DDC XIV - It's a trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fun driving around up there. I think every town used the same city planner. Driving through, in order: Bar. Bar. Post Office. Bar. Church. Stop light. Bar. Elementary School.

Have you heard about the mayor of Sheboygan? Someone posted video of him on the Internet, completely drunk, saying some not nice things about his sister in law.

I remember seeing that on the news, yeah. There a youtube video out there of the mayor I'm talking about too. Search for "Marinette Mayor" and you should find it pretty easily. He was arrested in the middle of the day, in the middle of town, after hitting a street lamp. He was fall down drunk, said he was heading in to the office to do some work. He asked to hold the officer's gun, then when asked to take the breathalyzer, he requested...oral gratification. It is sad, scary, and hilarious all at the same time.

There's even an autotune remix of the video on Youtube, and he made it on TruTV's "World's Dumbest" show!

Drunken politician ownage!

TL

Good Morning!

didn't get too much sleep since I was up late on the boards. I really could have used a nap right now while DS was taking his... but guess who didn't take his nap? :rotfl2:

oh well. my own fault. Picking up DD from school soon. this afternoon we have a double appointment at the pediatrician. One of them is getting shots, I just can't remember which one. :scared1:

Welcome back Paul! Congrats! Are you doing a TR? Any advice on Kidani? There is just over a month! :cool1:

Not sure if I'll be able to pull together a respectable TR, but I might throw something up on our forum if I can.

All I can say for Kidani though, is WOW! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We requested the Sunset Savannah (most of Kidani faces this, but we wanted to be sure) and we had massive giraffes, wildebeest, zebras, ostrich and tons of other animals right outside our balcony. It was really incredible. I could see myself coming back here soon for a week's stay.

The one concern I had about staying there was the bus service, but I have to say it was great. I don't think we waited longer than 5 minutes for a bus to/from any park the 4 days we were there. Kidani is also the first pickup (before Jambo so it's not full) and therefor first drop off.

The pool area was great for DD, who's 4. There is a big water-play area with small slides and water features going on. There is also a nice bar right by. :thumbsup2

There's no quick-serve dining option at Kidani though, you need to get a shuttle or bus over to Jambo if you're going to do that at all, which can be a hassle. We ended up just doing room service for any meals we did at the hotel. Food was good, but its an expensive way to eat quick in the room.

They had afternoon crafts/games/activities for DD too when we would take a break from the parks. There seemed to be a few neat things for parents at night as well, but we didn't do anything offered. Probably would have if we stayed longer.

Overall I give it a huge thumbs up. You're going to have a blast Chris.

Not sure if I'll be able to pull together a respectable TR, but I might throw something up on our forum if I can.

All I can say for Kidani though, is WOW! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

We requested the Sunset Savannah (most of Kidani faces this, but we wanted to be sure) and we had massive giraffes, wildebeest, zebras, ostrich and tons of other animals right outside our balcony. It was really incredible. I could see myself coming back here soon for a week's stay.

The one concern I had about staying there was the bus service, but I have to say it was great. I don't think we waited longer than 5 minutes for a bus to/from any park the 4 days we were there. Kidani is also the first pickup (before Jambo so it's not full) and therefor first drop off.

The pool area was great for DD, who's 4. There is a big water-play area with small slides and water features going on. There is also a nice bar right by. :thumbsup2

There's no quick-serve dining option at Kidani though, you need to get a shuttle or bus over to Jambo if you're going to do that at all, which can be a hassle. We ended up just doing room service for any meals we did at the hotel. Food was good, but its an expensive way to eat quick in the room.

They had afternoon crafts/games/activities for DD too when we would take a break from the parks. There seemed to be a few neat things for parents at night as well, but we didn't do anything offered. Probably would have if we stayed longer.

Overall I give it a huge thumbs up. You're going to have a blast Chris.

Thanks, Paul! We requested Sunset Savannah at your suggestion! I'm going to have a video stream of the savannah up on disdads dot com as well. :cool1:

I was planning on doing a decent sized garden grocer order for breakfasts, but will build in some snacks as well. Thanks for the tips!

Thanks, Paul! We requested Sunset Savannah at your suggestion! I'm going to have a video stream of the savannah up on disdads dot com as well. :cool1:

I was planning on doing a decent sized garden grocer order for breakfasts, but will build in some snacks as well. Thanks for the tips!

Great call on Garden Grocer. We did that the last 2 years at BLT, but didn't this year because of the length of our stay. Probably still should have in hindsight.

Great call on Garden Grocer. We did that the last 2 years at BLT, but didn't this year because of the length of our stay. Probably still should have in hindsight.

Would you guys recommend using them even if you have Dining plan for your trip?

I don't know if it would be a waste of money to have some snack type foods delivered or if the DDP would be enough to get us by for the week.

Would you guys recommend using them even if you have Dining plan for your trip?

I don't know if it would be a waste of money to have some snack type foods delivered or if the DDP would be enough to get us by for the week.

Which dining plan are you on? I haven't done the DDP, but we mainly use Garden Grocer for breakfasts (as we tend to be at rope drop most days), late night snacks, and drinks. So I would think it would be just as good to get if you were on the 1 table 1 quick serve plan or something like that, imo.

Which dining plan are you on? I haven't done the DDP, but we mainly use Garden Grocer for breakfasts (as we tend to be at rope drop most days), late night snacks, and drinks. So I would think it would be just as good to get if you were on the 1 table 1 quick serve plan or something like that, imo.

We're just on the regular dining plan, 1 TS 1QS 1 snack.

I plan on being a rope drop family this trip as well being that it's a peak-holiday week.

My thoughts were to use our snack credits for any breakfast foods on the days we don't use our TS for breakfast.

We're just on the regular dining plan, 1 TS 1QS 1 snack.

I plan on being a rope drop family this trip as well being that it's a peak-holiday week.

My thoughts were to use our snack credits for any breakfast foods on the days we don't use our TS for breakfast.

When are you going again? I'll be there the 11-15th and am curious to see how the crowds will be. The predictors are saying 8's, but Easter is later this year.

When are you going again? I'll be there the 11-15th and am curious to see how the crowds will be. The predictors are saying 8's, but Easter is later this year.

We'll be there March 31 - April 7. Looks like we'll just miss you. All of our days are 9's and 10's on the crowd calendars! :scared1:

We're not worried....we've gone for day trips this same week each year and are used to that many people. Get there early and you can accomplish much!

That's awesome Ryan.

I especially like the part when the torsos and heads get blown up and the hips and legs keep walking!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

Yeah, I could have cleaned up the video, but that would have been work. I figured I'd just chalk it up to those people being zombies.

Ryan, welcome back. Congrats on the Goofy. If college allows, she wants to do the full next year. Someone asked which Chris in the pic (Goofy + 3).

Which one is it, Bob Griese or Dan Marino? It surely couldn't be anything newer than either of those. :lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

I don't think you can take anything away from Alabama by any stretch. They got in the title game and they went out there and put it to LSU. They deserve it. I just think it is a flawed system to put 2 teams into a "title" game without giving a shot to another team with an equal (or in some cases better) record. When you've got to pick between 2 or 3 relatively equal teams for one open spot in a title game, it makes it somewhat of a joke to begin with, but I'd at least like to see a game with 2 different styles of play on display rather than a couple of teams that have managed to score a total of one touchdown in 2 meetings.:lmao:

I mean, let's face it. Butler had no business going to the Final Four 2 years in a row, yet there they were... :confused3

Totally agree.

No, no… one of them has the right number, but the wrong name…

Jake Scott!

That’s a jersey worth having (and yah… I’m that old).

Very cool. Those were the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter