DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

We take a similar route out of NW New Jersey, although we drop south in Eastern PA to pick up 78 West and get on 81 east of Harrisburg. As to things to see, there are some civil war battlefields if you like that sort of thing, South of the Border, which i'm sure you're familiar with. I've always wanted to stop at the Harbor Freight warehouse, but there wouldn't be enough room in the jeep for all that. Of course, there is that adult book store in GA, but........

It's been snowing since this afternoon. I am so fed up with this friggin' winter. I can't get out of this place fast enough. New Jersey is not supposed to have six months of winter. I leave that to our Canadian neighbors.

Just checked. Snow pretty much gone now except for a few banks still melting. Might see some Saturday I hear but
Well gladly send it south.

Afwdwfan - if you do decide to play C of C you should definitely look us up. I think that 3-4 of the disdads are already members of the clan. It's all good fun and relatively addicting to play.
well I started playing and just got to the point I can join a clan. Looks like there are several Disneyworld clans. Not sure which one you guys are in. I'm playing as disdad460

I took them at one point. I probably deleted them. They are good. The only trick is to watch how thick you wrap the bundles. Too much bacon will result in it not being cooked. It's more work, but I'll cut bacon in half and roll 3 or 4 beans. I've also fried the bacon a few minutes each side before rolling.

I lied. The picture link was right next tot he link to the recipe. i apparently missed that when I looked the first time. They are in my culinary queue. Might even make them for Easter for an app.

Morning Gents!

Last day in the office for a bit. Leaving Sunday for Florida, looking forward to being in a place with no snow.

well I started playing and just got to the point I can join a clan. Looks like there are several Disneyworld clans. Not sure which one you guys are in. I'm playing as disdad460
Look for the "Disneyworld" clan where the description starts with "Fans of Disneyworld unite". It should show that we've won 26 wars and that Sir Brazenbull and wlong are our co-leaders.

I'd look you up for an invite but I don't think that you can search players out individually.

Look for the "Disneyworld" clan where the description starts with "Fans of Disneyworld unite". It should show that we've won 26 wars and that Sir Brazenbull and wlong are our co-leaders.

I'd look you up for an invite but I don't think that you can search players out individually.
Thanks. Join request sent. I think.

If it is the same route as last time we will follow the 95 north as far as Fredericksburg and then go west until we hit the 81. Follow that north through Pennsylvania before heading east again around Scranton on the 84. We pick the 95 up again in Mass.

Well…
Aside from the dozens of truly legitimate sites and experiences available in St Augustine, St Simon & Jekyll Islands, Savannah, Charleston, Richmond/Central Virginia, Hartford, Boston and Portland

You might consider some of these distractions that are fairly close to your roads of travel as you’re headed north…

In Florida

A Life-Size Steel Replica Of The First Airplane
600 S. Clyde Morris Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL

The Ruins of Bongoland (at Sugar Mill Gardens)
950 Old Sugar Mill Rd, Port Orange, FL (just south of Daytona)

The Second Tallest Lighthouse in US
4931 S. Peninsula Drive, Ponce Inlet, FL

Castle Otttis
A1A Coastal Hwy, St. Augustine, FL

A House inside a Redwood Log
19 San Marco Ave, St. Augustine, FL

A Large Floating Rubber Duck
1 University of North Florida Drive, Jacksonville, FL (off I-295E)

Tow Mater Replica
551508 US Hwy 1, Hilliard, FL

In Georgia

Submarine on Land (USS George Bancroft)
Kingsbay Rd, St. Marys, GA
(or maybe you can just meet up with DisneyFed, he lives here)

Forrest Gump's Bench (the prop from the film) at the Savannah History Museum
303 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Savannah, GA

Where Forrest Gump Sat (the site where it was filmed)
W. Hull St, Savannah, GA

Antique Police Cars (several maintained and kept parked outside a local police station)
201 Habersham Street, Savannah, GA

In South Carolina

Nothing.
***There is much to see in SC, but not along I-95, with two iffy exceptions…

UFO Welcome Center
4004 Homestead Rd, Bowman, SC

Atom Bomb Fragments at the Florence Museum of Art, Science, and History
- Pieces of the device the USAF actually dropped on South Carolina (you can go see the crater as well)
111 W. Cheves St, Florence, SC

In North Carolina

Nothing.
***Like SC the purpose of I-95 in NC is to get you from one boarder to the next.
There is much farther afield, but those would require extensive detours

In Virginia

Luray Caverns
970 US Hwy 211 W, Luray, VA

Dinosaur Land
3848 Stonewall Jackson Hwy, White Post, VA

In West Virginia
***I know, this is actually a bit of a detour off of I-81, but it’s also one of the few truly legitimate “sites” in this list…

Cass Scenic Railroad State Park
242 Main St, Cass, WV

In Pennsylvania

AACA Museum and Museum of Bus Transportation
Antique Automobile Club of America
161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA

Hershey's Chocolate Factory Tour
251 Park Blvd, Hershey, PA

In New York

Motorcyclepedia (museum and collection)
250 Lake St, Newburgh, NY

Largest Indoor Buddha in the Western Hemisphere
2020 Route 301, Carmel, NY

In Connecticut

Lake Compounce Amusement Park
(America's oldest amusement park & another legitimate site to see)
822 Lake Ave, Bristol, CT

New England Carousel Museum
95 Riverside Ave, Bristol, CT

American Clock and Watch Museum
100 Maple St, Bristol, CT

Museum of Natural and Other Curiosities
800 Main St Hartford, CT

Trash Museum
211 Murphy Rd, Hartford, CT

In Massachusetts

*** Not much, you’re too close too many actual significant and historical sites on this leg of the trip.
Well.. Maybe there’s these:

Salem Witch Museum
19 1/2 Washington Square, Salem, MA

Or the entire town of Salem, MA

In New Hampshire

The Submarine in a Ditch (USS Albacore)
600 Market St, Portsmouth, NH

And last but not least…
In Maine

Wiggly Bridge (World's Smallest Suspension Bridge)
Lilac Lane, York, ME

International Cryptozoology Museum
11 Avon St, Portland, ME

Moxie Museum (Run by the Moxie Congress, loyal champions of a niche soft drink)
2 Main St, Lisbon Falls, ME

Stephen King's House
W. Broadway, Bangor, ME

Just a few thought...

Yummy and Brussels Sprouts should not be used in the same sentence unless it is "I ate something yummy, unlike Brussels Sprouts."

This. Sounds like Man Law material to me.

Is there anywhere interesting to stop?

If it is the same route as last time we will follow the 95 north as far as Fredericksburg and then go west until we hit the 81. Follow that north through Pennsylvania before heading east again around Scranton on the 84. We pick the 95 up again in Mass.

Looks like you're skipping Delaware. So no, there's nowhere interesting to stop. But have fun in Florida!

Afternoon guys, early lunch before the you know what hits the fan, traditionally it's one of our busiest days of the year.

Waiting for the Official word, but pretty sure I didn't get any of those positions available. Not particularly upset about it.

Well…
Aside from the dozens of truly legitimate sites and experiences available in St Augustine, St Simon & Jekyll Islands, Savannah, Charleston, Richmond/Central Virginia, Hartford, Boston and Portland

You might consider some of these distractions that are fairly close to your roads of travel as you’re headed north…

In Florida

Castle Otttis

Tow Mater Replica

In Georgia

W. Hull St, Savannah, GA

Antique Police Cars (several maintained and kept parked outside a local police station)

In South Carolina

Nothing.

UFO Welcome Center

- Pieces of the device the USAF actually dropped on South Carolina (you can go see the crater as well)

In North Carolina

Nothing.
***Like SC the purpose of I-95 in NC is to get you from one boarder to the next.

In Virginia

Luray Caverns

Dinosaur Land

In West Virginia
***I know, this is actually a bit of a detour off of I-81, but it’s also one of the few truly legitimate “sites” in this list…

242 Main St, Cass, WV

In Pennsylvania

In New York

In Connecticut

800 Main St Hartford, CT

Trash Museum

In Massachusetts

*** Not much, you’re too close too many actual significant and historical sites on this leg of the trip.

Salem Witch Museum

In New Hampshire

And last but not least…
In Maine

Lilac Lane, York, ME

11 Avon St, Portland, ME

Stephen King's House
W. Broadway, Bangor, ME

Just a few thought...

I think this post would make a splendid addition to the links of intrest in page one. Well have to give Randall a heads up whence he returns. We are only picking up the 95 in Georgia/Florida but will keep these in mind. We are going to go on the 77 both ways this year, we just love that route.

Well…

In Florida

Castle Otttis

Tow Mater Replica

In Georgia

W. Hull St, Savannah, GA

In South Carolina

Nothing.

UFO Welcome Center

In North Carolina

Nothing.

In Virginia

Luray Caverns

Dinosaur Land

In West Virginia

242 Main St, Cass, WV

In Pennsylvania

In New York

In Connecticut

800 Main St Hartford, CT

Trash Museum

In Massachusetts

Salem Witch Museum

In New Hampshire

And last but not least…
In Maine

Lilac Lane, York, ME

11 Avon St, Portland, ME

Stephen King's House
W. Broadway, Bangor, ME

Just a few thought...

Thanks for the list, we'll may have to check one or two of those places out.

Looks like you're skipping Delaware. So no, there's nowhere interesting to stop. But have fun in Florida!

I thought Delaware was a river one of your guys crossed? :lmao:

Last edited:
We take a similar route out of NW New Jersey, although we drop south in Eastern PA to pick up 78 West and get on 81 east of Harrisburg. As to things to see, there are some civil war battlefields if you like that sort of thing, South of the Border, which i'm sure you're familiar with. I've always wanted to stop at the Harbor Freight warehouse, but there wouldn't be enough room in the jeep for all that. Of course, there is that adult book store in GA, but........

Pretty hard to miss South of the Border, I think there are signs ever mile as you move north through the state.

I'll second it.

Afternoon guys, early lunch before the you know what hits the fan, traditionally it's one of our busiest days of the year.

Waiting for the Official word, but pretty sure I didn't get any of those positions available. Not particularly upset about it.

That stinks, but the attitude is good. Keep applying.

And may the work day be something more close to normal
(oh, who am I kidding, we're coming off of Lent. There's a lot of folks that will be making up for lost time)

I think this post would make a splendid addition to the links of intrest in page one. Well have to give Randall a heads up whence he returns. We are only picking up the 95 in Georgia/Florida but will keep these in mind. We are going to go on the 77 both ways this year, we just love that route.

Thanks, I was just having fun with that one actually.

I-77 you say... Hummm...
I live only three miles east of that particular bit of roadway just after you pass the welcome station at the NC/SC boarder. I'll have to toss out some other points of "interest" along that pathway for you.

Thanks for the list, we'll may have to check one or two of those places out.

You're quite welcome.
Had I known that you were actually paying attention though I might has added one or two more spots of legitimate interest into the mix. :lmao:

May have to think about that for a bit.

Pretty hard to miss South of the Border, I think there are signs ever mile as you move north through the state.

Yep... that pretty much explaines it.
It's unfortunate that nuclear device didn't land a bit to the northwest, closer to "Pedro" there.

Afternoon Dads and very Happy Easter weekend to everyone!
Morning Gents!

Last day in the office for a bit. Leaving Sunday for Florida, looking forward to being in a place with no snow.
Safe travels and enjoy the warm weather and family

I am stopping off at a beverage store myself on way home tonight to fill up jug with draft Kentucky Bourbon Ale and a bottle of Makers 46 for the weekend of entertaining. Hang in there about the new opportunity - never know.

I just downloaded the app to my phone and will add it to my tablet. I'll jump in after I get acclimated.

Happy rainy Thursday evening. Most all outdoor sports cancelled. Still sore from tennis last night. I am off work for the next week.

Just checked. Snow pretty much gone now except for a few banks still melting. Might see some Saturday I hear but
Well gladly send it south.

Nope. Keep your snow to yourself.

I lied. The picture link was right next tot he link to the recipe. i apparently missed that when I looked the first time. They are in my culinary queue. Might even make them for Easter for an app.

Glad to know they are still there. Also, don't drown them in marinade or they won't cook as well. Let me know how they turn out if you do them.

Morning Gents!

I'm off next week too. Have room for me?

That was a lot of work. Good info.

!

Second. Brussel sprouts stink.

Gonna have sonny stamp the form? Been there. Now, I don't even get the meeting - just the rejection stamp.

I am stopping off at a beverage store myself on way home tonight to fill up jug with draft Kentucky Bourbon Ale and a bottle of Makers 46 for the weekend of entertaining. Hang in there about the new opportunity - never know.

Sounds good. I was thinking some Four Roses bourbon sounded good for the weekend. I still need to get to the liquor store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter