DDC XXXIII: Bad Idea Factory!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Magic Bands have arrived:

magicbands2014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congrat's on your BAM!

Trying a vintage lager from a place called Hogsback Brewing Company; I figure it has to be good.

Trying a vintage lager from a place called Hogsback Brewing Company; I figure it has to be good.

Hit and miss as far as reviews go. I stock it, but it doesn't really fly off the shelf. Craft lagers aren't as big selling as ales go. Careful tjough, it's a Toronto brew.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey Brett! Glad it went well, prayers for a quick recovery.

So you are not doing any squats today? :lmao:

Glad to hear it went well.

Glad it went well. I hope you're still feeling ok when the drugs wear off. :thumbsup2

Good luck! Need good leg/knees for all that Disney walking!

Sweet :thumbsup2
I'd milk it through the weekend :thumbsup2

Glad it went well. :thumbsup2

Glad you're feeling alright.. Keep requesting italian ice. :coffee:

Hang in their Bubba. If pain prescriptions were ordered, make full use of them.

Thanks, guys. So far so good.
Def felt the pain after the good stuff wore off. DW spoke with my surgeon and it said it was easy and everything looks great. Actual surgery time was < 15 minutes :crazy2:

I absolutely will be milking this! My DW hasn;t been this nice to me since before we were married. :rotfl:

Glad to hear it well. Prayers for a quick recovery. What time frame are you looking at?

Recovery should be pretty quick. I go to see the surgeon in 12 days. I am actually starting my knee exercises tomorrow. THAT'S when I expect that I'll be needing the Percocet.

When i asked about doing the obstacle race 5Ks, the PA told me that I shouldn't do any in the summer, but I'd prob be okay by Fall.

Recovery should be pretty quick. I go to see the surgeon in 12 days. I am actually starting my knee exercises tomorrow. THAT'S when I expect that I'll be needing the Percocet.

When i asked about doing the obstacle race 5Ks, the PA told me that I shouldn't do any in the summer, but I'd prob be okay by Fall.

That's a great turnaround time. I'll be happy to take some of that Percocet for you. Like really - RIGHT NOW!

Funny thing about playing a tennis tournament. If you win a match, then you have to play another match. Go figure. So, there was the open (conceivably that Nadal could sign up), my level (4.0), and then the hackers. Somehow, the pros missed this tournament on the way to US Open. :lmao:

I won both my matches today (2/3 sets each) and have the singles finals on Sunday. I am either better than I thought, or everyone just felt really bad for me. I've got my feet in ice water baths and my knees wrapped in ice. How many ibuprofen can I take before my liver shuts down? I get to play doubles with the hackers tomorrow and then the singles championship final Sunday.

Ths exercise stuff sucks.

Hit and miss as far as reviews go. I stock it, but it doesn't really fly off the shelf. Craft lagers aren't as big selling as ales go. Careful tjough, it's a Toronto brew.

It wasn't bad but nothing spectacular. They are sneaking though, the can says Ottawa. :lmao:

Tried another lager called Rock Cut as well. Again it was good but not enough to say I have to have this all the time.

That's a great turnaround time. I'll be happy to take some of that Percocet for you. Like really - RIGHT NOW!

Funny thing about playing a tennis tournament. If you win a match, then you have to play another match. Go figure. So, there was the open (conceivably that Nadal could sign up), my level (4.0), and then the hackers. Somehow, the pros missed this tournament on the way to US Open. :lmao:

I won both my matches today (2/3 sets each) and have the singles finals on Sunday. I am either better than I thought, or everyone just felt really bad for me. I've got my feet in ice water baths and my knees wrapped in ice. How many ibuprofen can I take before my liver shuts down? I get to play doubles with the hackers tomorrow and then the singles championship final Sunday.

Well done. Keep it up and you will have Venus worried. ;) :rotfl2:

Good to hear you won't be laid up long.

Enjoy the attention on the weekend, maybe through Monday.

Morning Guys.

Hope you all have a great Saturday. We get another day to watch our son play soccer. Unfortunately it is another road game, don't these kids ever play here!

That's a great turnaround time. I'll be happy to take some of that Percocet for you. Like really - RIGHT NOW! Funny thing about playing a tennis tournament. If you win a match, then you have to play another match. Go figure. So, there was the open (conceivably that Nadal could sign up), my level (4.0), and then the hackers. Somehow, the pros missed this tournament on the way to US Open. :lmao: I won both my matches today (2/3 sets each) and have the singles finals on Sunday. I am either better than I thought, or everyone just felt really bad for me. I've got my feet in ice water baths and my knees wrapped in ice. How many ibuprofen can I take before my liver shuts down? I get to play doubles with the hackers tomorrow and then the singles championship final Sunday. Ths exercise stuff sucks.

Might as well fill the tub with ice, put beer in there with you and drink until the swelling goes down or you don't feel anything!

Morning guys

Might as well fill the tub with ice, put beer in there with you and drink until the swelling goes down or you don't feel anything!

Morning guys

That's what I call thinking outside the box, well done!

You should get in to coaching.

Morning all. I've got a really bad idea. Don't exercise for around 20 years and then go play 3.5 hours of tennis. :crazy2:

Well done. Keep it up and you will have Venus worried. ;) :rotfl2:

You're way off. Venus is already worried about how pretty I am. Good luck to Declan today.

Brilliant idea. I'll be drunk, pain free, or dead. Any of the above is looking up this morning. :lmao:

Morning guys. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Unpacking and organizing more today... Hopefully we'll be fully functional in the house within a couple weeks...

Wishing you a speedy recovery Brett! But enjoy the down time while you have it, you'll be hurting soon enough when football season starts. :)

Congratulations Ol' Man! :thumbsup2

Morning guys

Around here, we call that Tuesday. :lmao:

Good luck and kick some butt! Your body heals much faster after a win!

Afternoon. Vacation can't be all fun and games. Getting laundry done and going to pack and clean afterwards. If all goes well we will sneak off to the pool for the evening.

It wasn't bad but nothing spectacular. They are sneaking though, the can says Ottawa. :lmao: Tried another lager called Rock Cut as well. Again it was good but not enough to say I have to have this all the time. :

You know I think I keep screwing that up and I think you are right, I guess I keep the old Toronto nickname of Hogtown in my head. Rock cut is Lake of Bays, where I'll be close to tomorrow. It's the better of their lagers, their Top Shelf is anything but. At least you have a pretty damn good craft selection, funny that they are all Ontario? Mill Street products are top notch if they are available ( they brew out of both Toronto and Ottawa )

This exercise stuff sucks.
Congrats. On the bright side...
1. You're winning.
2. The exercise that you're getting is playing a sport you enjoy, That type of exercise is MUCH more enjoyable than the exercise video, running type!:rotfl:

On a serious note, careful with the ibuprofen. It's worse on your liver\kidneys than alcohol! :crazy2:

Good to hear you won't be laid up long.
Enjoy the attention on the weekend, maybe through Monday.
I'm def taking advantage. But I'm also suffering from cabin fever at the same time, Ugh. DW and youngest DD are at our friends luau for a while, so my oldest and I are chilling here. My oldest is supposed to be baby-sitting me.
Nice.quiet.evening.
Which I'm completely cool with. :thumbsup2

Wishing you a speedy recovery Brett! But enjoy the down time while you have it, you'll be hurting soon enough when football season starts. :)
Thanks, Randall. I see what you did there. :lmao:
I'll be at WDW for the SNF game (Nov. 2nd) between our teams. I'm still determining where I'm going to watch the game.

What kind of surgery... Glad to hear it went well!!
Short answer: arthroscopy to clean up meniscus and scar tissue.
Long answer: Hurt my knee skiing in January. Saw ortho (and my chiropractor) and it was diagnosed as a sprin b\c of the knee's stability. Was getting better but certain movements still were excruciating. So went to see Ortho again in June and they set me up for an MRI. Found out that my acl was torn. But given how my knee was progressing and how stable it was, they didn't want to do reconstructive. So they cleaned it up, from their perspective, perfectly. So with the meniscus and scar tissue fixed, I should get my range of motion back without pain. So I'm all fired up to rehab it. Right now it looks like a grapefruit! But I took my dog for a walk today and chatted with some neighbors. I'm going to try some exercises tonight and then probably indulge in some Percocets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter