December 2008 Code Watch

We are planning to go too. Haven't decided on dates yet but likely the first 2 weeks. I was just telling my husband that we need to figure it out as we can already make reservations (he is so not a planner). We are thinking of staying off-site for a week and then at the Poly for a week (or maybe BC or WL). I'm still undecided ;-)

Alison

subscribing.

We just got back yesterday and are planning our next trip for early December 2008 at the Wilderness Lodge.

If anyone knows...what is the best time in December to travel. I saw something about Pop Warner and some other group. When do they usually come. DD birthday is 12/7 and we were thinking of going 12/2-12/12... will this be a low crowd time?

Thanks!

We have reservations for 12/5 through 12/13 at WL. Can't wait!!! :banana:

Any of those who have already booked the WL get a AAA rate? When I made my res back in Aug. they said none were available. Is this normal for WL that time of year? or have rates come out from AAA since then? Just curuious if I should continue to check with AAA. I saw someone got a AAA rate for Poly or one of the other Deluxes. Just curious if I have missed something. :confused3

We just booked a courtyard bunkbed room for 11/30 -12/6 at WL with a AAA rate. It came out to about $291/night (including tax, etc.)...I think rack is $305 + tax.

WoooHOOO a Dec 2008 watch I am so excited we are going Dec 20th to Jan 1st our 1st Christmas at Disney I can't wait. We are going all out. We love POFQ so we are staying there I love that it feels like you are escaping the crowds.

We're going 12/6/08 through 12/13/08 and hope to return to AKL once again. We're already going 12/8/07 - 12/15/07 to AKL and i'm trying to get my room for '08 so i can start making payments well in advance. I'm 99% sure there will be some type of code coming out sometime during 2008 so i won't worry about the prices now. I'll simply make my reservation now and begin making payments as i always do.

Can you start making payments and then get a discount after that? And are these discounts for resort only or can it be a package deal including tickets and DDP?

I'm in - we are doing 12/3 - 12/10. Either CBR or WL. Depending on code ;)

We will be celebrating DH's 31st birthday and our first trip as a family of 4!

What a pathetic discount...I hope they get better!

We want WL or CBR for Nov.30 - Dec.7 - basically same dates.

We just booked a courtyard bunkbed room for 11/30 -12/6 at WL with a AAA rate. It came out to about $291/night (including tax, etc.)...I think rack is $305 + tax.

What a pathetic discount...I hope they get better!

$52 per night (c. $364) savings at WL doesn't seem all that bad to me. If I am figuring it correctly, that's an c. 18% AAA discount. Better than nothing.

We are hoping to go 12/3-12/13 and staying at least part of our trip at Boardwalk:cool1:

subbing...

thinking about a trip in December, 2008 so any code info would be helpful...

I thought taxes were 6% which would mean a $32 discount. Better than nothing, yes, but I thought AAA discounts were a little better than that.

$52 per night (c. $364) savings at WL doesn't seem all that bad to me. If I am figuring it correctly, that's an c. 18% AAA discount. Better than nothing.

We are planning on either the first or second week of Dec. 2008. I am probably going to book in a couple of weeks and then add a code later on. If I book with a AAA discount, can I change it later to a different code if it's better?

If you were to book now and a code for December 08 does come out can you change it to the discounted rate?? Looking to stay at POP first week of December.. :confused3 Thanks for any help on this one.. :banana: :banana:

Subscribing.

I'm waiting to hear from my AAA agent on Dec. 3-10 at WL, Poly or Contemp. with Magic Moments rates. :coffee:

I thought taxes were 6%...

Resort tax is 12.5%. At least that is how much we've been charged (staying at Poly).

If I book with a AAA discount, can I change it later to a different code if it's better?

Yes. We've done so on our past two trips -- once for the 'free dining' (when staying at a value, so it was the better deal), and then once because a better 'room only' discount rate came out (Poly, GV). Had no problems at all either time. My TA snagged the new room ressies using the codes, and had us booked and confirmed within less than an hour each time. :thumbsup2

I thought taxes were 6% which would mean a $32 discount. Better than nothing, yes, but I thought AAA discounts were a little better than that.

AAA discount is 10 to 15% at Deluxe depending on season. Taxes are 12.5% at some resorts and 13% at some of the others, depending which county they are in.

Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter