December 2, 2012 Wonder Cruise

Guys I decided to change the date of he cruise. I'm on the Oct 28, 2012. I hope you all have a great cruise!!!!

Guys I decided to change the date of he cruise. I'm on the Oct 28, 2012. I hope you all have a great cruise!!!!

:sad1:

Well shoot :idea: I think I'll be in my own FE group no one else seems to be here

You can give your stateroom host(ess) a bunch of gifts and tell him/her to leave you one every day! :laughing:

Since steelek_29 jumped ship (sorry, bad pun! :rotfl:), I can coordinate the FE. Anyone who wants to join, just send me your info via PM and I'll do the list that way.

I'm hoping we get some action on this thread! Only a little over 10 months until we set sail!!!:dance3:

I'm starting to get very excited about this.... it came to be that I will be getting on a plane 10 months from now to head down to LA for the cruise. Of course I'm going to spend a couple of extra days at Disneyland before we head out. I hope in the coming months there are more people that start showing up for this board. All of those who got bounced for the canceled cruises at the end of the month I hope you join up with us. Or if you can join the Panama Cruise... all the more power to you.... wish I could do it as well.

I hope to see more on here soon. I'm in for FE exchange as well... we had a blast with the one on my last cruise.

So all those ready to enjoy the last wonder cruise to mexico.... get ready to have some fun.

I'm starting to get very excited about this.... it came to be that I will be getting on a plane 10 months from now to head down to LA for the cruise. Of course I'm going to spend a couple of extra days at Disneyland before we head out. I hope in the coming months there are more people that start showing up for this board. All of those who got bounced for the canceled cruises at the end of the month I hope you join up with us. Or if you can join the Panama Cruise... all the more power to you.... wish I could do it as well.

I hope to see more on here soon. I'm in for FE exchange as well... we had a blast with the one on my last cruise.

So all those ready to enjoy the last wonder cruise to mexico.... get ready to have some fun.

:cool1: DH and I are spending a few days at Disneyland before the cruise too! We just put a deposit down today! It will be our first trip to Disneyland EVER!!! :yay:

Sorry I vanished... but the slow site has had me avoiding the DIS boards

YEAH! Our group is at three now :banana:

Remind me again what info you need...

As per DL before hand, per my reading it seems as though Mon-Thur are the best days to do. Not sure how much time you will have before hand, but my fiance and I will be avoiding DL Fri-Sun, Touring plans has those days listed at a 7s, while Mon-Thur are 3s.

Is anyone interested in doing a meet-up our first day at sea? Maybe go to one of the lounges for an hour and have a"Drink and meet"

Anyone who wants to participate in the FE, please send me a PM.

Include:
screen name
stateroom number (if you don't know yet, say that, and update me when you are assigned)
number of adults in the room and whether male or female
number of children in room, male/female and ages
if anyone in the room has an allergy we all need to know about - for instance, to peanuts, so no one includes peanut M&Ms in their gifts

Some groups like to include "personalized" gifts with first names, or family names. If anyone wants to do personalized gifts, let me know, otherwise we can skip the real names until we meet on the ship! I know a lot of people who would be uncomfortable giving out their real names over the internet, even in a PM on the boards here. :confused3

I'd like to ask that everyone who wants to participate in the FE have their info to me before November 1 so the list can be finalized in enough time for everyone to do their gifts. I will send out the list on Nov. 2nd so everyone has a month to prepare.

If anyone needs more information on what a FE is, the FAQ sticky has links to great info threads on what FE are, how exchanges work, and how to make FE and gifts. :thumbsup2

Is anyone interested in doing a meet-up our first day at sea? Maybe go to one of the lounges for an hour and have a"Drink and meet"

I think this is a great idea. If the group stays this small, one meet should be fine! :goodvibes If we have a bunch more people hop on here, we might want to add a second meet...but we'll see.

Our first full day, Monday the 3rd, is a sea day. How about a meet in the early afternoon? I know we'll be trying for a brunch spot at Palo in the morning! Say, sometime around 2? Diversions or the Promenade Lounge tend to be good spots, unless there are activities going on in those spots - which we won't know until we get there.

Of course, if we preferred something in the morning that would be ok too. What does everyone think?

Anyone who wants to participate in the FE, please send me a PM.

Include:
screen name
stateroom number (if you don't know yet, say that, and update me when you are assigned)
number of adults in the room and whether male or female
number of children in room, male/female and ages
if anyone in the room has an allergy we all need to know about - for instance, to peanuts, so no one includes peanut M&Ms in their gifts

Some groups like to include "personalized" gifts with first names, or family names. If anyone wants to do personalized gifts, let me know, otherwise we can skip the real names until we meet on the ship! I know a lot of people who would be uncomfortable giving out their real names over the internet, even in a PM on the boards here. :confused3

I'd like to ask that everyone who wants to participate in the FE have their info to me before November 1 so the list can be finalized in enough time for everyone to do their gifts. I will send out the list on Nov. 2nd so everyone has a month to prepare.

If anyone needs more information on what a FE is, the FAQ sticky has links to great info threads on what FE are, how exchanges work, and how to make FE and gifts. :thumbsup2

I think this is a great idea. If the group stays this small, one meet should be fine! :goodvibes If we have a bunch more people hop on here, we might want to add a second meet...but we'll see.

Our first full day, Monday the 3rd, is a sea day. How about a meet in the early afternoon? I know we'll be trying for a brunch spot at Palo in the morning! Say, sometime around 2? Diversions or the Promenade Lounge tend to be good spots, unless there are activities going on in those spots - which we won't know until we get there.

Of course, if we preferred something in the morning that would be ok too. What does everyone think?

Alright PM sent :thumbsup2 Let me know if you got it. I some how tend to screw up sending them :rotfl:

Anywho can't wait for our cruise! This will be SOOOO much fun :yay:

So should we say if our group stays 15 or under we do one meet, if it goes over number that we could shoot for the first day at sea we meet, then meet again on the last day. If we do a meet, I could whip up some fun magnets for everyones door with screen names on them, or buttons that could be worn on the boat if I group gets big enough

Alright PM sent :thumbsup2 Let me know if you got it. I some how tend to screw up sending them :rotfl:

Anywho can't wait for our cruise! This will be SOOOO much fun :yay:

So should we say if our group stays 15 or under we do one meet, if it goes over number that we could shoot for the first day at sea we meet, then meet again on the last day. If we do a meet, I could whip up some fun magnets for everyones door with screen names on them, or buttons that could be worn on the boat if I group gets big enough

Got your PM, no problem! Nice to know your neighbors on the ship, isn't it?:rotfl:

I think buttons are a great idea...I know other cruises have had lanyards, name tags, things like that - to help identify the other dis members on board. This thread's kind of quiet, though...lol...there may just not be a lot of us!:scared1:

I think I'm going to work on a new version of my door magnet, now that the itinerary has changed and we have a new "theme". I'll post it up here when I am happy with it.

Got your PM, no problem! Nice to know your neighbors on the ship, isn't it?:rotfl:

I think buttons are a great idea...I know other cruises have had lanyards, name tags, things like that - to help identify the other dis members on board. This thread's kind of quiet, though...lol...there may just not be a lot of us!:scared1:

I think I'm going to work on a new version of my door magnet, now that the itinerary has changed and we have a new "theme". I'll post it up here when I am happy with it.

:laughing: It sure does seem as though it might be just the four of us. can't wait to see your design :)

:laughing: It sure does seem as though it might be just the four of us. can't wait to see your design :)

I'm hoping to make it at least six of us...trying to get my mother on her first EVER cruise (and her first EVER Disney experience!) :dance3: but don't know if it's going to happen. She's on the fence so far...but I'm working on it! :thumbsup2

Well, I did a whole lotta work on this the other day, and then one wrong button...POOF :guilty: it was gone. So I re-did it...still trying to get the little map to come out clearer in the top right, but I think this is going to be my final design. Just gotta clean it up some.

wonderriviera.jpg

I'm hoping to make it at least six of us...trying to get my mother on her first EVER cruise (and her first EVER Disney experience!) :dance3: but don't know if it's going to happen. She's on the fence so far...but I'm working on it! :thumbsup2

Well, I did a whole lotta work on this the other day, and then one wrong button...POOF :guilty: it was gone. So I re-did it...still trying to get the little map to come out clearer in the top right, but I think this is going to be my final design. Just gotta clean it up some.

wonderriviera.jpg

Tell your mum that my mom went on her first "new cruise ship (last cruise was on the Love Boat, literally, we were on the last cruise before Princess sold the boat to another company, the boat was so old. Our room felt like we were in a crew members room) and my mom HAD A BLAST!! Feel free to send your mom to my blog link below. YOu will have to back track but I posted a daily report of our Royal Caribbean Alaskan cruise this past summer, maybe she might like to read it.

I love the design!! I wonder if it might be fun to add a fun stamp like border to it and the border will be full of hidden mickeys :) If you want to sent me the design I can take a shot at it on my work computer, my laptop which I am using now does not have photoshop. Plus I wonder if on Adam and mine, I might have an arrow that adds two words before last, so it will read "Our first & Last Wander on the Wonder" :laughing:

You've inspired me...back to work on my design! ;)

Is there even anybody else on this thread anymore? :confused3

Oh well, more fun for us! :rotfl:

Oh, and mom is *THISCLOSE* to coming...she says she's putting the deposit down as soon as her tax refund comes! Fingers crossed!:woohoo:

ETA: This cruise is going to be part of your honeymoon? Do I remember correctly?

You've inspired me...back to work on my design! ;)

Is there even anybody else on this thread anymore? :confused3

Oh well, more fun for us! :rotfl:

Oh, and mom is *THISCLOSE* to coming...she says she's putting the deposit down as soon as her tax refund comes! Fingers crossed!:woohoo:

ETA: This cruise is going to be part of your honeymoon? Do I remember correctly?

Yes it will be :love:

We actually arrive in SoCal the Friday after Thanksgiving and with 5 days to explore Southern California (Universal, San Diego Zoo, Aquarium, Queen Mary, La Brea Tar Pits, Santa Monica) plus four days at Disneyland :banana:. I am So excited for Carsland :yay:. We will not be staying onsite though :sad2:, but I was blown away at how pricey the Disney hotels were. We are staying at the Best Western Plus for 9-nights, with 4-day tickets an a character breakfast for about $2,100, while the same package at the Disneyland hotel would run $3,600 :eek:. So no brainer there... we will use those saving to have fun on the boat ::yes:: Everyone said to spurge at the GC, but Adam and I both could not bring our selves to spend that kind of money on our hotel even for our honeymoon, it seems like such a waste.

How about you what are your plans before the trip? I hope you plan to stop and checkout Carsland as well

Yes it will be :love:

We actually arrive in SoCal the Friday after Thanksgiving and with 5 days to explore Southern California (Universal, San Diego Zoo, Aquarium, Queen Mary, La Brea Tar Pits, Santa Monica) plus four days at Disneyland :banana:. I am So excited for Carsland :yay:. We will not be staying onsite though :sad2:, but I was blown away at how pricey the Disney hotels were. We are staying at the Best Western Plus for 9-nights, with 4-day tickets an a character breakfast for about $2,100, while the same package at the Disneyland hotel would run $3,600 :eek:. So no brainer there... we will use those saving to have fun on the boat ::yes:: Everyone said to spurge at the GC, but Adam and I both could not bring our selves to spend that kind of money on our hotel even for our honeymoon, it seems like such a waste.

How about you what are your plans before the trip? I hope you plan to stop and checkout Carsland as well

How exciting for you guys!!! We actually plotted and planned the cruise a LONG time out, but only just recently decided to tack on the DL trip. We're flying out on Wednesday and just doing DL/DCA Thursday-Saturday. We decided the perks of on-site weren't really "worth it" to us at DL (WDW, we wouldn't do anything else!) so we're at the Ramada. Maybe we'll see each other at the parks! :goodvibes This is our first trip to Disneyland, and we're looking forward to it ALL - especially Cars Land! We both :love: Disney, but I'm more of a nut than DH. Thankfully, this board keeps me from driving him too crazy! :rotfl2:

I can't believe how quiet this thread is...:confused3 It's only been you and I posting for...well, a long time, it seems like.

HELLO? IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE??? :flower3:WE COME IN PEACE!

We both :love: Disney, but I'm more of a nut than DH. Thankfully, this board keeps me from driving him too crazy! :rotfl2:

I can't believe how quiet this thread is...:confused3 It's only been you and I posting for...well, a long time, it seems like.

Sounds about right! I try not to drive Adam crazy with my planning, with this trip he finally had to tell me to stop coming up with other options we are sticking to the plan LOL, at the time it kinda hurt but I can laugh at it now. It just made me realize that I must do most of my planning here and just give him the plan :rotfl: That way he won't know how many times I changed it up

HELLO? IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE??? :flower3:WE COME IN PEACE!

I agree.... HELLO?????

Sorry I haven't been real active I will try to pick up the pace a little... been busy with work and the end of the semester. So u guys know a little bit my family unit... dh (me) 38 at the time of the cruise. Dw will be 30 on the cruise and DD.will be 2 on the cruise... her second cruise already.

Justin

*sigh*

It's just a little lonely in here. Only three families on our cruise from the Dis...:sad2: So far, anyway! We did have one other poster say they were going to book but I haven't seen any confirmation that they did!

We'll have to make our own fun! :dance3:

Three is beter than 1!!!

The FE gifts would be so much less of surprise if you were the one putting them in there for yourself :laughing:

:welcome:... even though you have been here the home time

Glad to have you with us :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter