• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Delete Thread

You and @xlsm are cracking me up with the Disney shirts in Penneys :rotfl2:That's not quite it but I've seen it before. Luckily Steve hasn't or I'm sure he'd buy it, but really it's not as bad as the one he does have lol!
Much of your Melting Pot brunch sounds really yummy! The one in our mall suddenly closed down about 2 weeks ago. I hadn't been in a long time but it seemed to often be busy so not sure what happened.....
11 days!!! You're going to have to update about the Pandora preview while there (or at least message me :D ) because I'm so anxious to hear about it!!

Last edited:
One of them happens to be whenever she comes to trivia she acts like she knows all the answers and won't let anyone else answer...but then gets them all wrong. Also she's still married...not too crazy but she's pretty young and got married shortly before she started dating my cousin and we only found out about it via Facebook I'm not even sure if she's in the process of divorce.

hahaha just a few minor details!

I didn't at first either. We have a lot of "rustic" themed lodges around here, and it's never appealed to me because I'm not camping/rustic girl. But the rooms look nice, and I know we won't be "roughing it" there so I decided to give it a try

So excited to hear what you think!

I actually thought you were reading :rotfl: Ok!

Pretty sure I was because the first posts look familiar. Did I comment? Not sure. I'll have to check when I go back to read this week. But for some reason it wasn't in my "watched" threads and so I never got notifications reminding me to stay updated. This has now been resolved! Haha

Pretty sure I was because the first posts look familiar. Did I comment? Not sure. I'll have to check when I go back to read this week. But for some reason it wasn't in my "watched" threads and so I never got notifications reminding me to stay updated. This has now been resolved! Haha

:laughing: I thought you commented at some point but I'm not sure.

:thumbsup2

But it looks like a lot of hotels are already sold out of discount rooms including YC :scared1: So I'm glad I got up early to do that.

And now I'm commenting on here! I've been following along.... lurking which I normally do. I figure I should start commenting on posts though! I'm in the midwest so I set my alarm to 4 AM to get up so I didn't miss out on the discounts. They were released at like 4:40 AM CST and I was a few minutes late but things were disappearing left an right! I was getting frustrated because we are doing a split stay in September. Its crazy how quickly they disappear though!

I'm glad we both managed to grab something in the Epcot resorts area even if it wasn't the exact hotel we planned. YC was originally more expensive too so I hadn't been looking at it before.

Yea I cant wait! I'm excited for you that you have a trip in just a few weeks! My husband and I went last May and thats when we bought annual passes... a once in a lifetime thing we thought.... And this weekend we are renewing our passes. Disney basically takes all my money! I did read refurbishments for Yacht Club rooms are expected to be completed by August so we get brand new rooms!!

I've finally found time to post!
Sorry I'm one of those people that like Negan. I thought the Walking Dead was getting kind of boring before him and Lucille arrived :rotfl:

The show has been so blah this season. I was sad after Glenn though, so that's probably why...:sad:

That's the dress I'm wearing to the Cali Grill brunch so I'm calling it my "brunch dress". My aunt had me help with the cinnamon buns so I grabbed a picture of those. Despite the judge-y faces my cousin's girlfriend threw at me while I photographed them. (She was taking pictures of her food too though....)

Cute dress! Yummy buns! :cutie:
Ugh, I hate it when people judge before I take pictures of food. That's like the norm now! Everyone does it! :thumbsup2

This is the day we move onto Disney property! We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time!

Yay!!

My list still includes:
Fleur De Lys
-La Vie En Rose, Raspberry & chocolate macaron (Josh can eat this too!), and maybe the onion tart
Smokehouse-Ribs for Josh, Chocolate cake with bourbon and salted caramel, and burnt brisket ends (I think Josh can eat them if we get the fondue on the side too).
Hanami-Frushi
Lotus House-Candied strawberries (pretty sure Josh can have these too), Spicy chicken lettuce wrap
Pineapple Promenade-Violet lemonade (Josh asked if this was made of flowers :sad2:)
Florida Fresh-Watermelon cucumber slush, Carne asada with black bean cake, & shrimp and grits for Josh
Bauernmarkt-Cheese strudel, maybe one of the potato pancakes (I don't like ham though so probably just plain).
Northern Bloom-Beef tenderloin tips, Josh can have the seared scallops but I'm not sure if he will.
Berry Basket-Field greens
Primavera Kitchen-Meatball parm
Port of Entry Cart-Tiki Torch

I haven't really read much about the kiosks this year but those all sound really good. I've had some of those items before. Definitely going to get the onion tart, shrimp and grits and frushi!

For the first time I want to: ride Mad Tea Party, meet Gaston, and get pixie dusted. I also really want a Country Bears lemonade jug and I want to see the show (but we might have to see the show another day).

I just about died on the teacups the last time I rode it. Never again. :crazy2:
We're going to meet Gaston too! Is Josh going to wear a Gaston T-shirt? I think it'll be funny if he met Gaston as Flynn Rider. :laughing:
It's been a while since I've done Country Bears. That lemonade jug is so cute! But what a pain to carry around...maybe we'll get it at the end of the day at MK.

I was a little torn on this night should I do HBD and see Fantasmic after (which I love) or should I do Shulas, see Illuminations again, and do Epcot EMH?

I'm always torn between what shows to watch. I like it when Fantasmic has 2 shows a night so I can usually make the first show then hop over to Epcot for Illuminations. Although if Epcot is having EMH that night it'll be a good night to go for Illuminations. I love Epcot EMH at night!

BACON, EGG AND CHEDDAR Cheddar cheese, hard-boiled eggs, bacon, black pepper and your choice of Frank’s® RedHot® sauce or ketchup

Love your Vlogs! They are so fun and I feel like I know you already. That fondue sounds really tasty!! It's been a while since I've done Melting Pot but looks like I'll have to make a trip one day.

YESSSS!!!!

This morning I managed to get a discount on my Sep reservation. :thumbsup2 The BC discount wasn't much, but I found a room at YC that was around what I thought and booked that! (And hopefully AP discounts will be even better). I like the look of YC rooms better so I'm not too disappointed.

However now I can't cancel the BC one and the phone lines are crazy today so I'll probably have to wait.

But it looks like a lot of hotels are already sold out of discount rooms including YC :scared1: So I'm glad I got up early to do that.

Yay for discounts! I checked this morning then asked my agent about the labor day special and the labor day special was still on (we are going labor day weekend after all) so it was cheaper to go that route. We're staying at the Beach Club finally! But only for 2 nights. We will be at Universal for one night but my lazy self hasn't booked anything yet. :surfweb:
I heard YC is undergoing refurbishment? Is it just Captain's Grille or the rooms too?

To drink I had the frozen Atomic Chill (which if I posted about it before I ordered this when I went with my friend Tammy too). It's Bacardi Superior, strawberry, and pineapple.

screen-shot-2017-04-19-at-7-55-18-pm-png.232253
Yum!

I probably should have called them out on it, but it was just so strange to me.
Sounds strange to me, too.

but we did stop in ThinkGeek...

screen-shot-2017-04-19-at-7-55-42-pm-png.232258

Sorry I'm one of those people that like Negan. I thought the Walking Dead was getting kind of boring before him and Lucille arrived :rotfl:
I haven't watched since the first episode of this year. We have watched every other season but I'm not sure we are feeling it anymore.

We'll be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time!
:dancer:party::jumping1::jumping2:

My list still includes:
Fleur De Lys-La Vie En Rose, Raspberry & chocolate macaron (Josh can eat this too!), and maybe the onion tart
Smokehouse-Ribs for Josh, Chocolate cake with bourbon and salted caramel, and burnt brisket ends (I think Josh can eat them if we get the fondue on the side too).
Hanami-Frushi
Lotus House-Candied strawberries (pretty sure Josh can have these too), Spicy chicken lettuce wrap
Pineapple Promenade-Violet lemonade (Josh asked if this was made of flowers :sad2:)
Florida Fresh-Watermelon cucumber slush, Carne asada with black bean cake, & shrimp and grits for Josh
Bauernmarkt-Cheese strudel, maybe one of the potato pancakes (I don't like ham though so probably just plain).
Northern Bloom-Beef tenderloin tips, Josh can have the seared scallops but I'm not sure if he will.
Berry Basket-Field greens
Primavera Kitchen-Meatball parm
Port of Entry Cart-Tiki Torch
It all sounds so good!

seeing Yeeha Bob with Jenna.
So fun!

We'll be heading to MK for our CP breakfast.
Love me some CP breakfast!

I wanted to go to MK EMH from 10-12 pm too though...but we'll see if we make it there.
Yeh, I think I mentioned I was planning to try this by myself after dropping all the guys off, but now that I changed it from an Epcot day to an AK day, we will probably be staying at AK too late for me to take advantage.

And hopefully AP discounts will be even better)

This is what I'm hoping for my October dates!

I want to stay at the Yacht Club sometime soon. All of us loved the feel of it when we were there for Yachtsman dinner. Plus Stormalong Bay looks amazing, and refurbed rooms are always nice!!

FRENCH ONION GRUYÈRE Our Classic Alpine cheese blend melted into a savory combination of beef broth, caramelized onions and cracked pepper.
OMG, sounds amazing!

I had a Summetime Supper (I think it was called that, there's more info in my vlog). It was Malibu rum, lime juice, watermelon, and cucumber.
That sounds interesting. How was it?

For dessert I had a dulce de leche salted caramel dark chocolate fondue. I don't see it on any of the online menus, but it was really good. Dark chocolate made for a better dipper than the milk chocolate I've had on other trips there.
Sounds delicious!

DARK RASPBERRY ESPRESSO Tart raspberries and espresso blend with our signature dark chocolate.
Yummy!

Wahoo!!! Almost double digits! We are at 40 right now...so 30 days more than you....

his morning I managed to get a discount on my Sep reservation. :thumbsup2 The BC discount wasn't much, but I found a room at YC that was around what I thought and booked that! (And hopefully AP discounts will be even better). I like the look of YC rooms better so I'm not too disappointed.
Yay for deals!!

Smart move!

There's been a lot of episodes even this season that I've found kind of blah.

Agreed. I am hoping for some redemption next season.

I'm really excited for frushi! Josh hates coconut so that one will be all me :thumbsup2

Yeah Steve doesn't care for it either so I usually eat the whole thing. Yay more for us! :thumbsup2

They were one of the first things I associated with Disney as a kid, but I get motion sickness so I've avoided them. I'm hoping if Josh doesn't spin it then it'll be just like a scrambler ride (which weirdly enough have never bothered me).

Ha, I hope he doesn't spin it but when guys get into the teacup their first instinct is to start spinning it. But he's probably a lot nicer than my DH who apparently likes to see me squirm :crazy2:

I want to try for it when he's wearing the Gaston shirt! Especially because I dont think Josh has ever met a face character so I want him to have something to talk about with him.

Same here! I need to outfit plan...I haven't given it much thought yet. I need to figure out when he can wear his Gaston shirt when we're in MK! I also really really really want a rose cup. I hope they still have them by the time we make it to MK.

I've never done it! (Or seen the movie but I remember seeing it advertised as a lid). But I want to see the show if I'm getting the jug.

I've seen the show but not the movie. When I was a kid we watched the show a lot probably because it was air-conditioned and we went in the summers. The jug is so cute!

Aw thank you I'm glad you like them. I can't wait to meet you! (Though from your TRs I also feel like I know you already)!

Can't wait to meet you and Josh too! :disrocks:

:hyper: Even less for you!

One week now! Woo hoo! But this week is going to draaaaaaaaag :surfweb:

I finally was able to cancel BC too so now we're all set! Yay for your discounts too and staying at the BC! Ooo where do you want to stay at Universal? I love their hotels.

I heard from someone today that the refurb ends in August and is for rooms so hopefully we get a nice new room! I'm not sure when they're refurbing Captains Grille though or if it's happening now.

I don't really know where I want to stay in Universal. I have stayed at Royal Pacific before and I liked it, and I know it's all renovated now too. It depends on if we plan to visit universal for a full day. But we already bought tickets to the Orlando Informer event at night which was over 200 bucks. If we buy one day Park to Park tickets that's like over 300 bucks extra for the two of us...I don't think I want to spend that much! So we'll probably just do Universal another time. Maybe next year when we won't have our WDW APs. If we don't go to the parks in the day then we won't need to stay in one of their deluxe hotels so we may just do Sapphire Falls. If we do end up going to the park for a day we'll do the deluxe so we could get the express pass. So many decisions!

I just saw the new Yacht Club rooms. They look really nice! I like the hardwood floors and the storage under the bed. If all the rooms are planned to be renovated by the end of August then maybe I'll switch over. They were the same price. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter