My first picture post for this thread... brought to you by the letter

A

for Aulani

Let's keep this going...

B

is for Beverly

Beverly2.jpg

FED!

OK - now that I have your attention....I need your advise/ruling on a matter.

Today - my DW was parked in a parking lot (I know right?) and she got in her car and was pulling out of the spot to leave. Well, all of the sudden, the woman parked next to her on the passenger side says to "Stop, you've got my door!"

Turns out, the woman in the vehicle next to her was getting something out of her back seat and had her door open wide enough to touch our car. As my wife was pulling out, her door proceeded to scoot along the side of our car and eventually, chipped the paint on the edge of her door.

Our car is fine....just some paint residue that is easily buffed out.

Immediately after my wife got out of her car, this woman proceeded to say that "This has to be fixed". Saying it in a very cross type of way.

My DW was visiting a school for her job (she helps a student there) and this woman, who is also a teacher in the building, didn't know my DW.

Anyway - long story short - this woman is totally blaming my DW for the whole thing and is acting as if we should pay for her door repair.

No police report was filed as the damage should be less than whatever insurance deductible that either of us have.

Are we completely in the wrong or is this a matter of joint responsibility?

I know right??? What a screwed up day!

Your thoughts on the matter are appreciated!

Wow, shiny new thread! Hope everyone's been good. With the DIS slowness and with work being busy... Anyway, I'm here in spirit!

52 days to go!

FED!

Today - my DW was parked in a parking lot (I know right?) and she got in her car and was pulling out of the spot to leave. Well, all of the sudden, the woman parked next to her on the passenger side says to "Stop, you've got my door!"

Turns out, the woman in the vehicle next to her was getting something out of her back seat and had her door open wide enough to touch our car. As my wife was pulling out, her door proceeded to scoot along the side of our car and eventually, chipped the paint on the edge of her door.

Immediately after my wife got out of her car, this woman proceeded to say that "This has to be fixed". Saying it in a very cross type of way.

My DW was visiting a school for her job (she helps a student there) and this woman, who is also a teacher in the building, didn't know my DW.

Anyway - long story short - this woman is totally blaming my DW for the whole thing and is acting as if we should pay for her door repair.

No police report was filed as the damage should be less than whatever insurance deductible that either of us have.

That's so weird... 'cause my sister is a teacher in Sandusky, and had her door swiped by a very rude and irresponsible wife of a nemesisisisis..... :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

PAY! PAY! YOU ARE WRONG! EVIL! and VILE!

Actually.... I have no family in Sandusky, nor do I think the wife of my good friend and nemesis is rude or irresponsible, and I would definitely NOT flip the bill, and I think you are being extremely generous if you were to split the responsibility.

FED!

Private property....mutual error...joint responsibility.

That would be what I'd say....insurance companies have their own programs, and local laws may apply...

But from my point of view...each pays their own:thumbsup2

This would be the law/standing/case in SC, GA and FL

Unless someone intentionally rammed someone else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter