Day 1 for those who couldn't see inside

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
I took some pictures to show a sample of whats inside for those who can't see it yet for themselves.

First off I think everyone was in agreement it is very impressive! They have plenty of bugs to work on but its an amazing opening.

Here is after registration
s3kv5.jpg

this is what setting up your avatar looks like

s4ig2.jpg

this is outside my guest room

s5mf8.jpg

this is inside my guest room

s6cw3.jpg

Heres me trying to beg for stuffs from my bff LOL (that is host lily btw :) )

s8mu7.jpg

heres a sample of a shop (their are limited numbers of items in there, as you buy them , they are depleted)

s9yh2.jpg

sample of one of many mini games

s11xs2.jpg

What the friends list looks like... haha cough show off cough

s27sh3.jpg

in game newspaper, all the info you need about whats going on

s28mb3.jpg

OK, I have to eat and get back in there woot!

This is inside the rainforest. You can sit indian style in this game. :)

elfs.jpg

I love how you found Lily already lol

Of course, I barely logged in - I'm Elf3190 for the time being @_@

Thanks for the pictures :)

how do you like it?? fun?

And wait a minute... Is host lily a host or did she just choose that name? :confused3

Hey there! Great pics!

Any clues on who to e-mail to fix a registration problem? I typoed on my e-mail address, so never got the activation e-mail. Now it says I can't use that name.

Thanks!!

Hey there! Great pics!

Any clues on who to e-mail to fix a registration problem? I typoed on my e-mail address, so never got the activation e-mail. Now it says I can't use that name.

Thanks!!

According to my activation email, there is an address to use for registration issues. help@elfisland.com
Hope they can fix your email address!

I love how you found Lily already lol

Of course, I barely logged in - I'm Elf3190 for the time being @_@

Heh wasn't sure if that was you or not. Write to support@elfisland.com see why your name is not correct.

Thanks for the pictures :)

how do you like it?? fun?

And wait a minute... Is host lily a host or did she just choose that name? :confused3

Yes it's still a bit buggy, but its very fun. Many places, many games, many shops. The quests and tribes are not activated yet but they look like that will be the most fun part.

and yes, that was our host lily :)

Many of the vmk staff are there. today there was, lily, hula, titan, red, shadow, and groovy i know of. Perhaps there are even more we havent seen yet.

felt like old times :)

Hey there! Great pics!

Thanks!!
support@elfisland.com is the address I was told to send all issues to

wow that sucks I got home at 7 tonight and didnt get to play... this game was not made for the pacific coasters :( also they are already hitting us up for memberships? (in the first picture) I thought the game was about doing good not hitting members up on the first day lol

Some screen shots. I did not take many as I was too busy exploring:

First time logging in:

page1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

Then they shouwed you a video. It only showed the first time for me not when i logged in several other times:

page4.jpg

Market Place

page5.jpg

Ink and I tried to figure out trading with no luck:

page6.jpg

Mesages while in my room:

page7.jpg

page9.jpg

page8.jpg

Game like Zuma:

page10.jpg

My room:

page11.jpg

Another message while in market place:

page12.jpg

Rainforest:

page13.jpg

Bug

wow that sucks I got home at 7 tonight and didnt get to play... this game was not made for the pacific coasters :( also they are already hitting us up for memberships? (in the first picture) I thought the game was about doing good not hitting members up on the first day lol

These times are for the beta only I believe

Also, the membership links weren't active yet. It's just in place for when it becomes active.

I was really disappointed in the graphics.
After playing incredible 3-d games, this has the Webkinz & PixieHollow (little kids) game feel.
I was hoping with the incredible drawings that this would be a lush 3-d project.
I just feel like a Colorform popping around the screen.

I also had an issue with my 'elf' name...didn't know at registration time that I was to give an ELF name, just put in a USER name. I wanna see if their CS can rival Wizards. That could turn me around to visit there more often as the list includes SOoooo many of my VMK friends.

Guess I will go back to Wizard101, POTCO and (now) Combat Arms for my sweet, intense graphics and wait for the final decision after I see if I get timely CS support.

I was really disappointed in the graphics.
After playing incredible 3-d games, this has the Webkinz & PixieHollow (little kids) game feel.
I was hoping with the incredible drawings that this would be a lush 3-d project.
I just feel like a Colorform popping around the screen.
The graphics are an unusual mixture. From what I saw in the previews, I wasn't expecting 3-D, but there's a disconnect between the style of the backgrounds and the avatars, as well as some of the objects. The room view does remind me of Pixie Hollow.

Sure seems to overload my computer, so that may be the real show stopper for me.

Sure seems to overload my computer, so that may be the real show stopper for me.

Oh yeah...I had forgotten that.
It was running well over 400mb from the start (similar to VMK after playing all day on a Fireworks Friday).

That should be changed though...I would think.

I also had issues where the game overwelmed my computer about half a dozen times and I used to spend all day on VMK playing the minigames with no shutdown. True my computer is now older and was abused playing VMK for 3 years but I would have an issue if that continued. It may however just be a beta issue, nothing in the game seems like it is that intense on the computer that it should cause that issue.

I also had a registration issue where i recieved no verification email so I can't get in on my character I intent to play. I did get verification for minor children playing so those are active. The verification did go to spam so be sure to check there and that spam does not go directly to delete.

I also had issues where the game overwelmed my computer about half a dozen times and I used to spend all day on VMK playing the minigames with no shutdown. True my computer is now older and was abused playing VMK for 3 years but I would have an issue if that continued. It may however just be a beta issue, nothing in the game seems like it is that intense on the computer that it should cause that issue.

I found that using Firefox worked somewhat better than Internet Explorer for me. You might want to consider giving that a try. Good luck!

I had no problems using firefox with flash player 10

I did have a little text lag right before close though.

Thanks for the links for Customer Support!

So far, I am soooo impressed with CS! They wrote back this morning with a fix. The link they sent didn't work, so I wrote right back and got an immediate response. Then, I ran into, what I thought was another issue with my computer, so I wrote again and got an immediate response.

The person who helped me was Rob. Rob rocks!:thumbsup2 LOL!

Was able to change my Elf name as my usernames (hehe) was not approved.
I am elf3*** and elf3*** (idk I didn't write them down).
But will be Dreamytime (my girl) and Nyght (my boy).

Their CS was quick and very helpful.
Obviously VMK_Shorty didn't get hired by Elf Island or Wizard101. hehe:rotfl:

Was able to log in, too. But didn't do anything more than fly around my house.
m~

I found that using Firefox worked somewhat better than Internet Explorer for me. You might want to consider giving that a try. Good luck!
Unfortunately I have the problem despite using Firefox. But I have an older laptop with a wireless connection, so that may be the issue. (It worked fine for VMK most of the time.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter