Deep breath....we are going to talk to the realtor tomorrow.

Beauty

DIS Veteran
We actually spent most of the afternoon with a realty book in hand looking around town. We found 4 homes that we thought looked "possible." I've written down things that are most important to us and what type money we would like to pay etc. etc. and I am going to talk to a realtor tomorrow. Wish me luck. This is going to be a HUGE, GIGANTIC Step for us! I'm excited though at the same time.

Oh and I'll probably write a check for the downpayment;) ;)

Good luck, Beth! That's so exciting!

Just use your debit card for that downpayment! ;)

Good luck, Beth! It's a huge decision and don't be surprised if you have mixed emotions. We bought a home and sold our home last week and my emotions were all over the place!

Keep us posted on how things go.
Beth

Yep, it will be John and I, John-Cole, my mom and my grandmother. John and I are simply not comfortable with mom and Beanie living alone anymore. As I've stated the part of Greenville they live in now isn't that safe. Since we are always together it simply makes sense. My mom and I are super close as are my mom and John....not to mention the thousands of dollars that we will save towards John-Cole's college education by living together. We are looking at very large spacious homes that will provide privacy for all of us when needed.

I must admit although I love love love my land here in the country I don't like living in a mobile home....so I'm super excited to have a nice big HOUSE...LOL!

How exciting for you. I love house hunting. I love looking and I love buying. We bought our house about 5 years ago and I love it. We had it built, but looking at all the models was fun. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Wow Beauty! Sounds great. I am excited for you. My SO and I spent the weekend looking at models and driving through communities we might think of building in. It is fun. We have found one model we like a lot and went back twice this weekend to get a real feel for it. I would be very excited if we decided to get it, although our looking process is just beginning and it will be a ways off!

I'm sure you have a good realtor, but if you sign a purchase agreement include "purchase subject to a home inspection". This should be done by a professional. I advise one NOT picked by the agent. They sometimes want to make sure the deal goes through no matter what the home's condition. A mortgage company should be able to recommend a good one.
They will check the internal working parts of the home, roof, basement walls for damage, insects, etc. Maybe we are overly cautious but we have had one done for each home we've purchased over the years. Good luck with your house hunting.:D

Good luck! As slow as our new log home project is coming.... I am sure you will be moving LONG before I do.

I hope you house hunting goes smoothly! We have a contract on a house right now and are set to close Aug. 30th. I am a huge bundle of nerves, but am very excited!:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!