Dancing With the Stars - Fall 2021

When there is two people of the same sex dancing, which one leads? :scratchin

I thought Jenna was at first, as she is the pro, but when she slipped and JoJo picked her back up, it seemed that JoJo was leading.

Wow, that slip form Jenna made me gasp. Jenna is probably used to a physically stronger lead and is accustomed to letting them "carry" her a bit.

I watched last night on fast forward after watching 911 on Fox. Cobra Kai guy was painful, the rest were all pretty good. Not sure if I have a favorite yet but I will admit I loved 90210 back in the day. This season has promise. ;) Hopefully I can muster up the strength to watch Tyra live. I’m making no promises :rotfl2:

Next Monday is elimination night:
  • Country singer Jimmie Allen and pro Emma Slater dancing the Rumba to “Make Me Want To” by Jimmie Allen
  • TV actor Brian Austin Green (“Beverly Hills, 90210”) and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Rumba to “Say You Won’t Let Go” by James Arthur
  • Spice Girl Melanie C and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Foxtrot to “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
  • Reality star Christine Chiu (“Bling Empire”) and pro Pasha Pashkov dancing the Salsa to “Despacito” by Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee
  • TV and film actress Melora Hardin (“The Bold Type”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Rumba to “All by Myself” by Celine Dion
  • Influencer Olivia Jade and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Viennese Waltz to “Better Days” by Ant Clemons & Justin Timberlake
  • Matt James (“The Bachelor”) and pro Lindsay Arnold dancing the Samba to “Levitating” by Dua Lipa
  • Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots and pro Alan Bersten dancing the Foxtrot to “It Had To Be You” by Ray Chew Live!
  • Actor Martin Kove (“Cobra Kai”) and pro Britt Stewart dancing the Cha Cha to “Twist & Shout” by The Isley Brothers
  • Olympic gymnast Suni Lee and pro Sasha Farber dancing the Cha Cha to “I Like It” by Cardi B, Bad Bunny & J Balvin
  • WWE superstar The Miz (“Miz & Mrs.”) and pro Witney Carson dancing the Tango to “Nothin’ but a Good Time” by Poison
  • Real Housewife Kenya Moore (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing the Cha Cha to “Hot Stuff” by Donna Summer
  • Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Salsa to “Don’t Go Yet” by Camila Cabello
  • NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Rumba to “U Know What’s Up” Donell Jones
  • Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Cha Cha to “Rain On Me” by Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande

The Dancing With The Stars premiere is Monday, Sept 20.

I originally wasn't going to post a thread or even watch this season, after the fiasco 2 seasons ago with Bobby Bones, then after ABC took a season off, and the last season turned out to be a not-even-very-thinly-veiled 12+ weeks promo for ABC stars, with an ABC star winning, to promote The Bachelor/ette franchise. :rolleyes1 I doubt the integrity of this show as a real competition. But there are actually 3-4 real contenders who can dance, so there may be some good weeks to watch & discuss popcorn:: regardless if the winner is fixed. :furious:

(There, I logged in MY official complaint and frustration about this show. :badpc: Feel FREE to have and voice different and opposing opinions. :hyper2: While people get annihilated on other DIS threads for having different opinions, on the TV show threads, we all know it's fluff we are all debating and generally we can voice differences in views and opinions of our favorite stars & plot lines, etc. Even if some strongly disagree on the other end of the computer screen. ;) :duck: )

The Stars:
JoJo Siwa - Dancer on Dance Moms. Also singer, actress and YouTube personality. She identifies as pansexual, so she is partnered with a female dance pro - Jenna Johnson. (Wouldn't be surprised if she gets a Freeform show out of this. :rolleyes1 )
Suni Lee - American gymnast who just won three medals at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo. A gold medal in the all-around competition, bronze for the uneven bars and silver in the team competition.
Amanda Kloots
- Former Broadway dancer and Radio City Rockette who is now a celebrity trainer and co-host of The Talk. Her late husband, Broadway actor, Nick Cordero was one of the first known U.S. COVID cases, chronicling how lengthy and horrific a battle with COVID-19 can be. He was hospitalized in March 2020 and, after many ups and downs throughout 95 days of treatment, a leg amputation, then major blood clots all over the body, he died at the age of 41 in July 2020.
Cody Rigsby - A New York City-based Peloton instructor, the company's cycling director, a celebrity fitness instructor, and former professional dancer for Katy Perry & Nicki Minaj.
Melanie C - Singer: Spice Girls member, known as Sporty Spice.
Olivia Jade Giannulli - the infamous daughter of actress Lori Loughlin and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, during the college admissions scandal. She NEVER wanted to go to college, but her parents made her (and her sister) go and got them in on fake rowing scholarships. Olivia preferred to be a YouTuber and social media influencer. That went downhill during the scandal, and now she's trying to get her popularity as an influencer back.
Melora Hardin - Actress: the Dirty Dancing TV series in the '80s, played Jan Levinson on The Office and was an Emmy nominee for Transparent. Most recently, in the Freeform series The Bold Type. (ABC star.)
Brian Austin Green
- Actor: Beverly Hills, 90210 & the 2019 reboot of the same show. His real life girlfriend is pro dancer Sharna Burgess. They are rumored to be partnered for DWTS.
Kenya Moore - Reality TV star: Real Housewives of Atlanta.
Iman Shumpert - Pro basketball player, formerly with the New York Knicks and most recently played for the Brooklyn Nets. He won the NBA championship as a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers in 2016.
Mike “The Miz” Mizanin - Professional wrestler for the past 15 years. Also made past appearances on The Real World and The Challenge.
Matt James - The Bachelor's first black male star. He is the current Bachelor. (ABC star, so should be around to the quarter-finals, regardless of if he can dance, to cross-promote that show - which is what DWTS has turned into - a promo for other ABC shows. Expect inflated judges scores where they miss obvious flubs and rave about stuff that we don't see. Meanwhile better stars get the boot instead. :sad2: )
Christine Chiu
- Philanthropist and a star of Netflix's Bling Empire, a reality show focused on wealthy Asians and Asian Americans in Los Angeles. Christine and her husband, Dr. Gabriel Chiu, co-founded Beverly Hills Plastic Surgery.
Jimmie Allen - Country music singer known for songs like "Best Shot" and "Make Me Want To," both off his 2018 debut album, "Mercury Lane."
Martin Kove - Actor: The 3 Karate Kid movies in the '80s. He reprised his character, John Kreese, on the YouTube TV series Cobra Kai, for its first two seasons before it moved to Netflix for its third. Season 4 is set to release this December with a Season 5 already confirmed.

The Stars & their Pro Partners are:
JoJo Siwa & Jenna
Amanda Kloots & Alan
Olivia Jade & Val
Brian Austin Green & Sharna
Matt James & Lindsay
Suni Lee & Sasha
Cody Rigsby & Cheryl
Kenya Moore & Brandson
Melanie C. & Gleb
Melora Hardin & Artem
Iman Shumpert & Daniella
Jimmie Allen & Emma
Christine Chiu & Pasha
Mike "The Miz" Mizanin & Witney
Martin Kove & Britt

Judges:
Len Goodman, who missed last season due to travel restrictions, will officially return. Derek Hough, who filled in for him last season, will stay on, along with Bruno and Carrie Ann.

Host: Tyra Banks is back. . . and maybe in some more horrible outfits. :earseek: o_O :eek: :headache: :crazy2:

As usual, this first post will get updated as we get more info during the season, etc.

Mandy200587, our resident DWTS DIS detective, has been keeping her eyes peeled for details. :magnify: :cheer2:

OMG are these people supposed to be stars?? I know that there are celebrity " lists" such as A list B list but what letter of the alphabet do these "stars" come under? Who have they got lined up for next season Ronald McDonald and the Hamburgler??

#DWTS #DWTS30

We finally got to watch this. Were not sure if we were going to not knowing many of the contestants beforehand but are really glad we did. So far really like a lot of them thought they did well and have some favorites and a few who annoy us already.

OMG are these people supposed to be stars?? I know that there are celebrity " lists" such as A list B list but what letter of the alphabet do these "stars" come under? Who have they got lined up for next season Ronald McDonald and the Hamburgler??

Please do not give them any ideas. :crazy2: ;)

Olivia Jade makes me want to vomit.

She made sure to get in that she has 2 million followers on social media. :rolleyes: I wonder how many of them are actually real? There are computer bot programs that can create fake accounts and even make posts for them.

at which part?
The package before the dance. I can't stand listening to her speak knowing everything about her story. She can dance, but that is probably because mommy paid lots of money for Beverly Hills dance lessons growing up.

She made sure to get in that she has 2 million followers on social media. :rolleyes: I wonder how many of them are actually real? There are computer bot programs that can create fake accounts and even make posts for them.
I doubt even a fraction are real. Nothing is "real" about this girl.

The package before the dance. I can't stand listening to her speak knowing everything about her story. She can dance, but that is probably because mommy paid lots of money for Beverly Hills dance lessons growing up.

I mean accurate

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter