Deluxe Diners - Was it worth it?

We used a credit for DD5 at each TS meal but we just shared with her at Casey's, Contempo Cafe, Pecos Bills and room service. Since we could only coax her to eat one bite of our burger and 3 fries; a meal would be wasted on her. It wasn't really about saving the credits it's just she won't really eat the "kid" food on the most menus, she'd rather eat from our plates. We did factor in kid's meals when choosing our ADRS; she was able to have steak and veggies at Narcoossee's and Le Cellier. DD5 had a grilled chicken breast with veggies at Coral Reef. So healthier kid's meal options are available at some of the nicer TS restaurants.

That's exactly how my DD is. She will sometimes, literally, eat two bites and be done. It's important for me that the two bites that she eats are nutritious - I think I've looked more at the kids' menus than the adult menus when choosing ADRs. :rotfl: We're also planning on doing multiple buffets. Even though they are not my favorite, I know it's easy to find something for her to eat. Our kids also eat the same stuff we eat at home, I don't make separate stuff for them (no time for that!).

My ADR window is coming up in less than 2 weeks. I have a list, but I don't want to "overschedule" us, so I'll read your reviews and hopefully it will helpme cut the list down.

So far your experiences were similar to our last :) We also did deluxe, my youngest dd and dh in particular need to eat at normal times or they get grumpy, lol.
We felt the same about Chef Mickey dinner and are trying the breakfast this coming trip.
We did LTT for a character dinner, but now that they no longer have the characters for dinner, we're trying lunch because the menu looks better and has more variety.
Also, I absolutely loved the strawberry smoothie from the Main Street Bakery too! That was my favorite suprise find on our trip :)

5:35pm Supper ADR - Narcoossee’s (2 credits)

Checked In: 5:00pm - We didn’t realize that they didn’t start seating until 5:30pm We arrived early because we were hungry and it didn’t take as long to get there as we planned. Once you get off the monorail, go downstairs and out the door by the Grand Floridian Cafe. Narcoossee’s is just a short stroll past the pool (a couple minute walk). We even forgot to put DD5 in the stroller when we left the hotel room but it was really no problem since it was such a short walk.
Seated: 5:40pm - We were the first table seated
Left: 7:00pm

We gave Narcoossee’s the following ratings:

No Characters

5/5 - Service: The service was excellent. The server was an older gentleman named Harvey who was very kind to DD5. I would say he was the best server of our trip though we had great service everywhere we went really. Drink refills were brought without having to ask and Harvey appeared at the perfect times to make sure we were satisfied and to see if we needed anything. I made sure to mention to the manager on the way out what a terrific server he was. The manager actually stopped at each table during the meal to inquire about how we were enjoying our meal. She was very nice and professional.

5/5 - Atmosphere: We were seated by the window with a wonderful view of the castle and the Contemporary. The restaurant including the washroom was spotless. There was also a lovely deck on the waterside of the restaurant. We didn’t bother to go out on the deck as we had a terrific view from our table. The inside of the restaurant was lovely with lots of light wood. We were expecting it to be fancier but it was great and very family friendly. It was early so almost every table near us had kids at it. They give kids a menu with activities and crayons. But we did come prepared with our usual distractions for DD5. Near the end of our meal there was a very small child running up and down the aisle screaming till her Dad scooped her up and left the restaurant. It didn’t bother us since it was dealt with promptly.

4.75/5 - Food: We forgot to take pictures of the appetizers, we had almost finished them before we remembered.

DD5 was very tired after her first park day and could barely keep her eyes open. DD5 had the fruit cup to start, it was fresh and huge. Lots of berries and melons which she loves but she never had a single piece but DH and I ate most of it. I would give it a 5/5

DH had the crab cakes and gave them 4/5 and said he would order them again. He enjoyed the slaw that came with them as well.

I had the PEI mussels as I love seafood. I gave them a 4/5. They were nicely presented and were fresh. But I didn’t really enjoy the sauce so I will try something else next time. It came with a piece of garlic toast. There was enough for at least two people. I had to get DH to help me eat them . I was basically full after eating half of them. I wish I would have remembered to take a picture so you could see how truly huge the dish was.

10-01-26Disney00287.jpg

DD5 had the kid’s steak meal. It was top notch. DH tried the steak and thought it was great. There were also mashed potatoes and green beans. She never touched her meal and declined dessert so we took a cupcake to go. It was a huge Nemo cupcake with blue frosting. I threw it out after a few days, but forgot to take a picture. Since she loved the cupcake she had at Main St. Bakery I thought she would eat it but she was just never hungry enough to try. But it looked great and was packaged very nicely to go. I would give the kid’s meal a 5/5.

DH and I both had the lobster and loved it. It was cracked well; but still be prepared to use your hands to get into it. :) It was served with scalloped potatoes which were excellent and nice fresh broccoli. The only comment from a couple Maritimers is that we would have preferred the lobster saltier. We think lobster is best boiled outside in fresh sea water. But we gave it a 4.5/5 and we’d definitely get it again. DH said he might try the steak next time but I will stick with the lobster.

10-01-26Disney00286.jpg

I don’t normally like dessert but for the sake of the review on this trip we always ordered two desserts and DH tried to eat both. He really took one for the team. :lmao: So we got the Almond Crusted Cheesecake which DH said was too sweet for him. I tried a bite and agreed that the crust overpowered any cheesecake taste. The plate was ice cold so it had definitely been preplated and kept in the fridge. Next time we’ll try something else. 3/5

10-01-26Disney00289.jpg

We also tried the Key Lime Creme Brulee. We both love Creme Brulee, but this one had a very strong flavour. We decided we don’t like Key Lime, who knew :confused3 But the consistency was great. We wouldn’t get this one again. 3/5

10-01-26Disney00290.jpg

Truthfully if we were paying OOP we would never order dessert. We’re not big sweet eaters, we’re too full from the real food. :rotfl2:

Small Mix-up
I had ordered the Cinderella's Royal Chocolate Slipper Dessert as a surprise for my daughter and had to secure it with my credit card. But I totally forgot about it! The restaurant never mentioned it and I didn’t think of it until we were on the monorail on our way back to the Contemporary. I felt terrible but my daughter was so exhausted she probably wouldn’t have really enjoyed it anyways (that’s what I’m telling myself anyways). When we got back to the hotel I stopped at the 12th floor club desk. I had hoped that they would help be check if DH should go back and pick it up and bring it to the room (if they were going to charge us anyways). But the Club CM on duty didn’t speak English very well (her name tag said she was from Venezuela) and she couldn’t seem to understand my problem but ended up leaving a message for the manager at Narcoossee’s to call me directly. I wasn’t upset with the restaurant, just with myself for forgetting. :mad: The Manager (Shirley) was very nice and said she couldn’t really understand the club CM she spoke to (at least it wasn’t just me). Shirley said the bakery never sent the slipper over to the restaurant, she said she didn’t know how the mix up occurred and offered to have it sent for our 1900 Park fare reservation. But since that ADR was for Breakfast I said not to worry about it. I will order it again next year and remember to ask for it. DD5 never knew the difference since it was supposed to be a surprise. I was kicking myself for forgetting. It was written on my daily schedule but my DH put it his pocket after checking in at Narcoossee’s . We were having such a great time it just slipped our minds. But I will double check next year the morning of the ADR since we would have been very disappointed if we had remembered and they didn’t have the slipper ready for us.

Bottom Line: :yay:

We will definitely be back. We had a terrific table and the best service of the trip. It was so great that DH wants to eat at more signature restaurants next year. But I will make sure we include Narcoossee’s, mostly because I’ll never miss the chance to eat lobster with a view of the castle.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Narcoossees! It's DH & my favorite restaurant. I dream about that cheesecake for months after we get home.:rotfl: I agree, it's super sweet, but YUM!

DD5 had the kid’s steak meal. It was top notch. .

Kids meal certainly looks good :thumbsup2

I don’t normally like dessert but for the sake of the review on this trip we always ordered two desserts and DH tried to eat both. He really took one for the team. :lmao:

Oh the sacrifices we make :rotfl:

The only comment from a couple Maritimers is that we would have preferred the lobster saltier. We think lobster is best boiled outside in fresh sea water. But we gave it a 4.5/5 and we’d definitely get it again. DH said he might try the steak next time but I will stick with the lobster..

Bottom Line: :yay: . We will definitely be back. We had a terrific table and the best service of the trip. It was so great that DH wants to eat at more signature restaurants next year. But I will make sure we include Narcoossee’s, mostly because I’ll never miss the chance to eat lobster with a view of the castle.

We're trying to decide on 2 signatures for our 9 days. I was wondering of Narcosse's would be worth it just for the lobster. The menu looks more straight forward/not as creative as Flying Fish, Artists Point or Citricos. But I bet you know your Northern seafood well, so if you give it the thumbs up, it must be good. :thumbsup2

I didn't finish reading yet, but my DH is in finance so he is all about charting spent money and saved and all that kind of stuff. Last year we did the regular dining plan 1 sit down 1 counter and then snack.
He had a chart of everything going and figured out that even after tips and character meals we still saved a ton of money...We will def do the dining plan again. Also, prior to the dining plan we always ate at counter services because we didn't want to sit down in the expensive restaurants. This has made sit downs possible and the quality of food is SOOO much better.
We never did the delux but I can tell you that with the regular plan we always had a ton of left overs. We would keep that kind of stuff for breakfast, another meal or dessert the next day. It was well worth the money

Okay now you have really done it -I will be there in only 14 days -and I am sure there is no way I will be able to switch ADR's -but I need to try that lobster !

Okay now you have really done it -I will be there in only 14 days -and I am sure there is no way I will be able to switch ADR's -but I need to try that lobster !

It was great! I can't see anyone being disappointed with Narcoossee's :thumbsup2 Good luck, maybe on your next trip.

on the regular dining plan the Table service meal credits are divided and listed as 1 adult TS, 1 Child TS. Counter services on the other hand are just listed as the total CS and so are the snacks. (As long as nothing has changed since Sept 09.

Day 3 - January 27th, Wednesday – DHS then hop to MK for Spectromagic

Breakfast – We ate bananas from the 12th floor lounge in our room before we left for DHS. There was always lots of fresh fruit available in the lounge. Apple, oranges and bananas were staples. DD5 ate mixed nuts from the lounge in her stroller on the way to the park. I had packed snack sized zip-lock bags which came in super handy for lounge snacks we took to our room. We had to wake DD5 up that morning so she was in no mood to eat a proper breakfast.

After I got our fast passes for Toy Story Mania I used a snack credit to get a frozen coke. Yummm :banana: The only one I had all week. Despite looking I couldn’t find them again. I drank most of it while I waited for DH and DD5 to ride Toy Story (it took 23 minutes).

11:30am Lunch ADR -50’s Prime Time Cafe

Checked In: 11:25am
Seated: 11:27am
Left: 12:15pm

We gave the 50’s Prime Time Cafe the following ratings:

No Characters

5/5 -Service: Our server’s name was Bryon and he was perfect. He was not over the top at all. Some of the servers were really loud but Bryon was in character just the right amount for us. I was a bit concerned DD5 would be scared as she is very sensitive, but she just thought he was “silly”. Bryon asked DD5 to be Mommy’s helper and set the table, she loved it. Byron sang a bit and did a bit of teasing scolding. Byron brought drink refills without being asked and kept the food coming which we always appreciate with a small child.

5/5 - Atmosphere: The lounge was terrific and there were girls out front of the restaurant with hula hoops for kids to play with. The small b/w TV at our table was playing “Leave it to Beaver”. We were right beside the hall to the bathroom right across from the kitchen but we didn’t mind. We loved seeing all the meals going by, everything looked great.

4.5/5 - Food:
For appetizers I had the shrimp cocktail, it was just OK 3/5. I found the shrimp a bit too soft. The cocktail sauce was so super hot I couldn’t eat it and I love spicy cocktail sauce. I would try something else next time.

10-01-27Disney014.jpg

DH wanted onion rings and when he asked Byron if it was possible to get a single serving Byron said no. But then went on to say that since DD5 did not want an appetizer DH could order the Onion Rings for Two because the computer does not distinguish between kid’s and adult meal credits since we were using the DxDDP. :woohoo: Jackpot, the onion rings were fantastic. We will definitely get them next time 5/5.

10-01-27Disney013.jpg

DD5 had the Jumbo hot dog (plain, no bun) and loved it. It was only hot dog she ate the whole trip. It was the only time we saw it as a kid’s option. DD5 also ate the drum stick from my plate. DD5 would give hotdog a 5/5. For some reason I didn’t get a picture and I didn’t write down what it was served with but I think it was mashed potatoes and green beans. :thumbsup2

DH had the meatloaf which he enjoyed. The green beans were crisp and the potatoes good. He also ate the chicken breast from my order which he loved 5/5. But he said next time he’s getting the chicken.

10-01-27Disney017.jpg

I had the fried chicken and it was terrific. But if we both order it next time I don’t know what we’ll do with all of the chicken. The plate was 4 huge pieces of chicken (breast, thigh, wing and leg) with mash potatoes and greens. The potatoes needed more gravy, next time I’ll ask for more on the side. It’s shocking that you get 4 pieces of chicken; 2 or 3 would be plenty for an average person I’d think.

10-01-27Disney018.jpg

Even though we were stuffed we ordered:
S’mores: a neat dessert, I knew DD5 would like to see it. We only tasted it since we were stuffed 4.5/5.

10-01-27Disney019.jpg

Cheesecake which was pretty standard and DH said it was fine 4/5.

10-01-27Disney020.jpg

DD5 didn't want dessert.

We will definitely go back next year. It was way too much food but we really enjoyed it. Truthfully I’ll be happy if we never get a server that is really “in character”, some of them were really loud and we wouldn’t have liked that.

:wizard: Magical Moment Alert in the next post, stay tuned......

I decided not to make you wait:

We actually rushed through our dessert at lunch because I wanted to get to the 12:45pm Beauty and the Beast Show. The next show was 4:00pm and I knew DD5 wouldn’t be able to last till then since it was the only thing left for us to do. I am so glad we did! DD5 got chosen to be “princess of the day”. We arrived at the venue and it looked deserted. I asked the CM outside on the stairs how long the show was. When she said 25 minutes DH and I started discussing if he should skip the show and go do TOT and RRC. Then I hear the CM asking DD5 what her name was and if she’d like to help them with the show today. Of course that caught my attention immediately. The CM went on to explain that DD5 would be a special guest for the show and Belle and Prince would present her a special rose at the end of the show. So the CM called someone on her walkie talkie to meet us at the top of the stairs. They took us down to a specially marked row, second from the front. At the end of the show a CM took DD5 by the hand and led her up to the stage. Belle and the Prince knelt down and gave her a plush rose. I almost started bawling.

10-01-27Disney101.jpg

She was also given a Magical Moment Certificate.

10-01-27Disney103.jpg

I must say this magical moment was the icing on top of our already perfect vacation and it was only the second park day! I can’t wait to go back next January :woohoo:

5:35pm Supper ADR – Cape May Buffet

We took a cab to the Beach Club since we had an ADR at the Cape May Buffet, it cost $22.00 with the tip. We thought it was well worth the $ so we didn’t have use Disney transportation. We would have had to take the bus to Downtown Disney and then another bus to Beach Club. We forgot our camera so sorry, no pictures!

Checked In: 5:10pm
Seated: 5:30pm
Left: 6:25pm

We gave the Cape May Buffet the following ratings:

No Characters

5/5 - Service: Our server was an older gentleman named Roger. He was excellent; friendly and attentive with drink refills and clearing the table. I had to flag him down for the bill but no big deal. Also I asked a busboy about how to get to Epcot from the restaurant and he told me. But then when we were leaving he actually walked out with us to make sure we knew where we were going. I thought that was super nice, just another example of CM's going above and beyond to be so super helpful :thumbsup2

5/5 - Atmosphere: DD5 was impressed by the big sandcastle behind glass. The restaurant had a casual beachy feel. The butcher paper on the table and little pails of crayons were a nice touch. We were seated out of the way in a corner beside the server station with empty tables all around us. That was fine with us but as we left they were attempting to seat a large party at the table beside us and the lady was quite loud and rude about her displeasure with the table. We headed for the door before the issue was resolved. The restaurant was half empty so I’m sure she got a “better” table.

4/5 – Food: The selection was much better than Chef Mickey’s. I’ll admit it, I love seafood and I went here strictly for the crab legs. I was very disappointed 2/5. They were very small and the shells were so soft they bent rather than cracked opened when I tried to crack them. DH skipped them when he saw my disappointment. However the spicy coated shrimp were very tasty, DD5 loved the peel and eat shrimp and cornbread was yummy 5/5. The beef was good 4/5. The baked chicken was not cooked enough and kind of greasy 2/5. The desserts were excellent; fresh, tasty and lots of choice. We shared a sample plate. A lot better desserts than Chef Mickey’s 5/5.

Bottom Line: :sick:

We would not return. The buffet was fine but we were disappointed with the crab legs and that was truly the only reason we went. It’s not that it was terrible; we would just rather try somewhere else next time. Truthfully after this trip unless there are characters involved we wouldn’t go to a Disney buffet for just the food.

You're right about the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time. It's a huge portion, way too big for just one person. The smores were out of this world!

January 28th - Thursday – Epcot

10-01-29Disney012.jpg

8:00am ADR - Norway Princess Breakfast

We took a taxi to the park and arrived at the gate at 7:35am. It cost $20.00 with the tip. It was worth the extra $ for us to make sure we got there on time. There were around 15 people lined up when we got there. They opened the gate for ADRs at 7:50am. A CM had a list and was checking parties off before they were allowed through the gate. I noticed lots of people ahead us had much later ADRs. I wondered how long it would take us to walk to Norway but no need to worry, I’m a slow walker and it only took 10 minutes.

Checked In: 8:00am
Seated: 8:01am People had to wait outside to be called and it was freezing, I wonder what would happen if it was raining? We had time for one quick picture outside. We were the first family taken into the restaurant.
Left: 8:50am

We gave the Princess Breakfast the following ratings:

5/5 Characters: We were the first to see Belle. She greeted us at the door and took DD5 by the hand and walked her over for the photo. She was very friendly and took time to chat. We forgot to get an autograph but on the way out there was no one waiting so DH asked for one then and she was very gracious in giving one. In addition to Belle we also saw; Sleeping Beauty, Jasmine, Cinderella and Ariel. They were all wonderful and took time to chat with DD5 in addition to an autograph and picture. I thought Cinderella was the warmest and spent the most time with DD5. Actually she was much friendlier than the Cinderella at the castle. Throughout our visit every time a “princess” asked DD5 who her favourite princess was DD5 had a different answer and it was never the princess who asked the question. I wasn’t sure if I should be embarrassed or not!

10-01-29Disney019.jpg

10-01-29Disney022.jpg

10-01-29Disney024.jpg

10-01-29Disney028.jpg

5/5 Service: There was great team service. Refills were offered promptly. The servers were super friendly and constantly called DD5 “princess”.

5/5 Atmosphere: We were by the windows (I was actually a bit chilly) and the second table to see the princesses since we were right next to the door they used to enter the restaurant. We loved the outside and inside of the restaurant, it had a great vibe.

5/5 Food: We loved the buffet. DD5 loves cheese and fruit so it was perfect. The food was super fresh and they even had a variety of berries; strawberries, raspberries and blueberries I think. There were also pastries, yogurt and salmon. The cinnamon buns were fresh and hot and you could smell them as you walked up to the buffet, DD5 loved it. The hot food was served family style. The eggs were a bit runny but the bacon was nice and crisp. There were typical breakfast sausages and a potato casserole thing. DH loved the potatoes but I thought they were :sick: I liked that the portions weren’t too huge because then you had hot refills and there is also less waste.

Absolutely a must do. We will never miss this one. The food and service was much better than Cinderella’s Table and the characters spent a lot more time at our table. We will definitely be back next year and we will try to make an 8am ADR. I loved being in the parks for early ADRs before they open. It was just so neat to see things without the crowds. Though really most of our days were Crowd Level 4 and the crowds seemed very light since we often left the parks shortly after lunch. If your family loves princesses this is the breakfast for you! Don’t get me wrong though we will still go to the castle just because it’s the castle and it’s in MK.

Joining in. Enjoying your reviews. We had the same experience at CM, good character interaction but bad food. We went for dinner and my son wants to go back and I was hoping breakfast food is much better. We will still go b/c of the character experience. My son loves character meals. We love Narcoosee's and I love the Maine lobster too. Thanks for sharing and can't wait for more.popcorn::

Snack Credit – Before lunch I used one snack credit to get a strawberry smoothie while I waited for DH and DD5 to finish with Space Mission and it was great. It was at a stand right across from the attraction. The attendant tried to tell me it wasn’t included in the dining snack plan. Despite the fact that it was indicated that it was on the plan right on his sign. When I pointed that out he apologized and said he didn’t normally work at the snack stands. On a side note while waiting I noticed lots of strollers with bags and toys (looked like brand new Disney stuffies in some) left unattended. However we didn’t leave anything in our stroller that we cared about. DH and I both wore sling bags and if I needed to lug more stuff I brought a Mickey tote instead of my sling bag (luckily I only did that a couple of days). I did most of my shopping on the way out of the park. The first park day at MK we did send packages to the front of the park to be picked up on the way out. It was super convenient and much better than lugging a bunch of bags around or leaving them in the stroller.

11:35am Lunch ADR – Coral Reef

Checked In: 11:25am
Seated: 11:30am
Left: 12:45pm

We gave the Coral Reef the following ratings:

No Characters

5/5 Service: Our waiter was almost too attentive; I think we were his only table. He seemed to want to hang out and chat. But he did take our picture. He was the only server that offered the whole trip. Unfortunately our camera is the pits so the picture didn’t turn out. We are definitely getting a new camera this summer. When we were discussing what DD5 should have he strongly recommend NOT getting the meaty macaroni, he said half the people send it back. He said that the servers keep telling the chef to change it to something else but they just won’t listen. No problem we had heard warnings on DIS so we knew not to order that for her. But it was nice of him to warn us.

4/5 Atmosphere: We were seated on the second tier. We were surprised that DD5 didn’t seem that interested in the aquarium. I think it was mostly because she couldn’t really see very well. As taller adults we could see fine but she couldn’t. There really wasn’t as much activity in the tank as we remembered. We did see a big turtle but that was about it. Maybe if we had been closer we would have been able to see more. We thought the tables were nicely spaced but the restaurant was mostly empty except for the tables closest to the aquarium. They did give DD5 crayons with her menu/activity sheet. I think every TS restaurant gave crayons with the kid's menu. :thumbsup2 I think that's really nice since most people don't cart around stuff for their kid's to play with at the restaurants in the parks becuase they don't want to lug extra stuff all day.

4/5 Food:

Bread was warm, soft and crusty. But for some reason my note says that it looked better than it tasted :confused3

For appetizers:
DD5 and I both had the lobster soup 5/5. It was hot and creamy with bits of lobster. I would definately recommend. It was great but DD5 wouldn’t eat hers so DH “forced” himself to eat it. I was actually surprised that DD5 wouldn’t eat it because she normally loves soup. This might have been a non-eating day for her, I can’t remember. Coincidentally today DD5 has only eaten 3 bites of cereal, half a pancake (DH even made it Mickey shaped), about 5 cubes of pear and honey dew melon and 4 blueberries. We’re having Chinese for supper, noodles are her favourite so I’m hoping she’ll make up for the rest of the day. ANYWAYS, DH had the Land and Sea and loved it 5/5. The beef was very tender and he found the polenta Interesting since he had never had it before. He said the shrimp were fine and he liked the spicy cucumber salad. He said he would order it again.

For entrees:
DD5 had the Grilled Chicken Breast and it was huge. She only ate maybe two bites but she ate a bit of DH’s steak. DH tried the chicken and said it was good. However the food was cold, we didn’t complain because DD5 wouldn’t care. I would still give it a 4/5. DD5 won’t eat more than one chicken nugget so normally a chicken breast would be a hit, cold or not.

10-01-29Disney043.jpg

DH had the steak which he said was great though he found the sides cold and bland. Despite the sides he said he would order the steak again. DH said it was cooked to order; medium.

10-01-29Disney042.jpg

I had the Apricot short rib and it was delicious. I loved every bite. I would definitely order it again. DD5 even tried it and loved it. The meat was fork tender and snap peas were fresh and cooked perfectly. However my mashed potatoes were cold too. I didn’t eat them, but I didn’t complain. Frankly I was stuffed so I didn’t really care; I can eat mashed potatoes anywhere.

10-01-29Disney044.jpg

For dessert:
DH had the chocolate wave; it was warm with lots of filling. DH said he would order it again. 5/5

10-01-29Disney046.jpg

I had the butterscotch crème brulee, it was better than the key lime one at Narcossee’s 4/5. I would probably order something else next time. I only took a couple of bites but DH liked it. Like I said earlier; I feel like a fake; reviewing desserts since I don’t really like dessert. So take my opinion about the desserts (and everything else) with a grain of salt.

10-01-29Disney047.jpg

DD5 had the make your own sundae. She never ate the ice cream but insisted on taking the “smarties” with her (yes I had an extra snack sized zip lock bag). I ended up throwing them out when we left Disney because she never ate them, as usual. We paid OOP for a tinker bell cup with a light up tinker for DD5.

10-01-29Disney045.jpg

Bottom Line:

We won’t be back on our next trip but I wouldn’t say we would never return. We thought the food was actually quite good (despite the cold potatoes) and the service was good. I found the menu quite limited. Since I love seafood I wish there was more seafood options for entrees. Though I love seafood I don’t eat much fish. We would rather try some of the other interesting options in Epcot on our next trip.

I must say this magical moment was the icing on top of our already perfect vacation and it was only the second park day!

Aahhh! :cloud9: What a magical moment indeed ! :wizard: As a parent, there is nothing better than when our kids are really happy.

BTW, I thought I wanted to go with Sci-Fi. We went there last year and had thought it was cute. But, no doubt that 50's food definitely looks waaay better. But, 4 pieces of fried chicken?! I think I need to ask about portion sizes before ordering!

I am following along and loving your reviews! Thank you for taking the time to do this report. Your DD is adorable!!!

I had to look on the atlas to see where it is that you live. BRRRRRR is all I can say! I have a hard time with New York in winter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter