Days/Nights confusion

mjallemand

Est. 1985
Girlfriend and I are considering making a WDW trip in July. Thinking of leaving out of New Orleans Wednesday night to arrive in Orlando around 9/10p and returning midday Sunday, so in reality, three days (28, 29, 30) and four nights (27, 28, 29, 30).

However, on the Vacation Package when I pick the the date range of 27-31 it says the "length of stay" is five days. Can someone explain this to me?

Girlfriend and I are considering making a WDW trip in July. Thinking of leaving out of New Orleans Wednesday night to arrive in Orlando around 9/10p and returning midday Sunday, so in reality, three days (28, 29, 30) and four nights (27, 28, 29, 30).

However, on the Vacation Package when I pick the the date range of 27-31 it says the "length of stay" is five days. Can someone explain this to me?

You added the 31st, which isnt on your original dates of staying. . .and if you are actually flying out on the 31st, the computer assumes that you will be in the park on your first day (27th) and last day (31st), which assumes 5 park days. . .just Disney math since many people do not do park days on their first day because of late arrival or on their last day because of EARLY flight times. . .

Make it simple for yourself and change the number of days you need tickets for and you will have your package customized for you. To do this just go to the tickets section of the online ressie and change the number of park ticket days. . .

It's counting the arrival day and the departure day. If you only plan on 3 days in the parks then you can change the tickets to match as PP said. I usually plan my trips so that I arrive as early as possible (usually arrive at 10:30am) and then go to the parks after I check in. Then on departure day I schedule the latest flight possible so I can visit the parks in the morning (even if it's just for a couple of rides and one last Disney fix before leaving). So Disney math works well for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter