DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

We do have a mix.
  • Viking & MSc are not asking for vaccinations just for negative COVID testing...
...Disney are joining the MSc and Viking cruise lines in their policy which surprises me as I thought they would go with vaccinated adults and then under 18 testing personally.
I don’t think the Disney stance is official yet though, is it?

I don’t think the Disney stance is official yet though, is it?

Yes it is, it is listed on the arrival information pages of each of the ports which I posted a few pages back and I also have in the first post of this thread.

COVID-19 Testing
When you arrive at the terminal you will need to complete a Lateral Flow Rapid COVID-19 test. Once you and your party have tested negative, you will be able to embark. The test will be conducted before entering the terminal.

This is posted in the Arrival Information on
London Tilbury Port Information Page On DCL Website
Newcastle Port Information Page On DCL Website
Southampton Port Information Page On DCL Website
Liverpool Port Information Page On DCL Website

Yes it is, it is listed on the arrival information pages of each of the ports which I posted a few pages back and I also have in the first post of this thread.

COVID-19 Testing
When you arrive at the terminal you will need to complete a Lateral Flow Rapid COVID-19 test. Once you and your party have tested negative, you will be able to embark. The test will be conducted before entering the terminal.

This is posted in the Arrival Information on
London Tilbury Port Information Page On DCL Website
Newcastle Port Information Page On DCL Website
Southampton Port Information Page On DCL Website
Liverpool Port Information Page On DCL Website
I suppose what I mean is it doesn’t explicitly say anywhere that vaccinations will not be required... that’s still something I’d expect some more official confirmation on...

I’ve looked on DCLblog and there is a route shown for each sailing. Does anyone know how accurate these representations are?

I ask because looking at the direction the ship appears to be travelling might influence which side of the ship we might choose in terms of what we might see from the veranda. Looking at the Newcastle sailing the ship appears to travel south along the coast initially meaning that we would probably choose to be on the starboard side.

If take the maps with a pinch of salt. The ship will gobwhere the weather is nice (usually). Also it probably won't hugvthe coast line close enough to see land. For the most part you will probably be going around in circles.

I suppose what I mean is it doesn’t explicitly say anywhere that vaccinations will not be required... that’s still something I’d expect some more official confirmation on...
I don't think they will state that explicitly. They have stated the requirements to cruise include testing, with no mention of vaccinations. Therefore barring any change in governmental requirement, I don't expect DCL to change on that matter.

I’ve looked on DCLblog and there is a route shown for each sailing. Does anyone know how accurate these representations are?
That is their "expected" route, but cruise routes can and do change based on conditions. With no port stops, if wind/water/weather conditions show more favorable in the opposite direction, they'll do so.

I don't think they will state that explicitly. They have stated the requirements to cruise include testing, with no mention of vaccinations. Therefore barring any change in governmental requirement, I don't expect DCL to change on that matter.
So you’re interpreting that as vaccinations not necessary, given they’re not mentioned at all?

I guess if there is an intention for any additional clarity on this, it should come in the next couple of days prior to the booking windows opening, as I can’t imagine they’d let people book and then later say, oh and by the way, you need your vaccinations!

I can’t imagine they’d let people book and then later say, oh and by the way, you need your vaccinations
Agree, which is why I don't believe vaccinations are required. They have put out the detailed info about testing, so I'd be highly surprised if something like vaccinations wasn't mentioned until last-minute.

Agree, which is why I don't believe vaccinations are required. They have put out the detailed info about testing, so I'd be highly surprised if something like vaccinations wasn't mentioned until last-minute.
I hope you’re right, as we wouldn’t have both vaccines in time, so that’s why I’m so keen to understand!

why would the price per night be more on a 4 night? Surely it would be the same or less?
Supply/demand. I've heard a lot of people say 3 nights is just too short and your need 4-7 nights to really relax and enjoy the trip. Those people will be booking the longest cruises up fast, which may drive up price per night relative to shorter cruises.

Which brings me to another good "first-timer" bit of advice. If you think you want to go, book as soon as you are able to. Prices can go up so fast. Opening day for booking summer 2022 cruises in the US happened on a day I was traveling. I checked prices on my phone but didn't book. When I got home and re-priced the cruise, it was $500 more. DCL prices goes up based on the pace at which rooms are being sold.

I would caution that Disney may well choose to be more strict on covid protocol than local government, so what is allowed on land by the UK authorities may not be allowed on ship. For example, Florida does not require masks and very few people in Florida wear them but Disney does require them on Disney World property and is very strict about it.
Although masks are not required in Florida (I live in Florida) it is more the norm to wear them and most people do.

Although masks are not required in Florida (I live in Florida) it is more the norm to wear them and most people do.
Maybe it better now than when we went, but we were in Redington Beach area in October, and would say probably only 5-10% of the people we saw at any given time were wearing masks. Granted it was a beach-y location, but we were a little taken aback with the contrast to Disney World. As with all things, YMMV.

Talk about what is or is not required in Florida is not relevant to this thread. DCL have clearly stated in the health and safety section of the Disney Magic At Sea Over View Page that masks will be required on the UK Residents Summer 2021 sailings

Health & Wellness
Our approach emphasizes a combination of health and safety measures. This includes COVID-19 testing, health screenings, face coverings, reduced Guest capacity and physical distancing.

Anyone planning on using their American TA?
A message of warning has been put on FB that DCL are refusing to allow the agents to use the normal US number so they will have to call the UK number at 3am or 4am US time. So the message is to book direct ourselves at our designated booking slot.
Is this just scare tactics or do we stand a better chance just ringing ourselves?

Anyone planning on using their American TA?
A message of warning has been put on FB that DCL are refusing to allow the agents to use the normal US number so they will have to call the UK number at 3am or 4am US time. So the message is to book direct ourselves at our designated booking slot.
Is this just scare tactics or do we stand a better chance just ringing ourselves?

Is that on the official DCL Facebook ? If its not on the official DCL Facebook then its just a scare tacit I would email Elaine@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com or John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and get proper confirmation direct from them

Please share your findings.
John has replied immediately and reassured me.
John has communicated with both DCL and his agents and although DCL are not bringing on additional agents to deal with the travel agents there will be a US number they can use.
Also he said that all his agents are very well prepared to work at these very early hours due to the time difference and stay up as long as it takes to get the job done.
Of course he did stress that this whole thing is unchartered waters!
So I’ve decided to stick with Dreams as I’ve used them for many years and so I need to continue to have faith in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter