• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked at the Marriott again - great location, worked really well for me last year (especially when i wanted to crash hard after waiting in the line overnight :)

I booked at the Marriott again - great location, worked really well for me last year (especially when i wanted to crash hard after waiting in the line overnight :)

We were looking for that but it wasn't available yet for the beginning of the week. We want to make sure we tack on a few days in the beginning so we don't miss anything due to flight delays or anything crazy like that. Still wait for the 10th to open up for booking most places.

We were looking for that but it wasn't available yet for the beginning of the week. We want to make sure we tack on a few days in the beginning so we don't miss anything due to flight delays or anything crazy like that. Still wait for the 10th to open up for booking most places.

makes sense - I'm coming in Wednesday, camping out Thursday, and transitioning to Disneyland Hotel on Saturday through the rest of my trip.

makes sense - I'm coming in Wednesday, camping out Thursday, and transitioning to Disneyland Hotel on Saturday through the rest of my trip.

Have you already booked Disneyland? Fiance really wants that but packages aren't available yet. I didn't know if Disneyland will do room only at this point like WDW does before their packages open up.

Have you already booked Disneyland? Fiance really wants that but packages aren't available yet. I didn't know if Disneyland will do room only at this point like WDW does before their packages open up.

Not yet - wasn't sure if anything would be offered, but I typically do room only. I'm DVC, but I'm already banking on getting shut out of the Grand, points-wise. i'm a total nervous nellie when it comes to making sure i have a room, and re-booking if there are any discounts offered later.

Not yet - wasn't sure if anything would be offered, but I typically do room only. I'm DVC, but I'm already banking on getting shut out of the Grand, points-wise. i'm a total nervous nellie when it comes to making sure i have a room, and re-booking if there are any discounts offered later.

Same here. Thus why we have the convention hotel room and will hope to have a Disney hotel room later. I wonder if I can convince the fiance to do Disneyland hotel at first half then move to convention for the convention portion of the trip.

I'm so excited! Ordered my tickets this morning. Struggling to decide on a hotel. Anyone have any input? I'm considering Anabella or Anaheim Marriott. Obviously, the perk of Anabella is that it's cheaper, but would I be disappointed? I've never stayed there and we're more accustomed to Marriott level comfort.

I was able to get two Sorcerer tickets today from my wife and I for 2017. We were Sorcerer in 2013 and 2015 as well. SO worth it! Sorry for those who couldn't get it :(

Have you stayed there before? My fiance is worried because the Yelp reviews are lackluster. I said for how much we spent on tickets we should just save on the hotel and keep this one.

I stayed there Sunday night after the convention last year (by the time we booked it was sold out for the other three nights). I liked it. The rooms were nice and spacious enough for two people. There's a food court in the lobby. It was a Hilton, nothing amazing, but pretty nice. Honestly, I think it's 100% worth it for the location though. Literally being able to cross the walkway to the convention center.

I'm so glad I caught this today! I promptly went in and registered for a 3 day pass.
I booked us at the Hilton, it's the most convenient spot for this event. If you are a Hilton Honors member, there are some great deals. I got a King suite, with lanai and full Disneyland view, plus buffet breakfast for less than $300/night. I think it was $287.

This is my first time attending the expo. I'm very excited to experience it. Looking forward to following along threads on the board.

I'm waiting for Candy Cane Inn to open their bookings; with 3 kids and no rental car, we need to be in a good location for a decent price. Open to suggestions though if anyone has been before and can recommend another close, reasonably priced hotel...

Anyone know when Candy Cane Inn will be open to book?

Got my tickets! Not worried about not getting Sorceror tickets - one ticket would cost more than airfare, lodging, dining and three days after in the parks altogether!

I'm so glad I caught this today! I promptly went in and registered for a 3 day pass.
I booked us at the Hilton, it's the most convenient spot for this event. If you are a Hilton Honors member, there are some great deals. I got a King suite, with lanai and full Disneyland view, plus buffet breakfast for less than $300/night. I think it was $287.

Thanks for the reminder - I forgot I was a Hilton Honors member. I'll check them out, but I'm really hoping to get into the Tropicana. I don't mind walking to the convention center, and I plan on staying the three days after the Expo to visit the parks. I like being across the street, and they give a military discount.

THANK YOU! I got one. :D

Chase declined my purchase twice until they had me do a fraud check.

The same thing happened to me! I got 2 sorcerers tickets and then almost hyper ventilated when my Disney Visa wouldn't process. Switched to my Amex just as Chase called, texted and emailed me all at the same time.

After the disappointing 2015 registration, this was much simplified. Thankfully no pages of questions and missing fields!

I called because I wanted room-only and was told they expect 2017 to open in late-September.

I did my typical reverse strategy and booked my hotel through D23 first. Staying at the Sheraton Anaheim -- closest I've been to the convention and a great deal via D23 ($30 less a night vs. Sheraton's website). So excited to be on the same square block as the Expo!! I'll buy tickets later. :)

Anyone stayed at the Sheraton before? It'll be my first time there.

Hey all! So excited for the D23 Expo next year! This one will be my fourth!

Did anyone realize the 17th is Disneyland's 62nd Anniversary? My D23 Expo buddy and I booked Desert Palms Hotel and Suites for the 13th to the 16th then I will try to get a DVC room at the VGC for the night of the 16th next month. We stayed at the Desert Palms last year and it wasn't too long of a walk. Then again, we don't camp out for any of the lines for any of the days.

Did anyone realize the 17th is Disneyland's 62nd Anniversary?

Do they do anything for smaller anniversaries? And do they say in advance which years they make a big deal out of so you can plan trips around it?
I was in DisneySea Tokyo for their 15th anniversary this year and that was awesome!

Anyone stayed at the Sheraton before? It'll be my first time there.

Yes, several times. I tend to be a Starwood loyalist and love the Sheraton park. D23 2017 will be by 6th stay there. The only hotel closer to the convention center is the Hilton, but the Sheraton parking lot basically backs up to the Hilton. It's also not a bad walk up Harbor to DLR either if you're planning any time in the parks.

I was able to get two Sorcerer tickets today from my wife and I for 2017. We were Sorcerer in 2013 and 2015 as well. SO worth it! Sorry for those who couldn't get it :(

This is my first time going with Sorcerer - can you share a bit about what I can expect? I am hoping to get to as many panels as possible, last two times on a regular ticket I only managed 1 or 2 a day. Is it possible to go straight into the next panel after they clear a room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter