DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Friday? Feels like Saturday night for me.
Sure... kick a guy when he's down.

75-753181_kick-off-people-from-behind-kick-emoji.png

Morning all.

Wind chill here today of -40, along with sustained wind gust. Supposed to start warming up as we approach tomorrow but it has been a cold 36 hours.

Morning all.

Wind chill here today of -40, along with sustained wind gust. Supposed to start warming up as we approach tomorrow but it has been a cold 36 hours.
Yeah, that's just a mite on toward the chilly side of things.

It's in the +40s down this way.
But then again - being February - it's already time to bust out the lawnmower either today or tomorrow.
Different place... Different problems...

That's balloon shootin' weather!
Certainly is, and one even drifted right over my little podunk town this morning.

Except as far as I can tell, that one's only useful purpose is to prove that folks on this side of the globe are nothing more then panic stricken idiots. Either that or it's an attempt to determine the total number and general size of all the cesspools we currently maintain on a typical industrial hog farm. Either way, it ain't worth the ammo and the folks that sent it have already accomplished both missions.

Either that or it's an attempt to determine the total number and general size of all the cesspools we currently maintain on a typical industrial hog farm.
How many would that be?
(I'm betting I can sell this info for big $$$)
Either way, it ain't worth the ammo and the folks that sent it have already accomplished both missions.
I get not wanting to shoot it down over land. Balloons that size can carry rather hefty payloads. I've seen them launched with payloads exceeding two tons. (Just looked it up, large balloons can carry up 8,000lbs)
Bringing down something like that without knowing what it's carrying could cause a lot of damage.

Then again... when it was over Montana... mighta killed a sheep? Maybe a cow?

How many would that be?
(I'm betting I can sell this info for big $$$)
Enough to seriously contaminate the local water supply every time on of them fails.
It ain't pretty.

I get not wanting to shoot it down over land. Balloons that size can carry rather hefty payloads. I've seen them launched with payloads exceeding two tons. (Just looked it up, large balloons can carry up 8,000lbs)
Bringing down something like that without knowing what it's carrying could cause a lot of damage.

Then again... when it was over Montana... mighta killed a sheep? Maybe a cow?
Replacing live stock can get expensive too (and I think that the cattle in Montana count as a reliable voting block that shouldn't be ignored).

I also notice that y'all weren't having anywhere near as overwrought a panic attack as us when it was flying over BC and Alberta. Makes us look like a bunch of whiney 10-year-olds.

Regardless, it's in the the ocean now about 40-odd miles straight off where our condo is. Safer to land the thing there anyway. Once they monitor it to ensure there's nothing hazardous going on (bio, chemical, atomic or otherwise) I suspect it'll get hauled up and checked out. Who knows, some bits of the balloon might even wash up on our chunk of the beach and I'll be able to sell 'em on eBay along with my collections of various Jesus and Elvis shaped potato chips.

Enough to seriously contaminate the local water supply every time on of them fails.
It ain't pretty.
:scared:
I think that the cattle in Montana count as a reliable voting block that shouldn't be ignored
:laughing:
I also notice that y'all weren't having anywhere near as overwrought a panic attack as us when it was flying over BC and Alberta. Ma
There was some panic:
“Is my toque on straight?”
“Wait until I polish my skidoo!”
“I had my eyes closed!”
Regardless, it's in the the ocean now about 40-odd miles straight off where our condo is. Safer to land the thing there anyway. Once they monitor it to ensure there's nothing hazardous going on (bio, chemical, atomic or otherwise) I suspect it'll get hauled up and checked out. Who knows, some bits of the balloon might even wash up on our chunk of the beach and I'll be able to sell 'em on eBay along with my collections of various Jesus and Elvis shaped potato chips.
Wait… you can sell balloon fragments?

:sad2: all those wasted birthday parties

There are folks on eBay asking royal prices for reused baby-food jars filled with water purportedly taken from Splash Mountain before it closed for the "dreaded refurb".
Being as I didn't actually make that one up...

I think you'd have a good shot at turning a profit with party balloon fragments.
(so long as you come up with a good enough back story for 'em).

There are folks on eBay asking royal prices for reused baby-food jars filled with water purportedly taken from Splash Mountain before it closed for the "dreaded refurb".
Being as I didn't actually make that one up...
I heard that… and just assumed it was a joke.

Faith in humanity takes another hit.
think you'd have a good shot at turning a profit with party balloon fragments.
(so long as you come up with a good enough back story for 'em).
:idea:

Morning, Fellas! Been MIA lately, but been a bit busy. I did a photo gig this weekend at a local Catholic school. The lower school, think elementary, did Godspell, Jr. and I was asked to take pictures. Now the fun part of editing all those pictures begins. I actually do enjoy it.

Finally heard back on the audition for Hello Dolly, and I didn't get the part I wanted I wanted. As you guys know, I auditioned for Horace Vandergelder, and that role went to someone else. It wasn't a dream role that I had to have, so I'm ok with it. Now that I know that I'm not going to be in the show I can concentrate on our trip to Disney World. I had mentioned this before, but the DW and DD were asked to be in a one day performance at a local community theater company, and that performance just happens to be the day we leave for Disney. Because of this, we are going to have to move the trip, be it by a day or to a whole other month. August. Either way, this is something the DW and I will have to talk about. I suspect I could move our trip to August and still get something in the Pop Century, though I'm sure the decision will have to be made soon. Well, guys, have a good day. I'll try and get caught up soon.

TTFN

That's balloon shootin' weather!
:lmao:

Not gonna lie. I'd pay the stupid money to play the carnival balloon popping game if I could use an F-22 instead of a dull crooked dart.
Except as far as I can tell, that one's only useful purpose is to prove that folks on this side of the globe are nothing more then panic stricken idiots. Either that or it's an attempt to determine the total number and general size of all the cesspools we currently maintain on a typical industrial hog farm. Either way, it ain't worth the ammo and the folks that sent it have already accomplished both missions.
I mean... could they really see anything that they couldn't see with a satellite?
Who knows, some bits of the balloon might even wash up on our chunk of the beach and I'll be able to sell 'em on eBay along with my collections of various Jesus and Elvis shaped potato chips.
If you want to get top dollar for it, bottle the balloon water with the balloon fragment still in it.
Because of this, we are going to have to move the trip, be it by a day or to a whole other month. August. Either way, this is something the DW and I will have to talk about. I suspect I could move our trip to August and still get something in the Pop Century, though I'm sure the decision will have to be made soon.
August... sounds hot. When was it you were originally planning to go again?

Sorry you didn't get the part, but sounds like it is working out just fine anyway.

It ain't pretty.
This should go on the SC tourist pamphlet.

Replacing live stock can get expensive too (and I think that the cattle in Montana count as a reliable voting block that shouldn't be ignored).
And it's a waste of perfectly good steak.

Congratulations on having a 21 year old daughter, https://www.disboards.com/members/captain_oblivious.217344/ ! 🎂
Thank you... I think. I told her yesterday that now I officially can't stop her from doing anything.

I mean, it's been that way for years, but now it's official.

It would be nice to have something redeeming from all of those hours wasted over the years.

I remain amazed at what people will sell/shell out money for. I saw others selling sand from the spot where Tom Brady announced his retirement (again).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter