DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

Hmm, I'm confused now. I thought you could book stuff like meet and greets, etc. Confirmation on the adult pool having a virtual queue or not would be good - what activities are we waiting for that can only be booked 30 days out? Is that like embarkation time?
So 30 days out are the complimentary activities that wouldn’t normally require a booking, e.g. theatre shows and kids club.

I’m not sure there are going to be any meet and greets as we knew them previously, I think it’s more like random character appearance throughout the cruise.

Port arrival time would normally have been available to select at the same time as the paid-for activities, but it’s not currently available - they still seem to be working through this and says we’ll get an email when we can select this…

You need to be PiF though yes?
Yes, although I did see a discussion where some travel agents were claiming you could still book even if you’d only paid them your deposit… there seemed to be a bit of difference in option about whether or not that was valid and/or working for people!

Yes, although I did see a discussion where some travel agents were claiming you could still book even if you’d only paid them your deposit… there seemed to be a bit of difference in option about whether or not that was valid and/or working for people!
Yes this is why I’ve asked and from what I’ve seen today it does appear to be true.

I’m a bit baffled by it if I’m honest as it’s not going to go down well with agents based in 🇺🇸

Yes this is why I’ve asked and from what I’ve seen today it does appear to be true.

I’m a bit baffled by it if I’m honest as it’s not going to go down well with agents based in 🇺🇸
It’s interesting isn’t it, not something I’ve seen offered before.
You’d assume the travel agent must be taking the hit of paying off the balance in advance of receiving it from the customer, but I can’t seem them wanting to do that…

DCL usually requires the reservation to be PIF before booking the paid onboard activities (dining, tastings, port excursions, etc.), even if that means paying earlier than the official PIF/cancel date. The US travel agents may book such things if requested, but from what I've seen on these boards over the past decade is that typically people book such things themselves directly even if they used a TA to book the cruise.

DCL usually requires the reservation to be PIF before booking the paid onboard activities (dining, tastings, port excursions, etc.), even if that means paying earlier than the official PIF/cancel date. The US travel agents may book such things if requested, but from what I've seen on these boards over the past decade is that typically people book such things themselves directly even if they used a TA to book the cruise.
Yes I know, that’s why I’ve questioned it today - apparently some agents have been given preferred treatment and are able to book the activities with deposit only 🤷‍♀️

So 30 days out are the complimentary activities that wouldn’t normally require a booking, e.g. theatre shows and kids club.

I’m not sure there are going to be any meet and greets as we knew them previously, I think it’s more like random character appearance throughout the cruise.

Port arrival time would normally have been available to select at the same time as the paid-for activities, but it’s not currently available - they still seem to be working through this and says we’ll get an email when we can select this…

This is also my understanding re: meet and greets. It won’t be in the traditional sense (see WDW since reopening) but I’d suspect we’ll see things like the random appearances you got previously but without close interaction (eg Goofy out doing exercise on the top decks).

Yes I know, that’s why I’ve questioned it today - apparently some agents have been given preferred treatment and are able to book the activities with deposit only 🤷‍♀️
I was clarifying how DCL handles the advanced booking for activities. I highly doubt DCL has given preferential access to some TAs; they aren't going to supercede the CC status for that. Guests with some of the earliest UK cruises booked, who have Platinum or Gold CC status, are currently within the eligible window to book activities. That may be where a confusion began.

The only other thing I can think of is the TA actually has paid DCL in full for the reservation then the customer will pay the TA. US travel agents do not work that way but I don't know if that is common in the UK. However that still doesn't put guests ahead on the CC status booking, though. It sounds more like a misunderstanding either on the part of the TA or the social media postings.

I have read fb and this forum that some people complained over Platinum and gold for booking Palo, BBB, etc and it make me feel uncomfortable and I have been through with Silver as I never complained about it. We paid lot of money in past cruise. Also

"The DCL podcast this week is all about these UK sailings. Worth a listen"

I am unable to hear it and i don't complain about it as I do read this forum or the dibb also facebook.

My husband received from NHS that he is having second vaccine next week. That 3 in our group had 2nd vaccine, just two of us left are waiting around June. My mother in law said that we cannot get card for 2nd vaccine and we might contact GP for letter for this cruise. Scotland is different from England.

I'm not sure, I just post information as I find it. I think this was posted by people from England. It would be great if you could get the info for Scotland :)

My mother in law was asking nurse about it and think you have to contact your GP to get letter

I was clarifying how DCL handles the advanced booking for activities. I highly doubt DCL has given preferential access to some TAs; they aren't going to supercede the CC status for that. Guests with some of the earliest UK cruises booked, who have Platinum or Gold CC status, are currently within the eligible window to book activities. That may be where a confusion began.

The only other thing I can think of is the TA actually has paid DCL in full for the reservation then the customer will pay the TA. US travel agents do not work that way but I don't know if that is common in the UK. However that still doesn't put guests ahead on the CC status booking, though. It sounds more like a misunderstanding either on the part of the TA or the social media postings.
I know about the different booking windows, the guest is silver and isn’t PIF - the guest also happens to be said agent.

I can assure you I’ve seen the screenshots and they are adamant they’ve been given some sort of preferred access which, IMO, could open a huge can of worms.

I know we’ll need to book the show at the 30 day mark but does anyone have any ideas what else might be available to book? I realise this will be a best guess situation but as a first timer I have no clue what to expect. Movies? Quizzes? Tour of the ship?
We won’t need the kids clubs and will probably only use the adult pool.

I know we’ll need to book the show at the 30 day mark but does anyone have any ideas what else might be available to book? I realise this will be a best guess situation but as a first timer I have no clue what to expect. Movies? Quizzes? Tour of the ship?
We won’t need the kids clubs and will probably only use the adult pool.

The DCL podcast mentioned some things of note they had asked when booking their 4 night from Liverpool::

1) No Spa
2) Only one show "dreams" on 2-3 night sailings
3) one other "variety show" on the 4 night sailings.
4) Toy Story Scavenger Hunt
5) Marvel "something", no firm details yet.
6) You can book one 45 minute session in the fitness room per day (I assume first come first serve).
7) Only one "Bow to Stern" - I assume this is a ship tour?
8) No traditional meet and greets or autographs, instead "alternate character experiences", which they assume means viewing from a distance:
9) One new "game show" activity.
10) Virtual queue for pool, not sure if this included adult pool.
11) Aqua Dunk open.
12) Shops open.
13) No Nursery.
14) All other kids/teens clubs open.
15) no confirmation on Cabanas - served buffet or table service unknown.
16) No sports deck, this is being converted into extra sun lounge space.

Really disappointed about the Spa, but hey-ho. I'm really glad we booked a nicer room and a Veranda. Even though it's not released in cinemas until 30 July, I'm hoping that Jungle Cruise will be shown in the cinema.

The DCL podcast mentioned some things of note they had asked when booking their 4 night from Liverpool::

1) No Spa
2) Only one show "dreams" on 2-3 night sailings
3) one other "variety show" on the 4 night sailings.
4) Toy Story Scavenger Hunt
5) Marvel "something", no firm details yet.
6) You can book one 45 minute session in the fitness room per day (I assume first come first serve).
7) Only one "Bow to Stern" - I assume this is a ship tour?
8) No traditional meet and greets or autographs, instead "alternate character experiences", which they assume means viewing from a distance:
9) One new "game show" activity.
10) Virtual queue for pool, not sure if this included adult pool.
11) Aqua Dunk open.
12) Shops open.
13) No Nursery.
14) All other kids/teens clubs open.
15) no confirmation on Cabanas - served buffet or table service unknown.
16) No sports deck, this is being converted into extra sun lounge space.

Really disappointed about the Spa, but hey-ho. I'm really glad we booked a nicer room and a Veranda. Even though it's not released in cinemas until 30 July, I'm hoping that Jungle Cruise will be shown in the cinema.
Thanks for that!
I obviously listened to the wrong podcast, I thought it was the Dis unplugged DCL one and it was all about the Wish.

I‘m increasingly doubtful whether this is value for money for two adults who rarely drink, won’t use the gym and could find the British weather throwing a spanner in the works when it comes to using a sun deck 🙄.

Thanks again

Thanks for that!
I obviously listened to the wrong podcast, I thought it was the Dis unplugged DCL one and it was all about the Wish.

I‘m increasingly doubtful whether this is value for money for two adults who rarely drink, won’t use the gym and could find the British weather throwing a spanner in the works when it comes to using a sun deck 🙄.

Thanks again

http://dclpodcast.com/201-booking-a-cruise-out-of-the-uk-on-the-disney-magic-summer-2021/ That's the one people were talking about, worth a listen, they interview a British guy who's sailing on the 4 night Liverpool and is a DCL vet. Sadly, Dis hasn't put out there own UK staycation show yet, and may never, as they are mostly geared to a US audience perhaps.

I drink maybe one bottle of cider every 2-5 months. My wife would usually have wine once or twice a month. I will, and DW might, use the gym, and there is no British weather that can stop me swimming, unless of course they close the pool. I share your concerns re: value for money. We're only doing this because it's our home city, and we got a nice veranda under our budget. I'm happy to give DCL the benefit of the doubt for now, but I think you are completely right to question wether this is right for you.

We won't be doing Palo, we're not paying more money to eat when there is so much complimentary food to try and it's our first time ever.

Last edited:
Regarding bookings for classes, Palo etc. On previous cruises they have typically held spaces back to be booked once on board, to give everyone a fair shot.
Thanks. Could you explain what you mean by classes please? If it’s just the beverage tastings, it’s not for us. Also we’re not planning to book Palo as we’re keen to try all the main dining rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter