Dedicated 2 bedroom vs. 2 bedroom lockoff

guerrero5

Earning My Ears
My family and I are planning on visiting Aulani next spring - but we can’t decide between a dedicated 2 bdrm or a lockoff. It will be a family of 8 (myself, my wife, our 3 kids (13, 3, and 3), my mother in law, and my wife’s grandparents).

Aside from two queens in the dedicated vs. a queen & sofa bed in the studio portion of the lock off - are there any notable differences? Pros/Cons? Is one more available than the other (since we are booking at 7 months)?
Any insight is appropriated

kmedina

Loves all things Disney
I'd go with the 2 bedroom. That way you only have kids on the pullouts. Give the beds to the adults. I'm assuming your wife has 4 grandparents (otherwise, I do not see your party of 8). Just book ASAP at 7 months. Good luck.

SirDuff

DIS Veteran
I'd go with the 2 bedroom. That way you only have kids on the pullouts. Give the beds to the adults. I'm assuming your wife has 4 grandparents (otherwise, I do not see your party of 8). Just book ASAP at 7 months. Good luck.
Eight is:
Mom
Dad
Kid 1
Kid 2
Kid 3
MIL
Grandmother
Grandfather

starry_solo

DIS Veteran
Dedicated. You're probably familiar with the floor plan, but if not, the big thing is the three real beds for the 5 adults. Yes, this means that some of the adults will have to share a bedroom, but real beds are better than sofa beds.

Plus, only one entrance you have to worry about. Ooh, and a closet instead of a kitchenette.

Lockoff:

Unless, of course, you plan to put all 3 kids in the king sized bed and one adult on the sofa bed?

disneyfanprincess

Earning My Ears
Other big difference is there is a half bath in the dedicated that the lock-off does not have. In the lock-off it is where the outside entrance door to the studio is. With 8 people getting ready in the morning, an extra toilet could be useful.

• guerrero5

Earning My Ears
    Other big difference is there is a half bath in the dedicated that the lock-off does not have. In the lock-off it is where the outside entrance door to the studio is. With 8 people getting ready in the morning, an extra toilet could be useful.
    You're absolutely right! I completely forgot about the half bath. Definitely a reason to go for the dedicated over lockoff.

Thank you everyone for the insight!

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES