DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I heard Alonso's F bomb.
I heard about that one.
I'll be honest... I'm a motorsports fan, but have always had a hard time getting into F1. Even after attending a couple of races when they were coming to Indy in the early 2000s. From the sounds of things the past few weeks, maybe it's more entertaining than the follow the leader snooze fest I've known it to be.

Hello gents,
Just stopping by, busy working these days.
In case anyone is curious, remember the former co-worker who came asking for money?
I responded to his email, said that I didn't feel comfortable doing it (I probably would have just given him 50 bucks, but my wife doesn't know him at all and I didn't want to do something that might cause drama at home). I did offer to take him out for a meal and beer to chat about his situation. He got back to me and said no thanks, he will survive on his own. Oh well, I did the best I was conformable doing. Really makes me suspicious what the $50 was for. It wasn't going to cover a mortgage or car payment...
Definitely made the right call.

Happy Birthday Mark!!!!

I'll be honest... I'm a motorsports fan, but have always had a hard time getting into F1. Even after attending a couple of races when they were coming to Indy in the early 2000s. From the sounds of things the past few weeks, maybe it's more entertaining than the follow the leader snooze fest I've known it to be.
It's soooo much better this year. There's an actual challenge for both driver and constructor's championship.
Right now Hamilton and Verstappen are separated by only 8 points (Hamilton trailing) with 2 races to go.

And... Happy Belated Birthday to you, Andy!
:bday:

Happy Birthday Mark!!!!

Thanks, Andy! And happy belated birthday to you.

Calories don't count today!

Thanks, I'm officially an adult now. Just turned 40.

Congratuations! Now you too can be amazed at the rate at which you completely fall apart physically.

Happy birthday @Captain_Oblivious

Thanks, Doc!

I heard about that one.
It's soooo much better this year. There's an actual challenge for both driver and constructor's championship.
Right now Hamilton and Verstappen are separated by only 8 points (Hamilton trailing) with 2 races to go.

I wouldn't say it is so much better but it is better. There still is only two cars that can probably win a race. If another manufacturer does, it is probably because something happened to the Mercs of the Red Bulls. The championship fight is good because it is close but most races are still very parade like. Most of the passing is coming from pit strategy and not actual racing on the track

Hopefully with new cars next year the playing field will even out and there will be better racing.

I wouldn't say it is so much better but it is better. There still is only two cars that can probably win a race. If another manufacturer does, it is probably because something happened to the Mercs of the Red Bulls. The championship fight is good because it is close but most races are still very parade like. Most of the passing is coming from pit strategy and not actual racing on the track

Hopefully with new cars next year the playing field will even out and there will be better racing.
I dunno. I agree with you in a general sense, but... there was tons of passing at the last race. And the race before that with Hamilton coming from last to 5th on the sprint and then 10th to 1st... again plenty of passing (albeit that one car, mostly.)
Not much passing for the lead, granted.

Well, I just had to come by to report that I had beans for lunch. I had tacos for supper.
I am already regretting that decision.
I suspect it's going to sound like a private show of Illuminations in my bedroom later. Or on the couch, which is where SWMBO may send me.

Thanks, fellas! I get to spend all day at work and then go home and start prepping the turkeys for Thanksgiving dinner.
Thanks, I'm officially an adult now. Just turned 40.
Happy birthday to you both!
I shall have a special celebration in your honour (see above :p )

Morning, fellas! Hope everyone's doing well. Another early day today, so I'm going to be short. Had a good day at work yesterday, except for one guy who wouldn't take my answer on scheduling his next appointment. He thought he could go to the lady next to me to get a different answer. Yeah, didn't work. She told him the same thing. I like this office, but the patients feel entitled. The doctor's a very nice doctor, and as a result, he's allowed his patients go get what they want. Well, now that he's leaving, they won't take no for an answer when it comes to scheduling their next appointments. These people going to have a rude awakening when the new doctor comes in. Anyways. Have a good day, everyone, and we'll chat later.

And Happiest of Birthdays to those who have Birthdays: Mark and Andy! :bday::bday::bday::bday::bday:

Morning, fellas.
Rough night last night. Lucky if I got more than 15-20 minutes sleep. Should be fun at work now.

Sorry to hear that.

Absolutely. Baby steps, ya know.

Yeah, don't want to over due it, ya know.

Hello gents,
Just stopping by, busy working these days.
In case anyone is curious, remember the former co-worker who came asking for money?
I responded to his email, said that I didn't feel comfortable doing it (I probably would have just given him 50 bucks, but my wife doesn't know him at all and I didn't want to do something that might cause drama at home). I did offer to take him out for a meal and beer to chat about his situation. He got back to me and said no thanks, he will survive on his own. Oh well, I did the best I was conformable doing. Really makes me suspicious what the $50 was for. It wasn't going to cover a mortgage or car payment...

It's tough telling someone that you can't give them money to help out, but something doesn't sound right.

Well, I just had to come by to report that I had beans for lunch. I had tacos for supper.
I suspect it's going to sound like a private show of Illuminations in my bedroom later. Or on the couch, which is where SWMBO may send me.

I'm sure your co-workers regret that decision, too.

:rotfl2:

Simple solution...
Don't get drunk. No hangover.

Problem solved!

I'll send you my bill.
Ain't paying for that advice.
Rough trip to Dallas? ;)
Nah, but the Saturday before the Monday flight was a shocker. I think I could have p!55ed in the Airplane's fuel tank and saved them a few quid.

Well guys, I have some wonderful news. Had an interview for a position in Germany. It went so well, one of the people actually said during the interview we need you. For any of you who've conducted interviews, you know this is not something you want to say in an interview and quite rare.

So...the manager said I'd be hearing from him soon about next steps. Also a very good indicator.

Looks like after DDCC10, I will be moving to Germany. To say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year...I was supposed to be assigned there when in the AF, but didn't happen (painful story).

Well guys, I have some wonderful news. Had an interview for a position in Germany. It went so well, one of the people actually said during the interview we need you. For any of you who've conducted interviews, you know this is not something you want to say in an interview and quite rare.

So...the manager said I'd be hearing from him soon about next steps. Also a very good indicator.

Looks like after DDCC10, I will be moving to Germany. To say I'm thrilled is the understatement of the year...I was supposed to be assigned there when in the AF, but didn't happen (painful story).

Congrats Doc!

Not as much as those around you.
:laughing:
:lmao:
Another early day today, so I'm going to be short.
So what are we talking here... 5'4''? 5'2''?
except for one guy who wouldn't take my answer on scheduling his next appointment. He thought he could go to the lady next to me to get a different answer. Yeah, didn't work. She told him the same thing. I like this office, but the patients feel entitled.
:sad2:
Time for them to wake up and smell the antiseptic.

Holy crap! That's huge news!!! Congrats!
When's the moving date???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter