DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Been away for a few days and will go back and take a look. In the meantime, sincere congrats to you DDs' or DSs' teams if they won or condolences if they lost and may your evil bosses suffer. Busy couple of days. The Pirate Princess flew home from Hawaii sometime earlier in the week. Her plane to LA was delayed and she was concerned about catching the connecting flight. I stayed up to make sure she made it so I was up till 3 am my time. The flight was delayed at LAX so she was able to make it (her bag of course didn't). I was due to pick her up at MIA at 8:30 am. Went to bed and of course the mutt I did not want saw a cat in the yard and went off at 5:30. The last couple of days were spent trying to get back into my already lousy sleep cycle. Saw a few of her pics yesterday (so I guess she landed on Monday) Some nice ones of turtles and of her snorkeling with Galapagos sharks. I'll post a few later.

Hope everything is going better than expected for everyone.

Hi guys, first time Dis Dads poster here (I just posted my into on the intro thread).
This has been a whirlwind year. We live about an hour and a half from Disneyland and we have gotten the Southern California passes a couple of times in the past. Last year we decided to get the Premier Passports so we could also go to Disney World. We went for 8 days in August/September and as soon as we got back, I started trying to figure out how we could go back one more time before the passes expired. We ended up going back for 5 days in January. We also made it to Disneyland about 30 times in the last year.
Sadly our passes just expired last week. In the past we have waited 2 years between passes, so that when we get them again and go back, everything is fresh. It's going to be a tough 2 years for me this time. Our son was really upset and was begging us to just renew anyway.
So now I have to live vicariously here through everyone else's trip reports. I've dusted off my notes from the September trip and have been updating it this week (link in my sig).
Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Normally CFS is breaded and pan fried, basically it's wiener schnitzel...
just adapted to what was on hand in Texas back when German immigrants arrived there.

Wow. I never thought of that.
Of course. Makes total sense.

The last couple of days were spent trying to get back into my already lousy sleep cycle.

I totally get it and sympathize.

Hi guys, first time Dis Dads poster here

:welcome: to the club Jason!
Our leader will be along shortly with the official welcome and number.
Others will fill you in on the dues.

We also made it to Disneyland about 30 times in the last year.

times.

:welcome: to the club Jason!
Our leader will be along shortly with the official welcome and number.
Others will fill you in on the dues.
Thanks!

times.
Yes. That's one of the reasons we don't have passes all the time. We tend to go pretty hard when we have them. Although most of those trips were half days. Not too many rope drop to park close trips in there (especially with an 8 year old).

The other reason is the price. Those passes are expensive!

Yeah, our language is as tricky as all those CanUadaUain Us.
Chicken fried chicken is taking a chicken breast, flatten in out, roll in batter, deep fat fry it, and cover it in milk gravy. Milk gravy is made by adding flour to liquid fat or lard, pouring in milk to get consistency, and add seasoning.
Chicken fried chicken is my favourite, it has great flavour and colour. :D

Normally CFS is breaded and pan fried, basically it's wiener schnitzel...
just adapted to what was on hand in Texas back when German immigrants arrived there.
I have only tried chicken fried steak once, and that was at T-Rex cafe. I was not a fan, but perhaps that was not the best place to give it a try.

Your DW and mine must be related.
I think they all get the same manual at some point when men are not around. Too many similarities to be a coincidence...

Good morning all. Wednesday brings teenage drama. My oldest dd is doing the rebel thing and doesn't want to make her bed. So, I told her that if she doesn't make her bed, then I don't drive her to swim practice and she'll have to ride her bike. She rode her bike. It is less than 2 miles away. So, let's see if this is a parenting success or fail. Any oddsmakers?
I think us dads have to stick together, so we'll call it a success.

Hi guys, first time Dis Dads poster here (I just posted my into on the intro thread).
:welcome: to the club! I'll have to check out your WDW TR. Looks like you enjoy Disneyland. I've never been, but it's on the bucket list.

This has been a whirlwind year. We live about an hour and a half from Disneyland and we have gotten the Southern California passes a couple of times in the past. Last year we decided to get the Premier Passports so we could also go to Disney World. We went for 8 days in August/September and as soon as we got back, I started trying to figure out how we could go back one more time before the passes expired. We ended up going back for 5 days in January. We also made it to Disneyland about 30 times in the last year.
Sadly our passes just expired last week. In the past we have waited 2 years between passes, so that when we get them again and go back, everything is fresh. It's going to be a tough 2 years for me this time. Our son was really upset and was begging us to just renew anyway.
So now I have to live vicariously here through everyone else's trip reports. I've dusted off my notes from the September trip and have been updating it this week (link in my sig).

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB Jason! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #822!

drippinwelcum.gif

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Welcome to one of the hangouts.

Happy Thursday Morning. I need to burn around 3 or 4 more vacation days this summer. I think I'll take next week off and enjoy the extra holiday.

Been away for a few days and will go back and take a look. In the meantime, sincere congrats to you DDs' or DSs' teams if they won or condolences if they lost and may your evil bosses suffer. Busy couple of days. The Pirate Princess flew home from Hawaii sometime earlier in the week. Her plane to LA was delayed and she was concerned about catching the connecting flight. I stayed up to make sure she made it so I was up till 3 am my time. The flight was delayed at LAX so she was able to make it (her bag of course didn't). I was due to pick her up at MIA at 8:30 am. Went to bed and of course the mutt I did not want saw a cat in the yard and went off at 5:30. The last couple of days were spent trying to get back into my already lousy sleep cycle. Saw a few of her pics yesterday (so I guess she landed on Monday) Some nice ones of turtles and of her snorkeling with Galapagos sharks. I'll post a few later.

Glad she made it back safely. Hope your sleep schedule gets back on course.

Welcome. Dues are payable in dole whips, bacon, beer, or cake. You mail 800+ to me and then I mail to all the guys. It's the best ponzi ever. :lmao:

We've never done APs, but plan to one of these years. We hope to retire to Florida and go more frequently.

Chicken fried chicken is my favourite, it has great flavour and colour. :D

I have only tried chicken fried steak once, and that was at T-Rex cafe. I was not a fan, but perhaps that was not the best place to give it a try.

Too many Uuuuuus. :scared1::eek::scared1:

We've only been to T-Rex once and the food was ok. But, if you ever get to KY and find a restaurant that still uses lard to cook with, then you will get the true flavor. I like steak grilled or fried, but prefer the chicken fried chicken to the steak when prepared that way.

Last edited:

Looking forward to seeing some of those pictures.

Getting ready to make the final payment for our August trip. Saved a ton of money(well 5%), by buying gift cards from Sam's and using those for the trip. Bought extras to give to the kids for them to by stuff.

It's July Friday! Last day of June today.

Happy Friday Eve gentlemen! Crazy busy work wise and on the home front. Up at 5:00 to get ADRs for Christmas / New Years trip - PIMA. Park hours are a mess still - HS closing at 8:00 every night and no SW Fireworks? Even better AK closing every night at 5:00? Many places at EPCOT for NYE do not have dinner times with latest dinner windows at 4:30 or 5:00?!?!?!?! Booked some things but not happy with times so gonna have watch as things flush out. Sorry, but if you don't book at 180 days for this time of the year trip you ain't getting anything but then they dont have full schedules and times established - rant over but Disney's performance with park hours and schedules was a mess on my trip with DS and now this.

Glad she made it home safe. Couple of bourbons before bed maybe?

I think they all get the same manual at some point when men are not around. Too many similarities to be a coincidence...
I concour - keep asking DW where was I when DD was sent away to learn the ways ............................

Afternoon gents.
After a crappy night (literally. I shan't say more.) I got to sleep in 'til.... 10:15am! Woot!
Relaxed a bit. Ran a few errands. Now at work.
Still. Pretty happy that I got to sleep in.
First time since...... the 80s?

That would explain it.

Afternoon gents.
After a crappy night (literally. I shan't say more.) I got to sleep in 'til.... 10:15am! Woot!

That would explain it.
Sleeping in rocks. My youngest still likes to climb in bed with the wife and I at night. She likes to attach herself to me, usually using a knee to the back or a foot to the head to let me know she is sleeping soundly in bed with my wife and I.

Usually I move to the couch after the first Kidney kick, or boot to the head. :)

But I love my daughter, so if she wants to climb into bed with us in the middle of the night, I let her.

Also - Happy Friday!

Good morning Dads! Happy Canada Day to @pkondz @declansdad and any other Canadian Dads reading along!

canada day.jpg

If you'll indulge me, may I also take a moment of reflection since July 1st is both Canada Day and also Memorial Day here in my province of Newfoundland. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the battle of Beaumont-Hamel. Back during the First World War, Newfoundland was actually not part of Canada but was a British colony and it's own country. The Royal Newfoundland Regiment fought with the British and Canadians in France. On July 1, 1916, as part of the Battle of the Somme, 780 Newfoundlanders were sent into German territory at Beaumont-Hamel, France in a battle that lasted only 30 minutes. Only 68 men answered roll call the next day. It basically wiped out a generation of young men from this province and it is still remembered to this day. There's you're history lesson for today :)

royal nfld.png

So today is a bit of a strange one around here. Remembrance in the morning, celebration in the afternoon. I hope you all have a good one!

Good morning and Happy Friday. Nothing to do at the office today, so I'm going to re-work the family budget at midway point during the year. Then, youngest dd has a sleepover tonite for her birthday. But, at least it is a three day weekend.

Happy Friday Eve gentlemen! Crazy busy work wise and on the home front. Up at 5:00 to get ADRs for Christmas / New Years trip - PIMA. Park hours are a mess still - HS closing at 8:00 every night and no SW Fireworks? Even better AK closing every night at 5:00? Many places at EPCOT for NYE do not have dinner times with latest dinner windows at 4:30 or 5:00?!?!?!?! Booked some things but not happy with times so gonna have watch as things flush out. Sorry, but if you don't book at 180 days for this time of the year trip you ain't getting anything but then they dont have full schedules and times established - rant over but Disney's performance with park hours and schedules was a mess on my trip with DS and now this.

Never been during Christmas and New year, and really don't plan to. I'd like to do a MVMCP two weeks before, but that is it. Hope something opens up for you.

Afternoon gents.

I can't sleep in anymore. Even on the weekends when nothing is scheduled, I'll wake up at my usual 6:00 AM. :eek:

Sleeping in rocks. My youngest still likes to climb in bed with the wife and I at night. She likes to attach herself to me, usually using a knee to the back or a foot to the head to let me know she is sleeping soundly in bed with my wife and I.

Usually I move to the couch after the first Kidney kick, or boot to the head. :)

But I love my daughter, so if she wants to climb into bed with us in the middle of the night, I let her.
!

I remember those days. And, if 12 year old had her way, she would still sleep in our bed. :lmao: That was a habit we thankfully broke quickly.

Good morning Dads! Happy Canada Day and any other Canadian Dads reading along!

View attachment 178541
!

Thanks for the history lesson, and certainly a day to remember those who sacrificed their lives for our way of life.

'Morning all...
Had to break down and come back home last night. DW had to work today, but...
I at least have today off form work. Win!! so I spent this morning paying the bills. Not a Win!!
I do get Monday off for the 4th, Win!!, but I have to work a bit on Sunday, oh, and Monday morning even though I'm "on holiday", oh, and be in the office at 6am Tuesday...
So much for wins...

But then again, DS will be home from school this afternoon, which will make his Momma one very happy camper
Happy wife... yeah, that's a win.

That's a lot of Dis Time...
I do believe you qualify.

Welcome to our little club, we're glad to have you along.

Wow. I never thought of that.
Of course. Makes total sense.
Yep.
Same reason that any self respecting Texas BBQ joint will toss sausages onto the smokers alongside all that brisket.

T-Rex might not have been the optimal introduction...
The best versions tend to show up at little hole-in-the-wall Mom and Pop dinners.

Happy Thursday Morning. I need to burn around 3 or 4 more vacation days this summer. I think I'll take next week off and enjoy the extra holiday.
Ahhhhh, the life of Norm.

You, by far have the crappiest work schedule I've ever come across.
As for the crappy night...
it's a bit like watching train wrecks.
I know I shouldn't ask for details, but it's almost irresistible not to do so.

Good morning Dads! Happy Canada Day to @pkondz @declansdad and any other Canadian Dads reading along!

canada-day-jpg.178541
And a happy Canada Day to all of our friends up that way.
Enjoy the day gents.

If you'll indulge me, may I also take a moment of reflection since July 1st is both Canada Day and also Memorial Day here in my province of Newfoundland. This year marks the 100th anniversary of the battle of Beaumont-Hamel. Back during the First World War, Newfoundland was actually not part of Canada but was a British colony and it's own country. The Royal Newfoundland Regiment fought with the British and Canadians in France. On July 1, 1916, as part of the Battle of the Somme, 780 Newfoundlanders were sent into German territory at Beaumont-Hamel, France in a battle that lasted only 30 minutes. Only 68 men answered roll call the next day. It basically wiped out a generation of young men from this province and it is still remembered to this day. There's you're history lesson for today :)
I knew that today marked the century for the Somme, but not of this particular aspect of the overall offensive.
Thanks for the incite. Now if only we humans would actually learn from such hard lessons.

youngest dd has a sleepover tonite for her birthday. But, at least it is a three day weekend.
ead39000ac5fc0c491882bac991874c933fe8a1bc4ccf3225caf797db87376df.jpg

Happy Canada Day!

It truly is a holiday, got to sleep in to 10 am. No basketball this weekend, no need to go anywhere, just time to sit back and relax.

Have a good one!

c%20day_zpsy6zdwise.jpg

My youngest still likes to climb in bed with the wife and I at night. She likes to attach herself to me, usually using a knee to the back or a foot to the head to let me know she is sleeping soundly in bed with my wife and I.

Ah yes. I remember those days too.
Nowadays, the dogs try to do that.

Happy Canada Day to @pkondz @declansdad and any other Canadian Dads reading along!

Right back atcha! :goodvibes

On July 1, 1916, as part of the Battle of the Somme, 780 Newfoundlanders were sent into German territory at Beaumont-Hamel, France in a battle that lasted only 30 minutes. Only 68 men answered roll call the next day. It basically wiped out a generation of young men from this province and it is still remembered to this day.

Holy crap. I can't wrap my head around those numbers. Unbelievable.

I can't sleep in anymore. Even on the weekends when nothing is scheduled, I'll wake up at my usual 6:00 AM. :eek:

I'm usually like that.... but I hit the wall I think.

You, by far have the crappiest work schedule I've ever come across.

It's actually supposed to be not that bad.
Just with being shortstaffed right now, there's too much overtime.

As for the crappy night...
it's a bit like watching train wrecks.
I know I shouldn't ask for details, but it's almost irresistible not to do so.

Next time I'll take pictures and PM them to you!

And a happy Canada Day to all of our friends up that way.

Thanks! :)

Top O the Morning Dads and a Happy Canada Day to Dads from the north! DS architecture projects did not make it to semi-finals, minimum he wanted to accomplish, which both he, his team and teachers thought was a no brainer after seeing other entry's. Talked to him last night and you could hear his disappointment and then out right p offed talking about some of ones that made semi-finals. I told him that to get this far is still an accomplishment and you don't always win and that I was still super proud of him and the work he put into it this year. Also told to get the names of the kids that advanced beyond him so he could send them his Disney Imagineering business card down the road :)
'Morning all...
Had to break down and come back home last night. DW had to work today, but...
I at least have today off form work. Win!! so I spent this morning paying the bills. Not a Win!!
I do get Monday off for the 4th, Win!!, but I have to work a bit on Sunday, oh, and Monday morning even though I'm "on holiday", oh, and be in the office at 6am Tuesday...
So much for wins...

But then again, DS will be home from school this afternoon, which will make his Momma one very happy camper
Happy wife... yeah, that's a win.
Good to hear DS is coming to see you. To help make you feel better, in office today, loose, start my 23 hour total travel time to Australia tonight at 5:00 p.m., loose, spend 4th of July weekend on business trip dealing with 15 hour ahead time change, loose. On the Win side, July 15th family all together for DCL cruise so not all bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter