Day trip from city center? Or stay in park?

pixiedust2u

Mouseketeer
Planning an august 2023 vacation. Original
plan was 5-6 nights in central Paris, then 2 nights at DLP before our trip home to the US.
Looking for guidance and comparison of remaining in central Paris and doing 1-2 day trips from our home base to DLP vs booking a DL hotel for 2 nights. Any thoughts or advice is appreciated!

Your biggest perk of staying onsite is having access to EMH. Which is very useful on busy days during the summer.

But then again, it also depends a bit on what you plan to achieve during your visit, how does your party like to tour (do you prefer rides or shows/entertainment), how many are in your party. Is it a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or do you think you'll be back?
How important is Disney for you? With the opening of the new Marvelland, how important is Marvel to you?

All kinds of questions why you should or shouldn't stay over night.

Your biggest perk of staying onsite is having access to EMH. Which is very useful on busy days during the summer.

But then again, it also depends a bit on what you plan to achieve during your visit, how does your party like to tour (do you prefer rides or shows/entertainment), how many are in your party. Is it a once-in-a-lifetime trip, or do you think you'll be back?
How important is Disney for you? With the opening of the new Marvelland, how important is Marvel to you?

All kinds of questions why you should or shouldn't stay over night.
Thank you. Sounds like we should lean toward saying in park. We have experience at WDW Orlando. We usually rope drop, hit the big headliners, then spend rest of day doing rides, shows, snacking, taking in atmosphere. I’ve it’s not too hot we park open to park close. My kids will be 9 & 6 by next summer, they have pretty good stamina and we are doing DL toward end of your trip so I don’t think jet lag will be an issue.

I’m not sure if/when we’ll return. I was planning on 2 park days to make it more leisurely. And Marvel is eh for us- def not an absolute must do.

In peak time with 2 days, you should be able to get a good taste of the parks. It's going to be warm to hot (depending where you are from), so in the morning and evening you will be able to tour more comfortably. Use the hot afternoon for shows like in the theaters where currently Mickey and the Magician or Disney Jr are shown. There is also a theater in Disneyland Park, currently the Lion King: Rhythm of the Pride Lands is shown here, but it's more open air (more closed off than Beauty and the Beast in Hollywood Studios, but to compare it'll do). Other options are Philharmagic, ride the railroad (if it ever reopens) or Pirates. Good place to cool off is Victoria's for snacks and milkshakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter