DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I see a number of folks have dropped in who we ain't heard form in quite some time.
Not 'round here at least.

Y'all Slumming?
Good to hear from ya' regardless.

You need to put your foot down!
Was about to, but then I noticed the bear-trap conveniently placed out in front of the overlord's offices.

It's a relatively effective deterrent.

I see a number of folks have dropped in who we ain't heard form in quite some time.
Not 'round here at least.

Y'all Slumming?

Was about to, but then I noticed the bear-trap conveniently placed out in front of the overlord's offices.

It's a relatively effective deterrent.
I like keeping my options open

Finally got a chance to watch the Muppets Haunted Mansion. It is AWESOME!. The corny jokes are wonderful and it's fun to find al the cameos. Too bad The Kid and The Better Half just don't understand how great the Muppets are in general. They both think the Muppets are corny and overdone. They just don't have my sophisticated palate.
Agreed. My boy took one look at the title and said "so they basically wrote a show for you dad"

Hey You Made It Through The Middle Of The Work Week Happy Hump Day Camel Glitter

Hey guys. Been slammed with work and running the kids around so I haven't had much time to jump in here. Hope you're hanging in there.

Low and behold I have been found. How the hell is everyone?

Salutations Humanoids!!!

Nice to see some blasts from the past here. We're getting the band back together, man!

They both think the Muppets are corny and overdone. They just don't have my sophisticated palate.

This is grounds for a divorce.

Afternoon, just driving by from sunny yet chilly London. President Business is having his pound of flesh out of me this month, I'm now live in 6 sites over 5 time zones from CET to Shanghai. Crazy Busy.

Well...tell me they at least let you keep the frequent flier miles. How's the family feeling?

Y'all Slumming?

:rotfl2:

Agreed. My boy took one look at the title and said "so they basically wrote a show for you dad"

And the problem is...:confused3

Hey, Gents! Work's been crazy, and I'm getting tired of being a punching bag for patients who screw up and forget they have an appointment, or when their appointment is. I have a high tolerance when it comes to losing it, but yesterday that tolerance was tested a number of times. "Sir? Sir? Could you please come closer? Yeah, don't worry that my hand is opened and swinging....just step closer. That's it." :headache: My favorite is when I called this older gentleman to confirm his appointment for Friday and he got mad because he didn't know he had an appointment. I was polite apologized that he didn't know (trying to disarm him and cool him down), but the whole time I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, we randomly pick patients and will make an appointment for them and not tell them." :confused3 Aaaaaannnnd I get to go back today. Oh, and still no offer from work. I just hope I didn't jinx myself when I said something. Well, that's all I've got. Have a good day, guys.

Not chicken... addict.
I'm completely addicted to pay-checks.

:laughing: I'll give you that.

Morning, all.

My favorite is when I called this older gentleman to confirm his appointment for Friday and he got mad because he didn't know he had an appointment. I was polite apologized that he didn't know (trying to disarm him and cool him down), but the whole time I was thinking to myself, "Yeah, we randomly pick patients and will make an appointment for them and not tell them."
Doc beat me to the punch.
Word for word was gonna say "I knew it!"

My fave is my dentist though. When checkup time rolls around, they call to remind me of my appointment and when I call back (or answer) to confirm, they tell me that I have to make a new appointment. It's like the appointment that I made is only a reminder for them to call so that I can make a "real" appointment.

Excuses, excuses.
Anyone else not buying this??

Ok, fine. A colleague went on vacation this week, so now I have two shovels to lean on. Keeps me occupied and away from the computer.

"Yeah, we randomly pick patients and will make an appointment for them and not tell them."

I used to get variations of this at work, being accused of creating projects to make it more inconvenient for travelers. I told them that our conspiracy meetings were on Thursday afternoons and they were welcome to stop by to see if they were being targeted.

I knew it!

Bet those auto warranty folks are right next door.

:lmao:

:rotfl2:

Afternoon Dads! Nice to see some of the "old timers" jump back in to the origins of this fine group. We've been helping around the kids house with everything from shopping to cleaning to cooking and obviously squeezing in some grandbaby time. Heading back home tomorrow. Stay safe out there and Bacon, Bourbon, Cigars and Mickey Bars!

Hello Gents,

I'm leaving for the World on Saturday but Vacay Mode has definately set in already. I have passed my projects at work on to my minions co-workers, so there really isn't much for me to do but watch the clock. The Better Half has a long list of things for me to do before we leave which I'm sure include laundry and house cleaning.

The biggest question is whether Southwest will actually get us there, or if we should just start walking to Florida. :confused3

Graphic1.png

Lady K is just on her way to have a quick chat with you mate.

You have one of those "protectors" they wear in baseball? ;) :scared1:
I did not realize Lady K was in HR, but I still stand by my statement...the HR dept in the hiring process is horribly slow. If hers is not, then it is the exception, not the norm.

I'm ready with my umpiring gear. Mask, chest protector, shin guards, steel toed shoes and most importantly, my cup.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter