DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Are we likely to get any further information from Disney today ahead of booking opening tomorrow for CC members?

Just listening to the news this morning and they were saying how in the next 2 weeks they expect to start inviting the under 40s and below for their vaccinations so hope may not be lost for some
august/September dates to the people that were really wanting to sail. It was on good morning Britain with doctor Hillary encouraging the younger age groups to take up their invites.

I was really exited to go but the fact there is no nursary has put us right off we love a wee visit to the rainforest room and polo but we wouldn’t be able to now

The spa isn't open mind so no rainforest I assume

It should be noted that Viking have their own COVID test lab on board (I believe PCR) and will be testing PAX every day, so that is why they don't need vax. Not sure about MSC.

(You certainly got good value from the Multi-quote feature on that post! :D)

I know you could tell I hadn't been on here all weekend! I do love a multiquote :D.

Interesting about Viking. I haven't seen MScs requirements in terms of this but its possible they might be doing something similar

Are we likely to get any further information from Disney today ahead of booking opening tomorrow for CC members?

I heard more info might be released on the 28th (day that Platinum & Gold can book) but I think most of the info will only come through once they start sailing and only prices will come out tomorrow

Just listening to the news this morning and they were saying how in the next 2 weeks they expect to start inviting the under 40s and below for their vaccinations so hope may not be lost for some
august/September dates to the people that were really wanting to sail. It was on good morning Britain with doctor Hillary encouraging the younger age groups to take up their invites.

See now I heard this the other day and thought I must have imagined it because on the same day they then said 45 and overs were being invited! I know in Wales we have been doing over 40s now for the last 2 weeks so definitely moving at a pace

See now I heard this the other day and thought I must have imagined it because on the same day they then said 45 and overs were being invited! I know in Wales we have been doing over 40s now for the last 2 weeks so definitely moving at a pace

NI has opened up 35-40 yr olds, which is great, however they are the nation furtheerst behind in % terms - we must have a population skewed towards younger adults?

I haven’t seen in any of the info online or on this forum, but does anyone know whether you are able to do a back to back cruise? My wife is looking to do the 20th July with her Mum and then 23rd July with me.

I have just called the general 0800 number and the lovely CM confirmed that you can book back to back up to a maximum of 7 consecutive nights, which means you could do 3+2+2 should you desire :-)

We have a special thread for anyone wanting to check prices
Opening Day Pricing - UK Staycations with Disney Magic at Sea

When booking opens for Platinum, Gold and Silver Castaway Members, please post any quotes in this thread.
Please include the passenger price breakdown in your post if you have it. This allows others to have an idea of how much it would cost with a different number of people in the same category.

Example for a family of four with two adults and two kids ages 10 and 8:
Date 11B 2A2K (10,8) £1200 [400|400|200|200] no ins/trans/OBB

Last edited:
Oh ok you have all persuaded me to go and just buy the shampoo 😂 i love that everyone here gets how much i love my little bit of daily Disney with the toiletries.
i am super excited for tomorrow and completely annoyed that I have a four hour meeting starting at 9am. I’ll have to hope I can sneak on here to see the prices ready for when i can call up. Thanks to AuqaDame for setting it up.

I have a query about gratuities. I know how you tip the key staff through your room bill, and at bars they add a percentage to the bill. This will all be in USD. What about room service? I'm guessing this will be needed a lot as there is no buffet available for breakfast or lunch. Are we all expected to grab a load of USD before sailing to be able to tip, or will they accept sterling? Would they even accept cash in these covid days or just add a couple of bucks to your room bill? (I must say that for this I wish we still had our pound notes, a suitable quantity of pound coins will weigh quite a bit!)

I have a query about gratuities. I know how you tip the key staff through your room bill, and at bars they add a percentage to the bill. This will all be in USD. What about room service? I'm guessing this will be needed a lot as there is no buffet available for breakfast or lunch. Are we all expected to grab a load of USD before sailing to be able to tip, or will they accept sterling? Would they even accept cash in these covid days or just add a couple of bucks to your room bill? (I must say that for this I wish we still had our pound notes, a suitable quantity of pound coins will weigh quite a bit!)

Before Covid when I was planning for my now cancelled 2020 European cruise, I had saved about 4 or 5 £5 notes to use as room service tips. I would say that as the sailings are UK only, that £ cash would be useful to them. I'm sure more experienced cruisers will know, but it may be possible to get the CM's name and then go to guest services and tell them to put the tip amount onto that CM's onboard account.

If they allow cash to change hands they can pay it into their account onboard if its not useful to them. They won't be getting off so I don't think many would keep the cash if its in £. All transactions onboard are also cashless for crew just like guests, so I don't think they'll have chance to spend much cash, whatever currency it is in.

Pre-covid, it was normal to give $1-2 in cash for room service delivery gratuity. I vaguely remember signing a docket as well

Has it been confirmed there will be no food in Cabanas? I read it that there will be no self serve buffet. They switched the self serve buffet to where they served you part way through the last Panama Canal cruise when everything was shutting down. This is what I have assumed will be happening on the U.K. cruises. Fingers crossed.

Has it been confirmed there will be no food in Cabanas? I read it that there will be no self serve buffet. They switched the self serve buffet to where they served you part way through the last Panama Canal cruise when everything was shutting down. This is what I have assumed will be happening on the U.K. cruises. Fingers crossed.
It isn't clear what is happening. So how did it work when they served you - was it a fixed menu, or could you still have pretty much what you wanted, just someone went to get it for you rather than helping yourself?

Why do you not think they will be getting off? I remember the bus stops being full of staff whose rotas gave them that day off - room service delivery people will surely have a few hours in the morning when no one is onboard to pop into town and pick up a few things.

They aren’t allowed off the ships right now due to the risk so it will be the case for these cruises too, they have to quarantine for 14 nights on arrival as it is

Why do you not think they will be getting off? I remember the bus stops being full of staff whose rotas gave them that day off - room service delivery people will surely have a few hours in the morning when no one is onboard to pop into town and pick up a few things.

That was before Covid. My guess would be that the CM's wont be allowed off due to them being in the ship bubble. Disney wont want them getting off the ship and mixing with non passengers.

All the passengers will be tested and vaccinated, and will create a safe bubble for the crew.

Mainly because they've already been told they won't be allowed off...

After 5 months of safe sailing out of Singapore, RCCL crew have just been allowed to touch dry land, and Singapore has wayyy less covid cases than the UK.

It will be a while to prove these cruises aren't the super spreaders they were at the start of the pandemic before they'll be allowed off.

Disney won't want to risk them popping to Asda for a few essentials and getting free covid on the side to share with everyone onboard...

RCCL just cancelled contracts for crew from India since most countries won't let them in. Wonder how this impacts DCL's staffing, since the "won't let them in" is not line-specific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!