DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning, Fellas! Well, it's the day after Thanksgiving, Back Friday, or as I sometimes call it: May-Pants-Don't-Fit-Day. This is the first day in years that I've had to work the day after Thanksgiving, but that's healthcare. On Wednesday, before I left work, I looked at the schedule for the office I'll be at today and it doesn't look to be that bad, but I'm sure we'll get lots of walk-ins and phone calls because someone forgot to do something. At least it'll make the day go by. After work, I'll be heading over to a theater where I'll be taking pictures of my DD's last dress rehearsal for her dance studio's production of The Nutcracker opens tomorrow. This will be my DD's first Nutcracker....I'm so excited. Well, gents, have a good day.

TTFN

Best Indiana Jones Boulder GIFs | Gfycat

:rotfl2:

Turns out... there's two. :faint:

"It's in your bladder now. Will prescribe Flomax to help it come out. But you have another one floating around in your right kidney that will probably come loose some time."

great.

Wow. Hope they pass soon, and with as little pain as possible.

:welcome:WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB IbeAbitGOOFY! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #736!

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.

Thanks for the welcome (again). I know it's been awhile since I posted. Is this what happens when you don't visit the boards that often. LOL. BTW, this is Malvin.

Morning, Fellas! Well, it's the day after Thanksgiving, Back Friday, or as I sometimes call it: May-Pants-Don't-Fit-Day. This is the first day in years that I've had to work the day after Thanksgiving, but that's healthcare. On Wednesday, before I left work, I looked at the schedule for the office I'll be at today and it doesn't look to be that bad, but I'm sure we'll get lots of walk-ins and phone calls because someone forgot to do something. At least it'll make the day go by. After work, I'll be heading over to a theater where I'll be taking pictures of my DD's last dress rehearsal for her dance studio's production of The Nutcracker opens tomorrow. This will be my DD's first Nutcracker....I'm so excited. Well, gents, have a good day.

TTFN

Have great day. Thanks for helping keep everyone well. Hoping your day is quiet but goes by quickly.

Morning Boys, from a hungover London. That is all.

Good morning sir!

Morning Malvin, hope you had a good day yesterday mate
I did, sir. Ready to tackle the leftovers today. No since putting the stretchy pants back in the drawer after only one day. Hope your day was fabulous.
Well you know that Randall, always the cut up!

Welcome back Malvin!

Hahaha. Good 'ole Randall!!

Thanks.

After work, I'll be heading over to a theater where I'll be taking pictures of my DD's last dress rehearsal for her dance studio's production of The Nutcracker opens tomorrow
Is this her studio's recital? Or is she involved in a larger group's seasonal multi-performance production, or... ?
Wow. Hope they pass soon, and with as little pain as possible.
I'm hoping just one passes right now. The other one isn't bothering me (yet) and I could use a break.
Morning Boys, from a hungover London. That is all.
hans-solo-salute.gif
Thanks for the welcome (again). I know it's been awhile since I posted. Is this what happens when you don't visit the boards that often. LOL. BTW, this is Malvin.
Don't think I've had the pleasure. Nice ta meet cha.

Morning chaps from a colder than a witches whatsits London. Good training for Canada tho.
Leftovers today with bubble and squeak.
Cheeky 5k this morning trying to work off the Pecan pie.
Have a good Saturday boys

Morning chaps from a colder than a witches whatsits London. Good training for Canada tho.
That's the single thing I'm not looking forward to in Germany....cold.

But...it takes lemons to make lemonade and to be able to see Europe, see castles, eat as many authentic brats as I can stuff in my face, drive the Autobahn, tour the rhine and even meet up with Dan :duck:, it's worth the sacrifice.

Funny thing....it's only 15 degrees colder today.
33 there vs. 48 here.

Last edited:

Good morning gents. Not much going on here today other than jumping on the treadmill to start working off the Thanksgiving pounds and watching the final weekend of regular season college football. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.

That's the single thing I'm not looking forward to in Germany....cold.

But...it takes lemons to make lemonade and to be able to see Europe, see castles, eat as many authentic brats as I can stuff in my face, drive the Autobahn, tour the rhine and even meet up with Dan :duck:, it's worth the sacrifice.

Funny thing....it's only 15 degrees colder today.
33 there vs. 48 here.
The thing that stands out there?

Learning Celsius.

The thing that stands out there?

Learning Celsius.
Learning metric in general. They do kph as well.

Below 0C - you're insane, right?
0C - Freaking freezing
5C - freaking cold
10C - mildly cold
15C - chilly
20C - brisk
25C - perfect
30C - little warm
35C - hot
40C - fry an egg on the pavement

See? I got this!

Anything less than 150 kph - get out of my way granny
160 kph - almost there
200 kph - just getting fun
250 kph - nice cruising speed
300 kph - now we're talking
350 kph - YEAH BUDDY!!!!
:lmao:

Last edited:
0C - Freaking freezing
5C - freaking cold
10C - mildly cold
15C - chilly
20C - brisk
25C - perfect
30C - little warm
35C - hot
40C - fry an egg on the pavement

See? I got this!
Yeah, that's pretty accurate! :laughing:
Anything less than 150 kph - get out of my way granny
160 kph - almost there
200 kph - just getting fun
250 kph - nice cruising speed
300 kph - now we're talking
350 kph - YEAH BUDDY!!!!
:lmao:
:faint: You're going to wind up a smear on the pavement!
Taking your bike over??

Yeah, that's pretty accurate! :laughing:

:faint: You're going to wind up a smear on the pavement!
Taking your bike over??
If I can, yes. Can't take the truck...too big for the roads over there and gas more expensive. I will probably buy a small car when I get there.

England would confuse the shizzle out of you. We are this messy halfway house.

Beer - Pints
Spirits - 25ml is a measure. So in a pub you would order a Pint of Beer and 250ml of Wine.

Milk - Pints
Pretty much any other liquid in a container - Litres. So in a supermarket you buy a 4 pint bottle of milk and a litre of Orange juice.

Meat - Kilos.
Unless its a Turkey - Pounds. So for Xmas dinner you would by a 12 pound turkey and a 2 Kilo Ham.

Architectural Measurement - Meters/MM
Distance in Driving - Miles. So you would drive 20 miles to pick up some shelves measuring 600mm wide for one of my shops.

And no-one would bat an eyelid in the UK about any of this.

Easy, eh?

If I can, yes. Can't take the truck...too big for the roads over there and gas more expensive. I will probably buy a small car when I get there.
Might cost more than a fortune to ship both... or even just the truck... I suspect the bike will be enough $$ as it is... but I'd probably do the same.
England would confuse the shizzle out of you. We are this messy halfway house.
What in the actual heck?!?!?
No wonder the US left the Commonwealth! Now I'm wondering why we didn't!

Afternoon boys.

Had a nice visit with my parents for Dad's 87th birthday. It was a typical visit of not doing much. DS came back yesterday as a bit of snow was falling while DW and I did a bit of shopping then an afternoon beer and nachos at a pub.

Good times! Have a good Sunday all.

Oh and schooling Doc about gravy on GroupMe last night. ;)

Last edited:
And no-one would bat an eyelid in the UK about any of this.
Okay...remind me when I come visit. Strange about everything except turkey is kilos. Well, okay...it's all a bit strange, but since I met you, I am not surprised. :duck:

Might cost more than a fortune to ship both... or even just the truck... I suspect the bike
They're paying to relocate me, so I think one vehicle might be covered. If not, then it will be worth it to have the bike there in warmer months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter