DCL Disney Magic At Sea UK Residents Only Sailing Summer 2021 General Information

i think this is for England, not Scotland.

Nurse came for second vaccine for father in law and my mother in law was asking about how to proof for this cruise and In Scotland is different from England as we didn't get card after two vaccines so we have to contact GP for letter to show DCL.
Thanks for this. Thought it might be the case. I think they don't want to encourage travelling abroad.

I don't know about the Magic, but I believe the Dream and Fantasy have both started vaccinated crew currently onboard. I believe that was in Port Canaveral (Dream) and Miami (Fantasy). Galveston is also preparing or started vaccinating ships' crew in port. Hopefully similar will be available to the Magic at a UK port.

When I saw the 18+ vaccination requirement, I guess I thought maybe the UK wasn't vaccinating the older teens like the US. I would hope fully vaccinated 16-17 yr olds can board without a test. I think you'll need to confirm with DCL - and maybe closer to the cruise date will provide a more accurate reply. Sounds like a strong young lady, all the best to her!

Yes, I follow Michael Bayley so I've seen them getting on with the vaccinations over the past few days in FL. Which is great. I just don't know how that would work in the UK with our roll our scheme.
Also, I could be wrong, but the last announcement I saw from DCL was that the vaccine wasn't required for crew (where as at least those under RCG have said vaccines are required) but recommended and they were paying crew to get it.

At least here in our trust we were vaccinating 16-18s with underlying health conditions ideally with Pfizer, but we're not really getting Pfizer anymore, at least not to guarantee a 2nd dose. My 17 year old cousin got AZ off licence as you're meant to be 18+ for that one which is now the most common vax available which is why I think DCL are saying 18+ for the UK.

She is honestly amazing. My biggest inspiration and never complains. In the first lockdown our 17 year old cousin moved in with her over 100 miles away from her own parents to keep her company after her surgery. so (potentially me) and their mums are taking them as a thank you/you're amazing trip.
Ideally as a surprise but they're both so cleaver they'll probably catch on anyway even without a PCR test being required haha.

All of us adults who are in on it are working crazy hours in the NHS atm so its down to me to call so the girls don't catch on. But we're not sailing till one of the later ones so we have a while lol. See what happens with others, they can't be the only vaccinated 16 and 17 year old going.

I just talked to a CM and they said all under 18s need a negative PCR test result, even if they are vaccinated. Then again, sometimes you talk to different CMs and get different information, since a lot of them are in the U.S. and don't know anything beyond what they can read on the website, so take it with a grain of salt. It does seem rather silly they would require it for fully vaccinated children but not fully vaccinated adults.

My guess is they will work out some of these more nuanced questions closer in time to the sailings. So if you are not one of the first sailings, see if folks on these boards who are sailing can ask at the port. They would probably get more "real" information than what we can get from the CMs on the phone line.

We were thinking they might as its just easier to have a blanket rule, which is fine. It will only be a few days before so will still be a surprise. And I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't catch on long before or more than likely someone let's it slip lol!

I also don't know, if they do use the NHS app or whatever to prove it, if you have to be over 18 for that which may be another reason for the over 18 rule...

Don’t know if you know Liverpool but this is opposite the albert dock and only a short walk to the m&s arena. Its one of the more expensive car parks but is really convenient.
I don’t know Liverpool at all but it came up as being close to the arena. Thanks for the info. I did a fake booking quote with the port services for another cruise line and it came up as £125 for 5 days so I was quite happy with the price 👍🏻

Have any platinums or golds been able to book your embarkation time/activities yet? My reservation says I can do it on May 9th, but I assume you guys can already book as of today?
I’m silver and on the July 23rd sailing and booked all of the activities we wanted on booking day as we were already in our booking window 👍🏻

We booked a spot in the Q-park near John Lewis which was £65 - I emailed the port services place and they said they didnt have a date set up to work with Disney to organise their parking so didn’t want to leave it any longer.
Just booked the John Lewis Q-park too. Got a 15% discount as my husband works for the NHS 😃

I don’t know Liverpool at all but it came up as being close to the arena. Thanks for the info. I did a fake booking quote with the port services for another cruise line and it came up as £125 for 5 days so I was quite happy with the price 👍🏻

if you need any info on Liverpool let me know. One hint, if you are asking for directions the m&s arena is still called the Echo arena locally so don’t get confused if someone starts sending you there.

we’re gold and the activitiesI wanted to do were booked up when i looked 🙁 we are also the 23rd!

if you need any info on Liverpool let me know. One hint, if you are asking for directions the m&s arena is still called the Echo arena locally so don’t get confused if someone starts sending you there.

we’re gold and the activitiesI wanted to do were booked up when i looked 🙁 we are also the 23rd!

Which ones out of curiosity? Wow about them already being booked solid. o_O

We were thinking of parking at the waterfront for Liverpool, for convenience, I don’t think there’s any pre-booking there though is there?

I’m silver and on the July 23rd sailing and booked all of the activities we wanted on booking day as we were already in our booking window 👍🏻

Was this the paid-for activities like BBB or the regular things we have to book on these cruises like the shows? Haven’t seen any reports on the latter yet and really intrigued to see what’s on offer.

There seems to be a lot of us booked on the 23 July Liverpool 4 nighter! :D

I’m gold but haven’t paid in full yet so can’t check or book activities. I’m more bothered about booking the stuff that opens up at 30 days than I am the stuff available now.

I wouldn’t recommend just turning up on the day and parking at the waterfront. People love to come out and see the cruise ships when they are docked in Liverpool so parking is likely to be very scarce and even if you were lucky enough to get a space at the waterfront it would likely be very expensive.

I’ve dreamed of getting on the Magic in Liverpool ever since it first came here. From 2002 until I gave it up last summer (due to working from home), I’ve always had a season ticket for parking in the city centre so in my dreams I even imagined that I wouldn’t even have to pay for parking!

Which ones out of curiosity? Wow about them already being booked solid. o_O
All mixologies are booked and there is only is only one stem to stern which is booked. Last i looked BBB was available. I am happy to check if anyone wants me to look at anything in particular. Its the paid for activities you can book now, the likes of kids clubs & the pool aren’t open yet.

We’ll more than likely get the train in rather than parking. I don’t think the waterfront parking is prebookable but I never use that car park. I tend to use either Q park at L1 if being lazy or Heathfield Street, its cheaper but more of a walk if wanting the Albert Dock.

All mixologies are booked and there is only is only one stem to stern which is booked. Last i looked BBB was available. I am happy to check if anyone wants me to look at anything in particular. Its the paid for activities you can book now, the likes of kids clubs & the pool aren’t open yet.

We’ll more than likely get the train in rather than parking. I don’t think the waterfront parking is prebookable but I never use that car park. I tend to use either Q park at L1 if being lazy or Heathfield Street, its cheaper but more of a walk if wanting the Albert Dock.

You have to book time in the pool? I'd be interested in the prices of anything adult related that isn't alcohol based, if you don't mind GreenDress.

You have to book time in the pool? I'd be interested in the prices of anything adult related that isn't alcohol based, if you don't mind GreenDress.
Apparently there’ll be a virtual queuing system for the pool… that’s all the detail there really is on that at the moment.

Here are the paid-for activities that are bookable - mainly boozy, not sure whether there are things that would normally be on offer but aren’t in current times?

Attachments

• F6B06891-794E-4E9D-971B-799A6B172CEB.jpeg
    F6B06891-794E-4E9D-971B-799A6B172CEB.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 22A1B72B-171D-4C4D-A74F-84CDE3CBC014.jpeg
    22A1B72B-171D-4C4D-A74F-84CDE3CBC014.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 5039ABBD-CEF6-4C64-A226-50DE15B3A988.jpeg
    5039ABBD-CEF6-4C64-A226-50DE15B3A988.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 23
  • C667D872-0863-4298-8621-4C5AFFAEFFEF.jpeg
    C667D872-0863-4298-8621-4C5AFFAEFFEF.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 22
I thought i had read you have to book slots at the pool?
most of the prebookables are photos or alcohol tasting.Oh and Palo which is $45/adult. The app is freezing on me but I’ll try and get some screen shots later.

Oh wait the podcast has just told me it us bookable. Auqadunk is social distance queuing

I thought i had read you have to book slots at the pool?
most of the prebookables are photos or alcohol tasting.Oh and Palo which is $45/adult. The app is freezing on me but I’ll try and get some screen shots later.

Oh wait the podcast has just told me it us bookable. Auqadunk is social distance queuing
Apologies, just the family pool… but still virtual queue rather than booking a slot. I assume the adult pool you can turn up whenever as normal.

Attachments

• 6166A602-6A21-4284-ADB2-767B02FBB70D.png
    6166A602-6A21-4284-ADB2-767B02FBB70D.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 19
Hmm, I'm confused now. I thought you could book stuff like meet and greets, etc. Confirmation on the adult pool having a virtual queue or not would be good - what activities are we waiting for that can only be booked 30 days out? Is that like embarkation time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter