DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

I thought I was the only one to catch this. Sanitizing? When they are going to be touched/handled
again? I wonder if they have a machine? Or just spraying down with lysol ? lol

Have to hand it to them. They are trying to cover all the bases.:D
They are going to shine a Ultra light on to the bags, and each bag will be injected with Lysol. Once this happens everything will magically disappear like fairy dust.

Disney was so slow at delivering bags pre-covid. Sanitizing bags seems a little overkill to me. Hotels and airlines don't do that. I didn't think Covid lived on surfaces anyway.
It won't do anything for coronavirus, but given the cold and flu outbreaks I'm seeing amongst my friends and family right now I'm not sad about any extra measures they're taking to prevent the transmission of other surface-borne pathogens.

I cant remember the exact procedure, but this happened with the first Disney Magic Uk cruises as The UK Government changed the date that capacity levels would increase.

I think passengers were contacted and given the option to cancel or move their cruise to future date and I think they were given some sort of future cruise credit
the new policies will probably generate some vacancies as people cancel their upcoming cruises

You have never "randomly" been given a time on DCL for debarkation day breakfast. Your time is based on your seating for dinner. Early dinner, early breakfast and debarkation. Late dinner, later breakfast and debarkation.

I was going based on:
"Breakfast will be scheduled using assigned, staggered seating times to promote physical distancing."

It seemed like there was further slots than just early and late.

That being said I see they still allow express walk-off which gets to the heart of what I was after which was about having the option to get off sooner if needing to be somewhere else.

Pardon me for being dense but I'm still unclear on a couple of control issues. So, for fireworks, "Guests will be assigned their show date prior to setting sail, which will be available to view . . . " I'm assuming Navigator will be updated at some point to show that to me? Considering it's not in the UI right now (I'm 96 days). And I still don't get how they're dealing with the Cove. What if I just want the hot tub? Or just the pool? Or both? Or to lay out and do neither/both? I think I'd be more apt to ease up on my impressions of the protocols if I could find specific answers to specific questions (since that's technically the purpose of the web content.

I was going based on:
"Breakfast will be scheduled using assigned, staggered seating times to promote physical distancing."

It seemed like there was further slots than just early and late.

That being said I see they still allow express walk-off which gets to the heart of what I was after which was about having the option to get off sooner if needing to be somewhere else.

They mention staggered times for dinner too. If they are not sailing full, they may well be able to maintain the two seating model we know.

Pardon me for being dense but I'm still unclear on a couple of control issues. So, for fireworks, "Guests will be assigned their show date prior to setting sail, which will be available to view . . . " I'm assuming Navigator will be updated at some point to show that to me? Considering it's not in the UI right now (I'm 96 days). And I still don't get how they're dealing with the Cove. What if I just want the hot tub? Or just the pool? Or both? Or to lay out and do neither/both? I think I'd be more apt to ease up on my impressions of the protocols if I could find specific answers to specific questions (since that's technically the purpose of the web content.

View attachment 592518
I havent read anything about the Cove, or any of the adult only area for that matter, so I can only deduct that nothing has changed. Would love to know for sure tho.

I havent read anything about the Cove, or any of the adult only area for that matter, so I can only deduct that nothing has changed. Would love to know for sure tho.

I agree. I’m eager to read the reports from the first cruise.

ive heard it’s only 15 min increments so like 515/530/545 so not necessarily drastic

So that is really just staggering when people get there to prevent the drastic line up and bottleneck at the MDR entrances. Honestly it makes sense.

And if that is what they are doing for dinner, there is no reason they can't do the same for debarkation breakfast.

if I remember right in the guide it stated breakfast was only in the dining rooms + cove cafe
The guide didn't specifically say Cabanas wouldn't be open, though. I've never seen Disney mention Cabanas debarkation breakfast in any of its communications to guests (newbies tend to be surprised that it's even an option), but it was always available regardless. I'm wondering if that's the case now, too, or if they're shuttering it for the last morning. Only people who actually cruise could tell because Disney has never openly communicated about it to guests in the past, and they didn't explicitly say it would be unavailable upon reopening.

Last edited:
ive heard it’s only 15 min increments so like 515/530/545 so not necessarily drastic
Years ago Disney did this for dinner to help with crowds.
Each restaurant started at different times.
For example
Animator’s 5:15, Royal Palace 5:30, Enchanted Garden 5:45.
I don’t think they would stager the times in each restaurants because that would mess up how they serve/how the food comes out of the kitchen.
But with covid rules who knows🤔

So that is really just staggering when people get there to prevent the drastic line up and bottleneck at the MDR entrances. Honestly it makes sense.

And if that is what they are doing for dinner, there is no reason they can't do the same for debarkation breakfast.
I’ve never understood why people start lining up 30 minutes before dinner when they have a reserved table. It’s one of life mysteries.

I’ve never understood why people start lining up 30 minutes before dinner when they have a reserved table. It’s one of life mysteries.

Agreed. A line where they have "anytime/my time/etc." it kind of makes sense because with that you don't have a set table or time unless you made a reservation. But when everyone is on one of two seatings (even if the arrival for those seatings is staggered) with a given table number, you know it's going to be there.

I watched the UK sailings and Cabanas was open for breakfast on those cruises and I really hope it will be open for the US sailings as welol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!