DAS attraction selection availability on busy days

nikmasteed

Mouseketeer
Waking up 11/23 and seeing that basically only shows (Indy, BaB etc) or similar attractions are listed under DAS options today in MDE, this was not the case earlier this week.

I see that DAS info says attraction list is subject to change and some may not be available at all, but is this right?

Hoping that when we get into the park the list fills out a bit, but it's not helpful at all for the people it's intended for if you take all the rides off the list on a busy day.

Waking up 11/23 and seeing that basically only shows (Indy, BaB etc) or similar attractions are listed under DAS options today in MDE, this was not the case earlier this week.

I see that DAS info says attraction list is subject to change and some may not be available at all, but is this right?

Hoping that when we get into the park the list fills out a bit, but it's not helpful at all for the people it's intended for if you take all the rides off the list on a busy day.
How are you seeing DAS in MDE - are you in one of the parks? Or are you talking about the pre-selections? Pre-selections for the most popular rides do go quickly so one would have to call on the 30 day mark to get those. But day of DAS will always be available, as it is based on the standby wait time.

I'm not yet able to make any selections as of yet, however the list of "DAS Eligible Options" is quite pared down.

However, as it gets closer to actual park opening some of the rides with queues are starting to populate the list. That makes me feel a bit better. Other days I was looking at it within minutes of opening. So, I may have panicked too early but I'll keep checking and hopefully most of the normally-eligible rides will add to the list.

I'm not yet able to make any selections as of yet, however the list of "DAS Eligible Options" is quite pared down.

However, as it gets closer to actual park opening some of the rides with queues are starting to populate the list. That makes me feel a bit better. Other days I was looking at it within minutes of opening. So, I may have panicked too early but I'll keep checking and hopefully most of the normally-eligible rides will add to the list.
The list is not complete until the park opens and attractions start to list Standby Wait Times.

Rides are only available as DAS Eligible Attractions for DAS Return Times after the park and that particular attraction has opened. So, they will NOT show up in My Disney Experience until then.
As DisneyOma mentioned, attractions in the park don’t ‘run out’ of DAS Return Times made on the day of visit. During busy times, the wait will be long for some because the DAS Return Time is based on whatever the Standby Wait is.

Shows that open when the park opens may show up before, but you won’t be able to make a DAS Return Time until the park is open and the DAS user and the guests linked to DAS have entered the park.
Indiana Jones and Beauty and the Beast are in very large amphitheaters that seat lots of guests and may be able to seat everyone who comes for the first show. That may be why they are showing up before the park opens.

In-park DAS Return Times should always be available if the attraction is operating. How long a wait will vary - and I read some reports of extremely long (200+ minutes) for standby yesterday.

The DAS Advanced Selections can vary, but mainly differences are due to all slots filled for a certain day or time and not that the attraction isn’t offered. I don’t believe there is any guarantee Advanced Selections will be available, it’s an extra perk that may or may not work for everyone who pre-registers.

Also - attractions that are temporarily closed are not available to make a DAS Return Time.
Rise of the Resistance at the Studio has frequent shutdowns. During those times, it’s not available for anyone, not just DAS.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure and Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad are among thise with frequent shutdowns
Expect those attractions to go off and back on the list of attractions eligible to make day of visit DAS Return Times.

In-park DAS Return Times should always be available if the attraction is operating. How long a wait will vary - and I read some reports of extremely long (200+ minutes) for standby yesterday.

The DAS Advanced Selections can vary, but mainly differences are due to all slots filled for a certain day or time and not that the attraction isn’t offered. I don’t believe there is any guarantee Advanced Selections will be available, it’s an extra perk that may or may not work for everyone who pre-registers.
Agree.
This is the WDW website list of attractions that MAY be available for DAS Advance Selections made in connection with doing DAS video registration.

They use a lot of language on that page to alert guests that this list is not guaranteed availability. Some examples:
Experiences may include
If an experience is available
Attractions are subject to change and may not be available at all on the day of visit or at the time that you request.

Can I ask where the DAS stuff shows up in the app/how the DAS designation shows up in the app? Does it take time to show up? I just finished doing it all online this morning/afternoon and see our pre-selections in my plans but now I am playing around in the app to try and get a feel for how this will go in 10 days :scared:

As long as the ride is running and they are still taking people in the stand by line, you will be able to get a DAS return time. DAS does not "run out".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter