Delta Song Tickets on sale

eclipseSD

Mouseketeer
I got $720 for 4 people in July.

JetBlue was $660

The entertainment system doesn't get in full swing until October. However, the leg room is larger and it does have leather seats.

For now, I am staying with JetBlue for my Disney flights.

www.flysong.com

www.jetblue.com

To me, the fares seem to mimic Delta Express.

Checked a few dates for JFK-MCO (New York - Orlando).

Choice dates for Thanksgiving week are up to near maximum fare, $237. each way although some of the planes have fewer than 1/3 of the seats claimed. This is only 48 hours since Song seats went on sale. These dates did have some $107. seats at first.

Not so hot dates are $107. each way.

For BOS-MCO there was a second offering of cheap seats on some choice dates ca. 1/10/03 when Delta Express changed from 737's to 757's. There will probably be a third offering when the flights are officially changed over to Song, estimated date is 6/6/03.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Last trip 1/03 via Delta Express BOS-MCO
Next trip planned 11/03 via Song (booked as DLX)

I just booked Delta Express - the Newark flights haven't been changed over yet. My dates are 10/30 - 11/4 (was supposed to be 10/31 - 11/4 but the cost was much more) adn I paid 217 a ticket.

Last year I paid 169, and before 9/11 I had tickets for 118 r/t. I guess those days are gone.

Song's prices out of NYC have gone way down, but I don't know how long it's going to last. As of now, the lower fares are still there. I booked through Delta's site, out of JFK, not at Song's site.

I booked yesterday after the prices for our dates went from $355 to $185 and $155 (DH is leaving the day after we are).

So our total airfare is $710 for the 4 of us. This is way less than I thought we'd be paying, considering the recent high fares all around.

A few days ago, I posted that Song was out of the question for us, but I kept checking anyway, and lucked out!

Aisling...do you get to choose your seats when you go through Song's website......I am curious because it is asking me for my credit card info and won't let me go any further until I do.

I want to be able to choose my seats and make sure my family is together.

Thanks.

vellamint,

Yes, I got to choose our seats on Song after I went through the whole credit card, address, etc. process. The thing is, there's no guarantee that your family will be together. I'm going to Orlando with my 2 sons (DH will be joining us the next day) and I had to choose 2 seats together and one right behind that. And on the way home, one of us is going to have to sit apart. But at least I got to choose the best that was available.
If there are no together seating for your family, the best thing to do is choose as best as possible, and then go early to the gate for help with seat changes.
Good luck!

vellamint

When you get to the screen that lists your choice of flights on the dates you have selected, look for 'view seats' beneath each separate flight. You can see which seats are available before you even book the flight. I always check this out and sometimes choose different times/dates, based on seat availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter