Dedicated 2 bedroom vs. 2 bedroom lockoff

guerrero5

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning on visiting Aulani next spring - but we can’t decide between a dedicated 2 bdrm or a lockoff. It will be a family of 8 (myself, my wife, our 3 kids (13, 3, and 3), my mother in law, and my wife’s grandparents).

Aside from two queens in the dedicated vs. a queen & sofa bed in the studio portion of the lock off - are there any notable differences? Pros/Cons? Is one more available than the other (since we are booking at 7 months)?
Any insight is appropriated

I'd go with the 2 bedroom. That way you only have kids on the pullouts. Give the beds to the adults. I'm assuming your wife has 4 grandparents (otherwise, I do not see your party of 8). Just book ASAP at 7 months. Good luck.

I'd go with the 2 bedroom. That way you only have kids on the pullouts. Give the beds to the adults. I'm assuming your wife has 4 grandparents (otherwise, I do not see your party of 8). Just book ASAP at 7 months. Good luck.

Eight is:
Mom
Dad
Kid 1
Kid 2
Kid 3
MIL
Grandmother
Grandfather

Dedicated. You're probably familiar with the floor plan, but if not, the big thing is the three real beds for the 5 adults. Yes, this means that some of the adults will have to share a bedroom, but real beds are better than sofa beds.

Plus, only one entrance you have to worry about. Ooh, and a closet instead of a kitchenette.

Lockoff:

Unless, of course, you plan to put all 3 kids in the king sized bed and one adult on the sofa bed?

Other big difference is there is a half bath in the dedicated that the lock-off does not have. In the lock-off it is where the outside entrance door to the studio is. With 8 people getting ready in the morning, an extra toilet could be useful.

Other big difference is there is a half bath in the dedicated that the lock-off does not have. In the lock-off it is where the outside entrance door to the studio is. With 8 people getting ready in the morning, an extra toilet could be useful.

You're absolutely right! I completely forgot about the half bath. Definitely a reason to go for the dedicated over lockoff.

Thank you everyone for the insight!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!