Demographics - Curious about DISers

I'll be 53 my next birthday, I have one child who is more than grown up and I'm married :)

This is pretty wild (and shows that I have far too much time on my hands). I quickly ran through the 5 pages of posts and wrote down the ages of the DIS poster (not the children or significant others) and came up with the following:

The younger generation must be doing pretty well out of college ;) :

20 year olds accounted for 21 of the posts
30 year olds accounted for 20 of the posts
40 year olds accounted for 13 of the posts
and 50+ year olds only accounted for 5 of the posts

I'll keep updating as this grows - let's see if we can get a good sample of people :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks again for posting!!

Well, as long as you are keeping statistics I'll 'fess up.

I will be 54 in Sept. and DH will be 57 in Oct. I took DS to WDW when he was 7, he is now 33. (We hadn't met DH yet)

DH and I went to WDW last September. This was the 2nd time for both of us.

Next year DS and DIL want us to go with them and the grandkids. :Pinkbounc

I'm 36, divorced with two kids I have full custody of, 7 and 3.

I've been to WDW three times in the last two years, the first time for my son the last times with both kids, and mostly now for me!

I am 38 and DH is 39. We have 5 DKids- DS is 13, DD is 12, DS is 9, DS is 7, and DD is 5. We first took our clan in 1997 when there were only 4 Dkids and have since gone back with the 5 of them in 2000. We went alone without the kids, first time alone in 13 years, last November and are planning another alone trip in October and then a trip with all 7 of us in early January to celebrate 9 yo DS birthday! We stay offsite wth the cherubs but onsite with just the 2 of us! We felt so guilty last November going without them, but we talked by cell several times a day and let me tell you a trip alone was heaven. For those of you that have little ones eating 3 meals a day without having to wipe up a spill, eat a cold meal, or break up an arguement over who got the bigger pice of dessert, this was heaven! I have the most supportive loving DH around and can't wait to go back and enjoy the magic!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

I'm 42 and DH is 45,{hope he doesn't see this}. We have three children, DS 22, DD 21, and the baby of the family DS who is 19. We are also the proud grandparents of Jocelyne who just turned 2 and wants to go in the airplane with Nana and Papa to see Mickey. Maybe in another year. I don't think Mickey or I am quite ready for this yet!!:D :D

I'm 48, DH just turned 50. We have three sons, 22, 15, and 13.

We've been to WDW fours times with a 5th in the early stages of planning for next June!!!:cool:

I'm 19! Ahh yup! Still a teen! :earsgirl:

I have a sweetie pie boyfriend I've been dating for the past 2 years. We went to DisneyWorld together for my Graduation Gift and have our next trip all planned out for December 2003! 10 days with a Cruise and everything!!!

I had only been once before with my Family back in 1991! So I was about 8 or 9 then. :D

I will be 49 on August 31st. DH is 50. We have a 26 year old DD and her DH is the same age. Our son is 23 and getting married July 12, 2003. We have to WDW three times as a family; 95, 97, 00. We will be married 29 years in October.

My fiancee and I are both 24, this September will be his 2nd trip and my 5th. We have no children yet, but hopefully in the next few years we will be blessed.

I'm turning 25 this year and DH is 23. We have 1 DD, she is 5. We have not been to WDW yet, but DH and I are going on a Disney cruise this December, woohoo!:teeth:

I'm 32, my DH is 37. I am a very rare species...a native Floridian, so I have been going to WDW since it opened. We have an 11 yo dd who has been going all her life. I have actually heard her utter the words..."We're going to Disney again?" I tell her, "you should feel fortunate to go...do you know how many kids who would love to go, but can't?" Then I feel like I'm giving the same speech my mom gave to me about not eating my peas and there are so many starving kids! Oh well...I guess it's a good problem to have. :p

I am 29, DH is 32. We don't have children. We have been going to WDW for the past 2 years or so (1-2 trips per year). I had been to WDW with my family as a child, and went once with a friend during college. DH's first trip was at age 29, and he was instantly hooked! What a fantastic surprise, as initially, he was reluctant to go!!!!!! That reluctance didn't last long!

:earsgirl: Krissy

I am a 38 year old widow with two girls. My oldest will be 12 in a week and the younger is 8. I camped at Ft. Wilderness every March from 1972-1985. I took the girls for their first trip last November and will be taking them back in December. We are getting APs and plan to get three trips out of them. After that, I plan on Disney being a yearly event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter