Dealing with wrinkled clothes enroute...

DenCl

Earning My Ears
Any ideas on how to keep your clothes from getting wrinkled when packing or getting the wrinkles out when unpacking since an iron is not accessible in the stateroom.

Any ideas on how to keep your clothes from getting wrinkled when packing or getting the wrinkles out when unpacking since an iron is not accessible in the stateroom.

I usually send out my clothes for pressing when we first get to the stateroom. It does not cost that much and my clothes are ready for the rest of the cruise. the price to press clothes is 50% of what it would cost to dry clean onboard.

Some people use Downy Wrinkle Releaser

Preventing wrinkles- I don't know if this works for everything, but I roll up the clothes and put them ziploc bags with the air pressed out before putting them in the suitcase. (This also makes unpacking really quick and easy).

I read about Downy Wrinkle Release here on the DIS. I bought a bottle and took it with me but luckily, nothing was that wrinkled when I unpacked. You can always hang clothes in the bathroom and run the hot shower for a few minutes. The steam really helps.

I iron maybe 4 times a year -- seriously! (Luckily DH wears a wrinkle-proof uniform for work and I've gotten picky about what clothes I wear/buy.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Downy Wrinkle releaser :love: And it comes in travel sizes. Also, don't overpack your suitcases and use some smart packing. Years ago, Oprah had a packing expert on her show, and I learned lots of tips. I'm sure you could google "packing tips" and get something similar.

An easy way to get rid of the wrinkles without ironing is to hang them up in the bathroom, turn on the shower to hot water and close the bathroom door. Takes about 5 minutes and your clothes look better then an iron job!

Charleyann

After spending time BEFORE every cruise ironing everything, packing, then unpacking and going to the laundry room to "touch up", I decided my last cruise I spent way to much time stressing about & ironing my clothes.

As soon as I got the the stateroom, I sent them out for pressing - everything for the 4 nights.

It was so nice to have everything ready to go - and me not having to do it, but getting to that time exploring the ship.

I'm another fan of the Downy Wrinkle Release. I read about it here and now it goes with us wherever we travel. FWIW, I do go ahead and press my clothes before packing so that when we get there, the DWR won't have any serious wrinkles to release, but it definitely works well.

Pre-DWR, I would just take whatever needed and go to the laundry room and press there - I found that by boarding early and being ready to unpack as soon as our luggage was delivered that I could get whatever needed ironing into a pile and take it to do then and there is not a line. Others are just arriving on-board or attending other things or getting acquainted with the ship - so I found that's a good time to get in and get 'er done :)

We took Downy wrinkle release with us - works great!:thumbsup2
I did iron our really dressy clothes right before we left but, they were
in a garment bag so they didn't get wrinkled at all:goodvibes

Another fan of the Downy wrinkle releaser here. I hate to iron (I use a steamer at home), and the Downy works great, even on deep wrinkles. Just spray the clothes, and in minutes, they look almost as good as pressed. We don't go anywhere without the Downy in our suitcase anymore.

This works pretty well: Put outfits together on hangers, put a dry cleaning bag over each outfit, the fold in half & put in suitcase. If you want to remove the hangers, just lay the bag down on the bed & slide the hangers out, then fold. The plastic apparently resists friction while travelling which causes wrinkles. I just picked up my bags from the dry cleaner yesterday!!

I love Downy Wrinkle Releaser!! We are RVers and this product goes with us all the time!! I iron like... never! :thumbsup2 I've never tried ironing the clothes before packing, but I think this could only help! I am going to try it next time.

An easy way to get rid of the wrinkles without ironing is to hang them up in the bathroom, turn on the shower to hot water and close the bathroom door. Takes about 5 minutes and your clothes look better then an iron job!

Charleyann

Is the water hot enough?

Save the gallons of water it takes to run the shower to get wrinkles out.....bring a small travel size squirt bottle and spritz the clothes. You don't need to soak the clothes, just give them a little spray and the wrinkles will disappear.
I know everyone loves the 'wrinkle release' stuff but a squirt bottle with plain water does the trick. Of course, if you love the telltale smell of wrinkle releaser, then you are better off with that.:thumbsup2

Last time I sent out our dry clean only and dressy items for pressing. But for t-shirts and such I sprayed with a bit of the Downy wrinkle release and ran them in a dryer for about 10 minutes. It works great! I do that at home all the time. Ironing?!? What's that?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter