Deeply disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something must have happened because this is very unusual. I would for sure speak to the manager about it.

I am sorry it’s not a great start.
If you read through the trip reports , this is not all that unusual at all.

8:30pmish this past November. 2 bedroom Kadani village. Standard view. No not making it up. I could complain all day. But we were in Disney and made the best of it
and this is the problem. You absolutely need to raise heck at the time, speak to manger, call DVC the whole nine yards. it keeps happening because way to many allow , and by not reporting, enable this to continue to happen.

If you read through the trip reports , this is not all that unusual at all.

Then that’s sad. Not our experience though except once we didn’t get a room until 5:30 pm and the manager comped all 7 of us for the meal at Ohana that night because it was so late.

I give them 30 minutes max to be late. Beyond that I talk with the manager.

Then that’s sad. Not our experience though except once we didn’t get a room until 5:30 pm and the manager comped all 7 of us for the meal at Ohana that night because it was so late.

As you should!

No offense to the people who think the check in time being “after 4:00 PM” means Disney can have the room ready any time between 4:00 PM and midnight, but they are definitely 100% misreading/misunderstanding what that means.

wow, that is disappointing but I would be more than fine with free dinner for 7 people at Ohana for a 90 minute ‘delay’

Last edited:
And uneven reports of random compensation are almost as aggravating… I rarely complain because I think they keep track of it in their system… It would have to be quite a bad situation such as a guest room reeking of smoke when I check in and enter because I would be risking a Smokers penalty fee .
I agree 4 p.m. check in should mean 4 pm because it used to be 3 pm… Currently I worry that DVC will change the Check Out time to 10 am instead of 11 a.m. I was quite surprised to find this check out time at other Timeshares…
And I think the new Galactic Resort will have a early check in experience / with a very early checkout similar to a Cruise.

and this is the problem. You absolutely need to raise heck at the time, speak to manger, call DVC the whole nine yards. it keeps happening because way to many allow , and by not reporting, enable this to continue to happen.

Oh, well that's just too bad! :duck:

We are laid back people too and just choose to roll with the tide. We don't let little problems get in the way of having a great time. "Raising Heck", or yelling or screaming is something you can do if it makes you feel better, but don't tell me to ever do it. My blood pressure is on an even keel. pirate: Maybe that's why we love the laid back feel of OKW. We just belly up to the Gurgling Suitcase and enjoy the vibe.

Now then, if someone ever does something to my cute little grandtinker, then my blood pressure might go up, but I reserve that for special instances!

From this discussion, you'd think people are trashing WDW hotel rooms on a pace equal to The Who. Are that many guests channeling Keith Moon?

I bet there are some really messy families out there who treat the room as a junk pile. I've been shocked watching some youtube videos of rooms that look like they had a party akin to "the Hangover" I bet some families figure "it isn't my place, they'll clean it" A family that stays, cooks a lot, but never does a single load of dishes, dirties up the microwave, spills in the fridge... all that needs to to cleaned. On the flip side you may get some very neat families that clean up before they leave so those rooms turn over quick. But a messy GV will take a bit of time!

We are laid back people too and just choose to roll with the tide. We don't let little problems get in the way of having a great time. "Raising Heck", or yelling or screaming is something you can do if it makes you feel better, but don't tell me to ever do it. My blood pressure is on an even keel. pirate: Maybe that's why we love the laid back feel of OKW. We just belly up to the Gurgling Suitcase and enjoy the vibe.

Now then, if someone ever does something to my cute little grandtinker, then my blood pressure might go up, but I reserve that for special instances!
so waiting 4 hrs with tired, cranky toddlers , an older gentleman with bad arthritis , and 4 people just plan ole exhausted and sweaty from being in the park all doesn't qualify enough to raise your blood pressure? Wow, good for you. :) Most of the complaints on the thread were from folks who had to wait hours past 4pm. No just 15 min.

There Is a difference in getting mad and making a scene and sharing with the manager concerns as well as with DVC.

These late check ins should be few and far between and not considered the norm.

As I said, I’ll give until 4:30 and then I’m sharing my concern. We have been fortunate this hasn’t happened more than a few times and more often we have gotten in earlier.

Ok, now this is interesting. The OP created his dis account the exact same time he posted this one and only message. Most new members don’t start out with a post like this. I see the OP sitting back, eating popcorn and watching members go crazy. Nothing to see here.

🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️😱
Good call!
Bye!

so waiting 4 hrs with tired, cranky toddlers , an older gentleman with bad arthritis , and 4 people just plan ole exhausted and sweaty from being in the park all doesn't qualify enough to raise your blood pressure? Wow, good for you. :) Most of the complaints on the thread were from folks who had to wait hours past 4pm. No just 15 min.
Please read what I quoted. And then get back to me. I didnt tell anybody what to do, i just said dont tell me I am wrong for not raising a big stink when that is not how I handle that.

There Is a difference in getting mad and making a scene and sharing with the manager concerns as well as with DVC.

As I said, I’ll give until 4:30 and then I’m sharing my concern. We have been fortunate this hasn’t happened more than a few times and more often we have gotten in earlier.
And I will still roll with the flow. If anyone wants to complain, fine, go ahead. But don't say it is our fault because we dont complain.

Please read what I quoted. And then get back to me. I didnt tell anybody what to do, i just said dont tell me I am wrong for not raising a big stink when that is not how I handle that.
I wouldn’t advocate for getting angry or anything either.

But it’s definitely a good idea to politely make someone aware of the situation.

But it’s not your responsibility to do so. Enjoy your vacation however you want!

And I will still roll with the flow. If anyone wants to complain, fine, go ahead. But don't say it is our fault because we dont complain.

I agree it’s not anyones fault if someone Doesn’t see it as an issue. Just saying we can share concerns with managers and DVC so that it can get better in a way that doesn’t have to be confrontational

NO WHERE has anyone said anything about making a scene. seriously take a seat.

Here's the thing. Cleaning a villa is much like cleaning a house (especially GV) So mousekeeping has 5 hours to clean all these villas. To expect one right at 4pm is just silly.

Here's the thing. Cleaning a villa is much like cleaning a house (especially GV) So mousekeeping has 5 hours to clean all these villas. To expect one right at 4pm is just silly.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a villa to be ready at 4 PM. Not everyone waits until 11 AM to depart and not every villa is turned over on the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter