Debt Dumpers 2021

It sounds pathetic but I don’t even bother to set personal goals for each NY. It would require a radical lifestyle/routine change which is not going to happen unless I quit working, which is also not going to happen any time soon.
Being home, collecting unemployment for 2 months when covid first hit, made me realize how absolutely physically exhausting my job really is. It made me really want to eliminate every debt including mortgage, so that some day I could work part time. Only then would I be able to carve out some me time to exercise.
I still take the stairs when possible most of the time but truthfully by Friday I’m about ready to fall flat on my face. Busy weekends full of laundry and housework are not exactly restful but include some downtime so that I feel able to start it all over again on Monday.
Part time sounds heavenly. :)

Thanks for that. I had 12 days off in a row last month and it was heaven. I came back to work so rested. Now I'm back to feeling like I did before vacation. :crazy2:

I really need to brag somewhere and I know you guys will be supportive and understand. I was able to cash in one IRA that was not making any money and partially cash in the main one (I'm old enough to avoid penalties), and.........totally paid off our mortgage, vehicle, credit card and personal loan. With all of this paid off and not having to make those monthly payments, I am now officially retired. Of course SS does not kick in for another couple of years. I just did all of this yesterday, and it still feels rather surreal.

I really need to brag somewhere and I know you guys will be supportive and understand. I was able to cash in one IRA that was not making any money and partially cash in the main one (I'm old enough to avoid penalties), and.........totally paid off our mortgage, vehicle, credit card and personal loan. With all of this paid off and not having to make those monthly payments, I am now officially retired. Of course SS does not kick in for another couple of years. I just did all of this yesterday, and it still feels rather surreal.
Congratulations!! :banana::banana::banana:

Huuuuuge congrats!!!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Got back from Disney a week ago. It was so much fun. Spent more than I planned but that wasn't entirely surprising. Really missed the dining plan. We haven't added up how much we spent on food but I feel like it will be close. Either way, I just prefer the dining plan. Space 220 was a letdown. Cool restaurant but the food was blah. Had my nephew with us for a few days and he got to build a droid and a lightsaber. He loved it.

It will just be the husband and I for Christmas this year and we have a long weekend so hoping to be productive and relaxed. We are going to a movie Thursday night and then just being home for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. We are wanting to look at our budget and adjust as necessary. I feel like we need to raise our food and gas categories as the prices also keep going up. We also need to add a little more to our Christmas account.

We are booked to go to Jacksonville for a week in June to see my nephew again. He has worthless parents and a crappy homelife so I'm trying to see him as much as I can and to give him experiences and just some happy time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday! I will be joining the 2022 group unfortunatley. LOL

Merry Christmas eve eve yall! Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a fabulous holiday (whether that be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Im off until after the first of the year, but I'm also cat sitting for a coworkers sister so I dont get to be as lazy as I'd like. But I'm making $400 so I can't complain too much. Im also planning on trying to paint the rest of the inside of my house, but we'll see how that goes.

Stay safe and have fun everyone!

Merry Christmas eve eve yall! Just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a fabulous holiday (whether that be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or whatever else you may celebrate.)

Im off until after the first of the year, but I'm also cat sitting for a coworkers sister so I dont get to be as lazy as I'd like. But I'm making $400 so I can't complain too much. Im also planning on trying to paint the rest of the inside of my house, but we'll see how that goes.

Stay safe and have fun everyone!

$400 to cat sit?! I'm in the wrong business. Lol

$400 to cat sit?! I'm in the wrong business. Lol
To be fair...she does have 4 cats that are all former strays and don't really get along with each other and she wants me over there 3 times a day (which won't happen tomorrow and Christmas day). But hey I still wasn't arguing with $400 when she lives 5 minutes from me. 😂

I did not realize I had not checked in since June...a 2022 goal will be to do better on accountability and checking in!

2021 End of Year Check-in:

Goal #1: Sell ”city” house. Not yet.
Goal #2 When city house sells, pay off the loan for the "country" house. Not yet.
Goal #3 Pay property taxes on both houses in January 2021. approx $6500.✅ Done
Goal #4 Cash flow all of daughter’s college tuition, fees, room and board. ✅ Done
Goal #5 Pay off all credit cards to zero balance. :) Done.
Goal #6 Maintain $2000 emergency fund ✅ Done
Goal #7 Update will.:) Done.
Goal #8 Replace dishwasher in country house. Not yet. Had to replace the fridge instead.
After the city house sells, the country house need some work. Almost none of these hoped for home improvements happened due to (a) City house has not sold yet and (b) the 5 day freezing storm in Texas in February killed many of the trees in the Country house yard and I had to spend quite a bit cutting down those trees/cleanup.
I did get
built an enclosed fence in the backyard with a ramp from the back porch for the dogs.✅ Done

Final Thoughts and Random Accomplishments for 2021:

I am very excited to have finally become credit card debt free in 2021. It was a long journey.
I am also happy that I have been able to cash flow all of my daughter's college expenses--no student debt so far!
I was able to cash flow/use savings for an Adventures By Disney trip that we are supposed to take in March 2022--it is paid in full and still a "go" for now, but I fear it will likely be cancelled.
2021 was the first year I have gone the High Deductible Health Insurance with HSA route. I maxed out the HSA and used very little of it. Exciting to see that little nest egg grow!
I earned $300 from my employer's wellness program in 2021.

Congratulations Debt Dumpers on your 2021 progress, and best wishes for 2022!

I'm in for 2021. We were doing well for 2020 but C19 hit. By 3rd quarter we were stir crazy and we started spending cash like crazy instead of sticking to our payoff and savings goals. SIGH!!

Financial Goal 2021
- Payoff DH Highlander $26K
- Cash roll home improvements (new floors and interior paint job) $20K. We have $10K saved so $10K to go.
- Build emergency fund back to $5K. There's about $500 in there now.

Personal Goal 2021
- Lose Weight and develop better eating habits
- Stay active in my Bible Study group
- Start back hiking twice a month

Well lets see how I finished 2021 So I can set goals for 2022.
Financial Goal 2021
- Payoff DH Highlander $26K - We paid down to $14K. We did pretty good considering my husband lost his job in August. Thank God he found employment in December. 5 months we lived on 1 income.

- Cash roll home improvements (new floors and interior paint job) $20K. We have $10K saved so $10K to go. - We didn't reach this goal. In the meantime since DH was unemployed he painted the interior of the house. YAY!!! It looks great!!

- Build emergency fund back to $5K. There's about $500 in there now. - Emergency fund is at $2K.

Personal Goal 2021
- Lose Weight and develop better eating habits - My weight fluctuated all year within a 8 lb window.

- Stay active in my Bible Study group - I was pretty active about 70% of the time. I plan to do better this year.

- Start back hiking twice a month - Thanks to my hip I wasn't able to hike this year. It's back at about 80% so hopefully this summer I'll be able to get back on the trails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter