DDP price limit?

prfctlyximprfct

DIS Veteran
If you can get one entree and one dessert for each table service meal, is there a limit on what you can spend? For example, I'm eating at Teppan Edo and there's an option for chicken and filet but it's 34.99. Is there a cut off on what you can spend for a meal?

The only exclusion, we've experienced..you can't order an appetizer or entree for two, and use a single credit.

If you can get one entree and one dessert for each table service meal, is there a limit on what you can spend? For example, I'm eating at Teppan Edo and there's an option for chicken and filet but it's 34.99. Is there a cut off on what you can spend for a meal?
No, there isn't a cut off. Occasionaly, there may be an item, like Lobster, that might not be included and I believe there is a multi-person dish at the Moroccan restaurant that isn't included in the plan, but that's about it. If, by chance, there is some special or some item that is not included in the DDP at a restaurant you are dining at, the server will inform you before you order. Really though, we probably eaten at least a hundred meals at WDW on the dining plan and have never not had a menu item not covered under the DDP.

I can't think of any DDP restaurant that serves lobster (there aren't many) where it is excluded.

And you CAN order the multi-course feasts at Marrakesh on DDP, they just assess a surcharge of $5-$7 per person ordering, depending on which feast you order.

There are very, very few actual exclusions from DDP. One is the Kitchen Sink sundae at Beaches and Cream (that dessert is entirely excluded from DDP).

The limits or restrictions are very few for an entree. I do believe there are some desserts for two; so, you may be able to do it with another person and count it as both of your desserts, but even on the desserts there are not too many restrictions. When in doubt just ask. Drinks were more lucrative before, but they have been restrictive on this end with regarding what kind of drink and the size of it. There are some rumors that restaurants may cut back on free refills, too. Your sodas, regular coffee, hot or cold tea are usually okay.

If you maximize your meals the dining plan can go way above the actual cost of the plan. Just remember though, gratuity should be figured on the actual meal cost.

While that is a relatively expensive entree, if they started excluding items like that, it would make it impossible to save any money on the dining plan. I think the price for 2012 is $52ish...
So a $35 entree, plus a $6 dessert, plus a $3 beverage, plus a $16 CS meal, and a $3 snack.... Gives you $63. $67 with tax.
Disney claims that the DDP can save you "up to 20%" -- Well, based on this pricing, you save about 22%, right in line with the potential savings advertised by Disney.

No, there isn't a cut off. Occasionaly, there may be an item, like Lobster, that might not be included and I believe there is a multi-person dish at the Moroccan restaurant that isn't included in the plan, but that's about it. If, by chance, there is some special or some item that is not included in the DDP at a restaurant you are dining at, the server will inform you before you order. Really though, we probably eaten at least a hundred meals at WDW on the dining plan and have never not had a menu item not covered under the DDP.

OMG I never thought about it before. What about the "Our Famous Canyon Skillet All-You-Care-To-Enjoy" from Whispering Canyon? Is it included on the DDP?

Great question/thread prfctlyximprfct!

Cheers! :thumbsup2

OMG I never thought about it before. What about the "Our Famous Canyon Skillet All-You-Care-To-Enjoy" from Whispering Canyon? Is it included on the DDP?

Great question/thread prfctlyximprfct!

Cheers! :thumbsup2
Yes, it's included in the DDP and there is no extra charge.

We ate at Teppan Edo this past weekend and there were no limits. We were on the DxDDP so we got an appetizer as well and the sushi is not included even though it's the same price as the other appetizers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter