DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

If that was schooling, it was like the teacher in Charlie Brown. :lmao:

YARN | YOU JUST GOT SCHOOLED | The Hangover Part III (2013) | Video gifs by  quotes | 7f557a07 | 紗

They're paying to relocate me, so I think one vehicle might be covered. If not, then it will be worth it to have the bike there in warmer months.
Then definitely take the bike. The truck will probably be frowned upon by... everyone.
Besides, public transportation is so good, who needs a car/truck?

Morning, Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I had a good weekend. My DD's production of The Nutcracker was this weekend, and what a production. This is a dance studio's production, but the artistic director does bring some professionals in for the big stuff in Act 2, but otherwise it's all students...and my DD was the best dancer up there! :teeth: Naturally. This has a bit of a twist to it. The director decided that when she started doing this, she was going to take the story of The Nutcracker and adapt it to Cape Cod's nautical history. Thus The Sea Captain's Nutcracker was born. So in Act 1 there are pirates instead of the Mouse King and what not. I don't know The Nutcracker very well, so I honestly don't know all the characters in the story, but it does have a nautical twist to it, and it comes off as a great story/production. Either way, this is a great production, and I believe the only dance studio on the Cape that does a full production of The Nutcracker. This happens every 2 years, with last year being the exception because of COVID, so the next one won't happen until 2023. I did make it to rehearsal on Friday and took over 560 photos, I'm going through them now, and came up with some good pictures. Act 2 opens with what's called the "Tides and Waves," and my DD was one of those tides and waves. I won't show pictures of actual dancers on here, being minors and all, but here's a picture I took of the tides and waves:

IMG_9517Instg.jpg

To come up with the water, the director uses 3 long rolls of silk material that that the students will then wave up and down to create the waves. Oh, they do have little mice, those being the next to the youngest dancers. And OMG are they adorable.

Well, off to make breakfast and then off to work. Have a good day, gents, and we'll chat later.

TTFN

Thanks for the welcome (again). I know it's been awhile since I posted. Is this what happens when you don't visit the boards that often. LOL. BTW, this is Malvin.

Hey, Malvin! Welcome back. Hope you stick around for a while.

I did, sir. Ready to tackle the leftovers today. No since putting the stretchy pants back in the drawer after only one day. Hope your day was fabulous.

You put your stretchy pants away after ONLY ONE DAY?! Ok, so I did, as I had to go to work, but I had to be shoehorned into my pants....and I couldn't breath deeply.

Is this her studio's recital? Or is she involved in a larger group's seasonal multi-performance production, or... ?

This is a studio performance, and they do this every 2 years. This is a large studio and a great studio.

I'm hoping just one passes right now. The other one isn't bothering me (yet) and I could use a break.

Let's hope the one passes quickly.

That's the single thing I'm not looking forward to in Germany....cold.

But...it takes lemons to make lemonade and to be able to see Europe, see castles, eat as many authentic brats as I can stuff in my face, drive the Autobahn, tour the rhine and even meet up with Dan :duck:, it's worth the sacrifice.

Funny thing....it's only 15 degrees colder today.
33 there vs. 48 here.

Where in Germany? I think I asked this, but can't remember.

Good morning gents. Not much going on here today other than jumping on the treadmill to start working off the Thanksgiving pounds and watching the final weekend of regular season college football. Hope everyone enjoys theirs.

You use your treadmill? Mine's being used as a storage rack.

Learning metric in general. They do kph as well.

Below 0C - you're insane, right?
0C - Freaking freezing
5C - freaking cold
10C - mildly cold
15C - chilly
20C - brisk
25C - perfect
30C - little warm
35C - hot
40C - fry an egg on the pavement

See? I got this!

Anything less than 150 kph - get out of my way granny
160 kph - almost there
200 kph - just getting fun
250 kph - nice cruising speed
300 kph - now we're talking
350 kph - YEAH BUDDY!!!!
:lmao:

Don't forget to learn how to order beer in German. That's very important, you know.

Last edited:
Where in Germany? I think I asked this, but can't remember.
I probably forgot to respond the first time you asked. Sorry.

Near Kaiserslaughtern (where Ramstein is)

Don't forget to learn how to order beer in German. That's very important, you know.
Easy...one of the first things I learned. ;)

Ein bier bitte.

Morning, fellas. Hope everyone had a great week last week.

We had a pretty good one ourselves. We surprised our older kids with a day trip to NYC to go see Hamilton on Broadway. It was an early Christmas gift for them, and they had no idea it was coming, so that made for a great day.
Thanksgiving weekend was pretty nice. Smoked the turkey and it turned out perfectly, Then I gorged on leftovers and put up Christmas decorations. Not too shabby.

@pkondz, here's hoping those stones go away quickly! Sorry for the continued suffering.

my DD was the best dancer up there! :teeth: Naturally.
But of course.
The director decided that when she started doing this, she was going to take the story of The Nutcracker and adapt it to Cape Cod's nautical history.
Huh! I like it. :)
here's a picture I took of the tides and waves:
Pretty good. :)
Let's hope the one passes quickly.
Not yet...
We had a pretty good one ourselves. We surprised our older kids with a day trip to NYC to go see Hamilton on Broadway. It was an early Christmas gift for them, and they had no idea it was coming, so that made for a great day.
Very nice! Sure everyone enjoyed that.
@pkondz, here's hoping those stones go away quickly! Sorry for the continued suffering.
Still waiting... But at least it's not bothering me today.
Got the official verbal offer today and just waiting on the written. Turns out they won't ship a vehicle :sad2:, but I may ship the bike at my own expense. Have to see how much that will cost.
Dang.
A (very!) quick Google says it costs betwenn $1,000-$2,000 to ship a bike to Europe.
Radar was able to do it, I'm sure you will figure a way. ;)
:lmao:

Morning chaps from a slightly Omnicromatic mother country.
Year end stuff today, due to me being off from 17 Dec to around Jan 12. Just trying to tidy up my spreadsheets and all that, so I've got roughly 3 weeks to get all my books in a line.

Good morning boys! Hope everyone had a great weekend and ready for a new week. It's a short one for me. The wifey and I are headed to DC for the weekend to celebrate 15 years of marriage.
Happy Anniversary to you and the missus, Malvin
Got the official verbal offer today and just waiting on the written.
Almost official congrats Doc

Morning fellas. A bit frosty here in eastern VA. Trying to knock stuff out before Friday's day off. Coffee is brewed and being consumed. This will be a good day!

Year end stuff today, due to me being off from 17 Dec to around Jan 12. Just trying to tidy up my spreadsheets and all that, so I've got roughly 3 weeks to get all my books in a line.

Happy Anniversary to you and the missus, Malvin
Thank you sir! Spreadsheets - if it wasn't for Excel and PowerPoint, I'm not sure I'd have a job. I seem to live in them!

Got the official verbal offer today and just waiting on the written.

Congrats, Doc! I guess it's time to brush up on your German. I don't know the language, but I think the key is to sound angry at everything.

Still waiting... But at least it's not bothering me today.

Well, thank goodness for small favors, at least.

Anyone else think they're just grabbing these variant names from Star Trek episodes now? I think the omnicron is some sort of doohickey that controls warp speed.

Year end stuff today, due to me being off from 17 Dec to around Jan 12.

Wow, that'll be a nice break for sure.

Congrats, Doc! I guess it's time to brush up on your German. I don't know the language, but I think the key is to sound angry at everything.
Thanks Mark. Not mad when I'm saying ein bier bitte or ein grobes bier bitte or brats arr wunderbar.

Not angry at all.

Last edited:
Morning, Gents! Made it to the top, downhill from here. Hope everyone's having a good week so far, I am. I was supposed to be at one office yesterday only to find out I wasn't needed when I got there. So, off to another office I went, a much nicer office. I'll be there until Thursday, so I'm a happy camper. Well, gents, have a good day. Chat with ya later.

TTFN

I probably forgot to respond the first time you asked. Sorry.

Near Kaiserslaughtern (where Ramstein is)

Nice area, close to the Alps.

Easy...one of the first things I learned. ;)

Ein bier bitte.

:thumbsup2

Ein GroBes bier bitte.

(Just making sure you get the right size)

Just to be clear, that "B" is supposed to be a double "s" sound.

Good morning boys! Hope everyone had a great weekend and ready for a new week. It's a short one for me. The wifey and I are headed to DC for the weekend to celebrate 15 years of marriage.

Happy Anniversary! That's wonderful.

But of course.

:teeth:

Huh! I like it. :)

It was a good brilliant idea, and pulled off wonderfully. I'm not sure I'd have come up with that.

Pretty good. :)

Thanks.

Not yet...

Hope it passes soon.

Morning all.
Was thinking of calling in, this morning. Doing a dreaded late evening/early morning/night shift triple header.
But there promises to be some drama at work today that I just have to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter