• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

'Morning all...
Lot of chatter across the weekend I see.

Cheers boys. Was at my wits end yesterday trying to get round the administrative fuster cluck that is the NHS.
Try dealing with our version of the critter...

Got to think that a bit of frustration is better then frustration combined with debt.

I think I'll take a nap.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn...
That's our leader...

Good that you're back home and mending.
May that continue to progress quickly.

It was the Barton 1792 distillery, which isn't my brand. However, it could impact the whole supply / availability thing.
Saw the pictures of the collapse.
Sad...

looked to me like most of the barrels were still intact though, so I suspect that they'll be able to salvage a great number of them.

Unfortunately she will be skipping the marathon this year.
A choice between running twenty-six miles at O-Dark-30 in January or heading out for a dream-job in Hawaii...
Yeah, that must have been a tough choice.

No, but mayonnaise on Frites is worthy of invasion. Friggin' weirdos.
Why don't they act like normal people and use ketchup, or put some cheese curds and gravy on them bad boys?
A number of years back, I'd have agreed with this.
But now the only condiment that I rarely ever use on any variety of potato would be the ketchup.
(For that matter, I now rarely use ketchup for any purpose.)

(not really, as a soft shandy drinking southern liberal europhile, I use mayo on frites all the time, it's delicious)
I've had a similar sentences used to describe me...
Although "southern" come with a different set of assumptions over here
(and for me you'd have to replace the shandies with porters)

Friggin' weirdo.
Isn't that just about the highest compliment anyone can pay to another person?

More good news today, my op is scheduled for midday tomorrow.
May your doctors and their staffs do the best work of their lives.
Heal up quickly.

Now if you’ll excuse me gents, I’m going to aim to see the back of my beer fridge by 7.
Always good to have goals in life.

They grow up so fast.
My youngest, prom day/grad.

f7c3f6b8-df0e-48e1-a8b2-d5858e7cce57-jpeg.332255
Congrats to the young'en.

Congrats and condolences to the parents (it most certainly does happen all too fast).

Got home Thursday. Did well with the physical therapy (PT) while at the hospital. Surgery was a success, before surgery I was only able walk 5 minutes before my legs would go numb. I was told that I may not see any improvements for weeks or even months. It dawned on me while walking with the PT nurse that we had been walking for longer than 5 min and I wasn't numb at all. They kept me in the hospital longer because I had a lot of discharge, so Thursday morning came and the doctor said I could go home. He said he would be up about 4 pm to button me up and to have Jodi there so we could discuss home care. He left and about 10 min later I put my brace on to take a walk, I hadn't used the walker since Tuesday, so I didn't use it then. I headed out to the hallway and started down the hall, when I see my doctor at a work station. I breeze pass him, said good morning to him again only to see a look of shock on his face. I continued my walk to the end of the hallway turned around and came back. When I passed him again he had a big grin on his face and told me I was doing ready great. I got back to my room took off my brace and sat in my chair just as the doctor ran into my room to tell me he would be back up at noon to get me buttoned up and to get me on my way home. I did have a setback at home and need to use the walker again, but as of this morning I am once again walker free. I am still mind numb from all the drugs, and just typing this has taken me longer than it should have, so if anyone wants to update the crew on the Facebook feel free to do so. As for me, I think I'll take a nap.

Hey you kids, get off my lawn...

Good to hear from you, Randall! Hope you continue to heal.

More good news today, my op is scheduled for midday tomorrow.

Now if you’ll excuse me gents, I’m going to aim to see the back of my beer fridge by 7.

Good luck! May all your dreams come true.

They grow up so fast.
My youngest, prom day/grad.

How does this keep happening??

Congratulations pkondz!

Congrats to the young'en.

Congrats and condolences to the parents (it most certainly does happen all too fast).

Thanks guys.

How does this keep happening??

I don't know! It's not my doing.

Got a little feisty at the end of the Portugal/Iran. The ref should be shot.

Oh, really? I'll have to check out the highlights when I get a chance. Not sure when that is.

Morning boys from the deck in the garden in a 31c London. I see a cheeky Toasted Bacon and Egg sandwich from the cafe in my immediate future.

Good Luck Dan! May your Doctor's hand be steady and the nurses are pretty!
Wondering how Dan is doing.
Good luck! May all your dreams come true.
May your doctors and their staffs do the best work of their lives.
Heal up quickly.
Cheers boys. The op went well, the hopefully good news is there was still a small amount of my Achilles attached, which means the heal time is potentially a little bit quicker. The quack said if they had picked that up, they may not have operated, but I wanted it done, so that's a cheeky bonus. The other thing to cling to is they said I may be out of the boot in 6 weeks, which would before before we travel, which would be awesome.
You do think some pretty dark things though as you lay on the table in theatre.

Isn't that just about the highest compliment anyone can pay to another person?
That's how I took it.
I've had a similar sentences used to describe me...
Although "southern" come with a different set of assumptions over here
(and for me you'd have to replace the shandies with porters)
Yeah, the North/South thing is the reverse to ours over your side of the pond.

Have a great day fellas, may your coffee be hot and your bacon be crispy.

Cheers boys. The op went well, the hopefully good news is there was still a small amount of my Achilles attached, which means the heal time is potentially a little bit quicker. The quack said if they had picked that up, they may not have operated, but I wanted it done, so that's a cheeky bonus. The other thing to cling to is they said I may be out of the boot in 6 weeks, which would before before we travel, which would be awesome.
You do think some pretty dark things though as you lay on the table in theatre.

That is good news. Follow what the quack says and heal up quickly.

The op went well, the hopefully good news is there was still a small amount of my Achilles attached, which means the heal time is potentially a little bit quicker.

Good news!

The other thing to cling to is they said I may be out of the boot in 6 weeks, which would before before we travel, which would be awesome.

Even better news.

Time to buy a lottery ticket.

View attachment 332542 The boy has a field trip today to a Victorian school in the East End, about a mile from where I lived. So we sent him in as a street urchin......

:laughing: Not bad.

All the best to Dan today, hoping everything goes well with his surgery. With all the celebrating he did yesterday with the England win, he might not need any anesthesia
Cheers Mikey. I was lying on the table and the anathesiologist tried 6 times to put a needle in my knee to deaden the nerves when I came round. He kept arsing it up, so I told him to leave it, as I have a beer jacket on from the night before. He just sat there chuckling to himself and said "Engleeesh"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter