December 2, 2012 Wonder Cruise

Can't believe it is already March, and we are another month closer to the cruise. Kinda of suprised there haven't been a few more people show up here. So if you are out there lurking... say hi... the three of us can only have so much fun on here. Been thinking about the FE's... got a couple of good ideas so far... trying to think of a few more.

Can't believe it is already March, and we are another month closer to the cruise. Kinda of suprised there haven't been a few more people show up here. So if you are out there lurking... say hi... the three of us can only have so much fun on here. Been thinking about the FE's... got a couple of good ideas so far... trying to think of a few more.

Thats great! I too have thought of a great idea for FE's...

bump
bump
bump

Who knows maybe we are the only guest on the boat :rolleyes:

So Raven... has your mum decided to go yet :)

I can FINALLY report...YES!!! :banana::banana::banana: She and her BF will be joining our merry little (and I do mean little!) band! I too am kind of surprised that we haven't had more people jump "on board" here...but hey, at this rate, we can all meet up during the sail away and start the party off right!

I can FINALLY report...YES!!! :banana::banana::banana: She and her BF will be joining our merry little (and I do mean little!) band! I too am kind of surprised that we haven't had more people jump "on board" here...but hey, at this rate, we can all meet up during the sail away and start the party off right!

Fantastic :woohoo:

Maybe when summer hit we will see more people. I am really finding it hard to believe we are the only 3, or is it 4, now DIS users on the boat.

So being that it is our first time going, and see you have been many times on DCL, got any tips or suggestions for a romantic honeymoon :love:?

Well I would highly recommend a trip to Palo for a nice meal... though all the food is wonderful. My wife and I had a fantastic time there on our last cruise. Alot will depend on what you enjoy doing... some of the items we did last time and really enjoyed were:

Tequeila tasting and Beer Tasting... great fun small groups doing these..
Movie Trivia was a blast as well... (it was extra fun cuz they held it in the same room as my just finished beer tasting...)

We went of the repo cruise from Vancouver to LA last fall and so we actually skipped going to all the disney movies over the summer and since we were movie buff went to several different movies in the theater.

We also had a blast with the golf contest.

What were some of your likes and dislikes and maybe I can give you more.

Justin

Here's hoping our group grows a little in the near future.

Also have to say I am extra stoked cuz I also just booked my disneyland stay before the cruise... so my family is heading down November 29th and will have part of four days in the parks.... Updated Cal Adv, and several new rides... including cars land... yeah.

Well I would highly recommend a trip to Palo for a nice meal... though all the food is wonderful. My wife and I had a fantastic time there on our last cruise. Alot will depend on what you enjoy doing... some of the items we did last time and really enjoyed were:

Tequeila tasting and Beer Tasting... great fun small groups doing these..
Movie Trivia was a blast as well... (it was extra fun cuz they held it in the same room as my just finished beer tasting...)

We went of the repo cruise from Vancouver to LA last fall and so we actually skipped going to all the disney movies over the summer and since we were movie buff went to several different movies in the theater.

We also had a blast with the golf contest.

What were some of your likes and dislikes and maybe I can give you more.

Justin

Here's hoping our group grows a little in the near future.

Justin, thanks for the tips :thumbsup2

Yes, I have been reading many wonderful reviews about Palo, would you say dinner or Brunch? We are on a budget and brunch seemed like a better deal for the money.

We definitely love trivia/games and movies, nice tip on skipping movie over the summer though that way we can see them on the boat, "Brave" would be fun to save for the boat, though very hard to do

We don't drink much but we do enjoy the occasional drink and bar entertainment,like comedians and dueling piano

and what about the Golf contest?

Also have to say I am extra stoked cuz I also just booked my disneyland stay before the cruise... so my family is heading down November 29th and will have part of four days in the parks.... Updated Cal Adv, and several new rides... including cars land... yeah.

Fantastic! I too cannot wait to see all the changes to DCA, the last time I was there was in 2002 and don't remember much

DH and I have never been to Disneyland, so it'll be a fantastic trip for us, no matter what. Really looking forward to seeing the new Cars Land! :)

Palo, Palo, Palo for SURE!!! We've done both brunch and dinner, and for us, brunch is the winner. Don't get me wrong, dinner is a fantastic experience too, but our hearts belong to brunch! There is so much to choose from...plus he can't ever get enough of those little tiramasu "shooter" glasses, lol.

Also, make use of the aft overlook! That little "secret" deck is hardly EVER crowded, and a great spot to spend some time relaxing. You'll more than likely be alone or very close to it - just be aware it's closed after 7pm. But of course, you have your own balcony for after that!

Another thing to look at would be the rainforest room in the spa. Day passes aren't too horribly expensive ($15 a day if they haven't gone up since) and you might be able to get a deal on multi-day passes if you visit the spa open house on embarkation day. It's very relaxing and again, not often crowded (that I've seen).

And it's funny, but "late" at night, usually around 10-11pm (which isn't really "late" in my opinion!) the ship seems like a ghost town sometimes! You can practically have the upper decks to yourselves (with the cleaning crew sometimes ;) ). And deck 4 as well...it seems like everyone just clears out by mutual agreement, lol. DH and I love to walk or just lounge outside on deck 4...it feels like we stepped out of some old-time movie sometimes at night, with the lights just barely showing the water and nothing on the horizon. You almost feel alone even though you're on a ship with thousands of other people!!!

I just can't wait for this cruise to get here! We're very excited about our first visit to DL, too, of course...but we are over the moon about this cruise, particularly as it's mom's first cruise and first Disney trip ever! It's going to be so much fun!!!

On a practical note, though...we seem to have a pretty small group at the moment, and it seems we're all at DL prior. Have you guys booked your transportation to the port yet? We were debating about ours the other day. We know we don't want to rent a car, but we're up in the air about shuttles and taxis...when it's just the two of us, out of Orlando, we just use Disney transpo, but CA is totally new for us. Plus with two extra people along, we're wondering if a shuttle would be more economical, or taxi, or something else...thoughts?

Haven't figure the transport out yet. I heard they have a bus from the Disney hotels to the boat. I thought I would contact Disney to see if there is anyway to get on that bus.

just wanted to let everyone know I'm still alive... hope you all are as well. Just remember we are getting closer.

me too! Sorry have been absent. Finally found a job!! Which sadly means less lurking on the DIS :rotfl:

As per your trans request, DF and I are up for it. We will be the Best Western Plus, possible the DGC if points open up, but for now the cheap one. How about you guys, where are you staying? And if this information was already asked sorry, my brain is fried :faint:, so if you could just repeat it.

we are staying at the Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort which doesn't seem to be too far away from your hotel.

jb

we are staying at the Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim Resort which doesn't seem to be too far away from your hotel.
jb

Your right they seem very close, the one on S. Manchester Ave right?

Tell you what I am getting so excited for my first Disney cruise :hyper:

My fiance keeps giving me the look since I only seem to talk about the honeymoon and not our actual wedding :duck:, what can I say I have two loves Him and Disney, ok thats a lie I have three... Him, Disney and Tom Selleck :thumbsup2

yeah I do believe that is a the address. Being just five years removed from our wedding... I remember the honeymoon in far greater detail than the wedding, I remember more stress things about that day than going to disneyworld and then on a cruise. It wasn't a Disney one but it was still a great time. 5 days at disneyworld and an 8 day cruise... I couldn't argue with that.

We're staying at the Ramada Inn.

Nothing wrong with focusing on the honeymoon more than the wedding. Your wedding day will always be a blur in your memory...it's a never-ending parade of hugs and handshakes before and after a ceremony that seems to go by in a flash (after spending so much time planning it!!!). We've been married twelve years and I honestly don't remember much of the wedding day other than a blur! Good thing there are pictures!!!

So I feel a little bit better now, I went back on the three previous cruises before ours and we actually have the most activity... in fact the one just before our just has three posts. I'm hoping we get some more people but if not I think we can still have alot of fun with our FE.

Justin

I'm lurking, but only because we are considering this cruise, particularly if DCL doesn't roll out any 7 night itineraries out of LA for fall 2013! Gotta work on DH some more though... We'd be in for the FE for sure if we'd go. Hoping for kids sail free!

P.S. I saw one of you is in Rapid City. I'm originally from Sioux Falls!

Well I hope you decide to join our little band. I also enjoyed your trip report... it made for a great read.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter