D23

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Has anyone heard if we should expect any major announcements ?

Exciting times!:)

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has an extra ticket for Saturday, please message me. I'll gladly buy!

Thanks!
Jill

- Past Disney Castmember & Life long Disney Nerd (-:D8

According to the Disney Blog, posted a few hours ago: One Man's Dream will close right after D23 Expo is over instead of September 27th.
Also other certain, likely and less likely announcements are listed.

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/08/09/disneys-hollywood-studios-reimagining-what-we-know-so-far/
I'm bumping this because I really want to know if there is any truth to this, as well. The only place I can find anything stating that it is for sure closing is the disney blog, so I'm hopeful that they are wrong. Hoping someone here knows something.

After all of our WDW visits we finally did One Man's Dream last week. I am so sad it is closing. It should be required viewing for all visitors!! Absolutely loved it.

I 100% agree! People would appreciate the parks for what they truly are by watching the show and understanding where the man came from. I remember when it was in the Magic Kingdom years ago. I hope it is just another move and not a closure.

Gutted - I wanted to show my bf One Man's Dream, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Fantasmic ... Never mind, eventually HS MAY be a better park ...

Last edited:

Sorry, I don't know how to delete that ... sent it in a moment of temper! I guess because HS is one of my favourite days it will sting if we can't go on or see as much. Please forgive the above outburst. I can't see so I HOPE I haven't used any swear words! Mods, please feel free to remove my comment if you deem it necessary.

Sorry, I don't know how to delete that ... sent it in a moment of temper! I guess because HS is one of my favourite days it will sting if we can't go on or see as much. Please forgive the above outburst. I can't see so I HOPE I haven't used any swear words! Mods, please feel free to remove my comment if you deem it necessary.

Click Edit at the bottom of your message, then just replace with what you want to say or a period.

I wish Disney would just do a little software hocus pocus, change some parameters and combine Epcot and The Studios fastpass allocations for the next 5 years while construction is going on.

By combining the two parks through fastpass (only fastpass, they can keep both of the gates), they could remove the tiers. The two parks would play as one larger park with a more substantial lineup. It would also add flexibility to your planning and offer more choices. For example I could choose test track, star tours, and TSMM. That is way better than test track, figment, and Nemo. But I could also choose TSMM, tower of terror, and mission space. That could be better than being stuck with star tours if you've had it with that ride.

Of course a hopper or AP would be required, but it would be worth it. Without tiers and more flexibility the unused capacity of Star Tours and Mission Space could be utilized more efficiently. When Frozstram comes back on line, it would absorb more people and the extra tracks at TSMM and hangar at Soarin would provide more relief.

Also without tiers more people would pick Fantasmic and Illuminations absorbing several thousand more fastpass slots.

With about 60,000 people in those those two parks a day Disney would need 180,000 FPs to cover three for everyone. They have about 150,000 legitimate slots. So they would need some people to not participate, get maelstrom reopened along with those other ride expansions. And they would be close to getting three passes to everyone with few limitations.

With no tiers, TSMM would go pretty fast in advance, and Frozen will probably book up, but most other rides would not be too crazy to get.

Anything is better than choosing those current tier 2 rides at Epcot.

D23 announcements are going to take at least 5 years to materialize probably much longer. The Epcot DHS ride sharing could ease that pain for a while.

Last edited:
Are there any actual announcements about more closures at HS or is it just rumors? I can't find any official word on more closures

Last edited:
I read somewhere (sorry can't recall where now) that parts of OMD are moving to the family museum in California. So at least all those wonderful historical items aren't just going to rot away in a warehouse. Hopefully the move is temporary and will return when the construction is over. Personally, I think putting OMD in MK, maybe near Carousel of Progress, would be a wonderful idea. I agree that we must never forget the man who made all our dreams come true.

We are newbies and going in 2 weeks. I have planned our entire DHS day around the Lights Motors Action show because of timing and it was difficult but I have a schedule I like (DD loves hot wheels and the Cars movies). If they close it before we go (as predicted in this post) I am going to be so frustrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter