DCL Has Their Protocol Out!!!

That is not my problem now that there’s a vaccine available. Get vaccinated if you’re worried about catching it and don’t allow anyone who can’t get it yet in the ship. It’s as simple as that.

Just answering your question. ;-)

Also, they can’t require vaccinations and they are trying to avoid a break-out on the ship. So the are between a rock and a hard place with people that are refusing and the FL law not allowing them to require it. I think they are dealing with the hand they have been dealt in the best way possible….

Not really and you are correct that many do not care for it. Most opt to go to Palo or Remy for the evening. I'm just curious that if they do end up not offering the pirate fare.... what will they offer in its place?

Maybe “Til We Meet Again” on Night 4?

if Disney were being 100% honest that 'the care and safety of their guests is #1 priority', then their actions would reflect this by not allowing unvaccinated folks aboard the ships

Masking, social distance, limited capacity, limited interaction, additonal cleaning all have more to do with it.

In reality if you want to say Disney should care more about safety regarding Covid19 there should be way way more limitations and restrictions for anyone and everyone.

Vaccination helps more with personal limitation of risk regarding serious complications or death.

I agree with that POV

I don't see it as ironic, to me it is practical. Yes I am vaccinated which means I don't HAVE to wear a mask. I still choose to. My son is not old enough to get vaccinated yet I want him protected as much as possible. I'd much prefer EVERYONE wear masks including myself than rely on an honor system which nobody adheres to.
Some unvaccinated have already had Covid, so not all of them should be a concern. If masks bring a level of comfort, then go for it ! :blush:

I agree with you that precautions should be taken. However, the most effective way to limit the spread, and eventually eradicate covid is by vaccinations. Science and history have proven this time and time again. Celebrity and Carnival have been sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers and have no social distancing or mask mandates whatsoever and have had wonderful results.
The unvaccinated people boarding will be negative for Covid due to two Covid tests. The vaccinated will be Covid status unknown. There will also be people vaccinated and unvaccinated with natural immunity. Overall it should be a safe cruise with the precautions DCL put in place. Celebrity and Carnival aren't allowing kids and they've only had a couple of sailings. I think it's too early to say anything is a success.

I agree with you that precautions should be taken. However, the most effective way to limit the spread, and eventually eradicate covid is by vaccinations. Science and history have proven this time and time again. Celebrity and Carnival have been sailing with 95% vaccinated passengers and have no social distancing or mask mandates whatsoever and have had wonderful results.
I guess you haven't read about "break through cases". Take your precautions and go live. Safe travels to you!

Last edited:
Amen and hallelujah DLC crazy! I can't help but think: if Disney were being 100% honest that 'the care and safety of their guests is #1 priority', then their actions would reflect this by not allowing unvaccinated folks aboard the ships. I understand their decisions/reasoning, but don't try to say one thing yet do another, and expect me to buy into it. Mama didn't raise no fools! I applaud their actions to keep people safe, but money is really the bottom line. And perhaps it should be, as without it there would be no Disney at all.
man... you hit the nail on the head. DIS fans B and moan about this price or this lost its magic yet you will all still pay. Dis only cares about the shareholders ( Me), and the CEO is only out to get his yearly bonus. If you all think different I got a bridge in NY I want to sell you. Companies like Disney have algorithms on what a life is worth from COVID, what a loss of a limb is from a ride. The risk to reward to them is worth it.

Some unvaccinated have already had Covid, so not all of them should be a concern. If masks bring a level of comfort, then go for it ! :blush:
I know people who have had Covid twice so I am not convinced of natural immunity.

Having everyone un-vaccinated wearing masks is what brings me comfort. If requiring "everyone" to wear them is what makes that happen, then so be it. Luckily I don't have to worry about if that is or is not what I or anyone else wants. It is what DCL has chosen to sail with so it works for me.

That would be worth it for me to be in there by myself. 😄
I wonder if they'll throw in salt scrubs with this? You'd think they would at that price. Since it's currently for travel partners only, I wonder if it can be clothing optional like spas in Europe and Asia.

Last edited:
All unvaccinated passengers will need to be tested twice -- once in advance and once at embarkation. Under age 12 has no cost at embarkation but will need to pay for the earlier test; age 12+ unvaccinated will need to pay for both tests.

It looks like travel insurance is only required of those 12+ who do not prove vaccination status. But they "strongly encourage" adequate travel insurance for all individuals. If you opt not to insure your child's trip, you should be prepared to cover expenses related to the child even if the adult's expenses can be reimbursed.

I would look into Allianz Global's covid rules. Their insurance is kids free with paying adult. We always use them when going on a cruise.

Do you like the pirate menu? I read frequently that a lot of people don’t like it.
I don’t dress up in costume for pirate night but really enjoyed the fireworks.

We like it. The jerk chicken is really good. But too many people don't like spicy food so they never get the best thing on the menu.

not sure how to keep track of these updates…. cancelled this year‘s cruise - holding out for the Wish next year, and maybe a vaccinated cruise on another line later this year. I thought WDW gave up on masks except on transport?

The more I think about this the more I am leaning towards PIF in September and then seeing what happens before the 60 day cancellation trigger. If they proceed as currently proposed, we are out. I am already looking at RCCL out of our home port, Galveston, which seems much more in line with the experience we want, and they have ships with some pretty great features too.

I think it would be smart to run Vax only cruises where they are permitted so that they offer options for people with different preferences, but whatever, they clearly don’t care what I want. I don’t see DCL in the near future with its pre-vaccination era protocols. Good luck to them, but I think they are going to get hit with an outbreak.
I think so, too. Will be shocked if they don’t.

IMPORTANT REMINDER!!!!

The global COVID pandemic created unprecedented restrictions, disruptions and changes to our travel, work, shopping, schooling, social interactions and so many other aspects of our lives since the beginning of 2020. We’ve all been affected, and we have been inundated with news, information, mis-information, frustrations and opinions. We’ve heard them, we’ve shared them, we’ve argued about them.

The discussions, debates and arguments about the virus, distancing and masking policies, various politicians’ statements and actions have been overwhelming and divisive. Many threads on the DISboards have been derailed or devolved into arguments due to this topic. We understand the passion, but feel that we’ve let the discussions run their course. We are sure there are better places on the WWW to learn about and debate scientific, medical and political issues. The mission of the DISboards is to be a great travel resource and a friendly community.

Now that travel is opening up again, it’s time to refocus on that mission!

From this point on, we will welcome information on COVID policies RELATED TO TRAVEL. Things like the vaccination policies issued by venues or destinations, the cleaning or distancing procedures in use, practical tips for travelers or things they might need to know that are different from location to location are all valid topics. Any official policies issued by Disney, other travel destinations, cruise lines, airlines, etc. regarding requirements for visiting parks or cruising can be shared. This information needs to be on-topic for the specific forum and thread where posted.

We will NOT welcome debate or opinion about medical, scientific, or political aspects of the pandemic. There are a few often repeated trigger items that won’t be allowed: No statistics about infection rates, no ranting about individual rights, no “face-diaper” comments, no debate about whether vaccinations or masking are effective, no discussions about which governor or politician or news personality did or said what.

In summary: COVID related discussion should be limited to actual policy and practical application, and NOT veer into opinion or debate.

We understand that you may be passionate in your opinions on this topic and want to discuss or debate them, and appreciate your understanding that there are more appropriate places than the DISboards to do that.

Just because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else, I thought I'd post this from the Safe Passage site:

"All guests who are not fully vaccinated will complete an approved COVID-19 PCR test prior to arriving at port. The test MUST BE PERFORMED BETWEEN 2-5 DAYS BEFORE your cruise sail date depending on the test option you select.
  1. Test kits may be ordered from Inspire Diagnostics and shipped directly to your home. For this option, COVID-19 test kits must be completed and mailed back to Inspire BETWEEN 4-5 days beforeyou set sail.
    OR
  2. Tests may also be conducted by a local third-party COVID-19 testing provider and test result securely uploaded to this website.
    Please ensure that the test type is a PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction).
    The test must be performed WITHIN 5 day of your sail date and your test result must be uploaded 48 hours before you set sail."

The nuance -which I always think is a fancy word for confusing - is that if you choose to get your own PCR test prior to cruising, you only get 3 days, as the test must be uploaded 48 hours before you go.
Thank you. I didn't know the test could be sent to our home. Do you know if we can complete the test ourselves or do we have to take it to a doctor?

Thank you. I didn't know the test could be sent to our home. Do you know if we can complete the test ourselves or do we have to take it to a doctor?

Vault online testing. Order online. They overnight it to your house. When it is time to take the test, you log into their website and a medical professional watches you take the test. Then you overnight it back to them. Results within 24 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!