Decisions, decisions! CSR or POR

kelleigh1

<font color=purple>Disney Baby<br><font color=gree
We just returned from WDW over the weekend and we're already talking about going back next year.

This time we stayed at YC, and even though everyone said once we went Deluxe, we'd never go back to a Mod, that's exactly what we plan to do. There was nothing wrong with YC, but it's just not us. We've previously stayed at POFQ (loved it) and CBR (didn't feel any magic), so we still have POR and CSR to try. (That's it for the mods, right?)

So now the research begins. And since this place is filled with opinions, I figured I would just throw it out there and ask for your opinions. So go for it...sell me on either of these resorts.

I will admit though, AKL is lurking in the background and is a possibility for the right price. But we shall see. Right now we're trying to remain focused on a moderate.

Edit: it's just hubby and I. No kids (except the two of us).

Having stayed at both.... I would go for CSR - It has a much more Deluxe feel to it and is a gorgeous resort.

They have a better pool area, better bussing, and is a much less crowded resort. That being said I would also check your dates against conventions / Pop warner before making a decision.

POR just really felt like a MOD to me (I usually stay deluxe) whereas CSR felt like a Deluxe and we were in the Royal Rooms which are nicer but the overall feel just was not the same for me.

If you are considering AKL - why not rent points? You can get a studio for the cost of a MOD? Timeshare store rents $12 per point and you are going through an agency so more peace of mind.

Either way you will have a great time.. Happy planning!!! (It helps with Post-Disney blues)

We stayed at AKL & POR. I am a deluxe girl. I like the smaller resorts. POR is a beautiful resort if we ever stay again def stay preferred. My opinion is the mods are very large CSR is huge! It be close to anything u have to be in a preferred location. With CSR u either have to walk around the right or left side of the entire lake. With POR they have bridges and u can walk across if you are in the mansion section. Both are gorgeous resorts. AKL is beautiful with all of the animals. So much smaller we did everything the resort had to offer because it was easier to get around.

Having stayed at all of the mods .... I would choose POR. I think it really just comes down to your theme preference ... they are both great resorts.
CSR has a southwest/mexican theme which is very common where I live, so the theme doesnt really wow me. POR's grounds are beautiful .... very green and lush (which we dont have much of where I live).

My personal preference ranking for the mods are:

1) POR
2) POFQ
3) CSR
4) CBR

Having stayed at both POR and CSR this year, I would go with CSR. If you have young daughters though, the new princess rooms at POR may be appealing. As others have stated, CSR has a more deluxe feel. The pool is great, there is a gym and spa, you can get room service, the toiletries in the room are better, and the bus service is great. I'll be back next month. Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We stayed at CSR in June and really enjoyed it. It's been a while since we stayed at POR but like that fine as well. For adults only, we would pick CSR every time. We have 2 toddlers so I would choose POR now for our family. Hope that helps. Btw, as far as size, CSR is easy to get around and it's size is greatly over exaggerated on these boards. POR isn't exactly small and compact either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!