DDC XXI - Passing Time Until Our Next Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got back from The Dark Night Rises about an hour ago. A good film but one terribly disturbing part in the previews. This isn't really a spoiler so keep reading. There is a movie coming out (the name escapes me) about Mcikey Cohen. He was a big-time gangster in the '30s in L.A. Movie will have Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Nick Nolte, Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling and others. Well there was one part in the trailer where the bad guys get up in a movie theatre behind the screens where the crowd can't see them and open fire through the screen on a theatre full of people. Very unsettling to see that. A bunch of us just looked at each other. In all fairness, I guess they couldn't pull that trailer in time. But I'll bet anything it will be gone from theatres soon and that scene in the movie will probably be replaced.

Looks like they're moving quickly to take that trailer out. The following is from an article on ign.

Warner Bros. is pulling the trailer for its upcoming release Gangster Squad from theaters following today's shooting massacre in Colorado because the trailer features a sequence where gunmen open fire in a movie theater, killing audience members.

The trailer is playing before some prints of The Dark Knight Rises, another Warners movie and the film playing when the massacre occurred.

"A spokeswoman for Warner Bros. could not say whether the trailer will be re-cut to eliminate the offending footage," according to TheWrap. "Though the trailer had run prior to screenings of The Dark Knight Rises, it did not play before the Aurora screening."

Snuck this one in on me.

Nice job on the new digs... :thumbsup2

but, I'll have to come back later and read up, because they picked this very moment to toss more work on my desk. :mad:

So long everyone. Time to duck out of work early and finish packing. Tomorrow I drive 10 hours to my in-laws' family compound in exotic Watertown, NY. With a possible side-tirp to.....CANADA!

New Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, lots of space in this new place. I'll still be the low poster, but a boy can dream . . . .

Found it, But didnt know we were done with the old thread, thought we had to get to 250 or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter