOUR chocolate soufflés....two for me, two for DH.

Again...it's possible, but not guaranteed...it all depends on how busy they are if they can accommodate. Good luck to you!:thumbsup2

This actually can be done...its at the discretion of your head server...you would just need to ask your head server on the first day in the MDR if there is any way to get a chocolate soufflé on this trip served in one of the MDR's, and he will make the decision.

I did this on a 3 day one time and on the last night in AP, they brought not one, not two, not three...but 4, yes FOUR chocolate soufflés....two for me, two for DH.

Again...it's possible, but not guaranteed...it all depends on how busy they are if they can accommodate. Good luck to you!:thumbsup2

Yes, you can ask. In most cases the answer is "no".

Two cruises ago, one of our table mates really loved the Grand Marnier soufflé. It was the only dessert he liked. So every night he ordered it, and no matter where we were dining, they brought it in for him.

Also, on our last cruise, one of our table mates had a thing for the Ice Cream Mickey Heads (the chocolate covered ones). So every night, again no matter where we they brought him one covered in sprinkles for dessert.

I think you simply just need to ask.

On the last cruise, the Mickey Ice Cream guy was saying how everytime he went to the park since he was a kid, he had to get one of those. It was a part of their trip each time.

I mentioned that for me it was the big rice krispie treats that they serve. We continued our conversation and it eventually changed to other things.

when dessert came out our ast server gave me a big bowl of rice krispy treats. She wasn't even around when we were talking about it, so I don't know how she overheard it, but I was so surprised. Talk about pixie dust!!

I had the Mickey bar for deasert in the mdr several times on our fantasy eastern. Aside from that grand mariner soufflé it's the best dessert on the ship IMO. I also have a Mickey bar everyday during a wdw trip.

The Mickey bar is on the kid menu each night, so that isn't a big deal. Requesting the chocolate soufflé is an exception since it is exclusive to Palo. This is one of those things that is PD, as someone noted, and is one of those things that the more people say "but I saw it on the DIS boards" the less it will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter