D23 Destination D 2016: Amazing Adventures - FULL AGENDA post 132 (pg7)

I was afraid of that, though it's certainly a reasonable policy.

Yes, I understand though. Stinks if you did, indeed buy a ticket as a gift for someone though. You could always try e-mailing them, and see what happens :).

Yes, I understand though. Stinks if you did, indeed buy a ticket as a gift for someone though. You could always try e-mailing them, and see what happens :).

More like I want to buy a ticket ASAP to be sure I have one, but would love a contingency plan if making the trip becomes financially ill-advised.

I attended the Expo, for the first time, this past August and enjoyed the panels immensely. So much so, I decided to attend DD in November, (also for the first time). It seems to me to be a VERY MINI expo... Panels, archives and Mickey of Glendale's. Basically, all the best stuff!! While I enjoyed the Expo and visiting DL, I am excited for DD and getting back to WDW. I will be staying at the GF and plan on going MVMCP. I look forward to seeing you there!!

Looking forward to an Amazing Adventure in November! It will be interesting to compare Destination D to the Expo. Tickets and air purchased. Hotel booked. Now to plan where to try to get ADRs. Wish the event didn't fall within the Free Dining promotion time frame, as the ADRs may be a little more difficult to secure, but its all good.

Hotel booked - (psst - there are magical rates out there). Waiting on air to come out. Then I'll be looking at MVMCP, too. For now, getting my GA ticket and upgrading to gold for the magazine subscription!! Woohoo!

All set for November!
DestinationD tickets (GA) - check
Resort Reservations (Grand Floridian)- check
Park tickets - check
Airline tickets - check
MVMCP tickets- check

We'll be there 11/17 - 11/22.

...and the wait begins!!

Well, my shopping cart is stuck. I put a GA ticket in my cart and then remembered it said $255. Went back and upgraded membership to Gold successfully. Logout, login, start over. Clearly marked as a Gold member, but when I add a GA ticket, it still lists $255. There is not reset or delete button. Ugh!

Email to D23 Guest Relations results in a reply that only Experient can help with tickets. An email to them has gone unanswered!

Last edited:
So excited! DH and I are booked for this- GA tickets and room at the Grand! Couldn't believe the great price on the room. This will be our first time doing any D23 event and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the great info on this thread!

For those who have been before, when will we get details (hours of the event, what time we'll break for lunch, etc.)? Thinking about ADRs but not sure what times to request.

So excited! DH and I are booked for this- GA tickets and room at the Grand! Couldn't believe the great price on the room. This will be our first time doing any D23 event and we're really looking forward to it. Thanks for all the great info on this thread!

For those who have been before, when will we get details (hours of the event, what time we'll break for lunch, etc.)? Thinking about ADRs but not sure what times to request.

Not sure if they email a schedule to everybody ahead of time, but as a VIP last time, I got an schedule about 2 or 3 weeks before the event.

Not sure if they email a schedule to everybody ahead of time, but as a VIP last time, I got an schedule about 2 or 3 weeks before the event.

You went VIP this time as well correct? I did too. Have you gotten a hotel room yet? I was wondering myself when we'd hear more info. 2-3 weeks prior makes sense. I'm itching to see what's in store. So excited!

you'll see earlier in this thread that I got tickets stuck in the cart also, you must email them and it'll take them a couple days to fix it.. make sure you tell them exactly what you want it to be, they don't just remove them.

you'll see earlier in this thread that I got tickets stuck in the cart also, you must email them and it'll take them a couple days to fix it.. make sure you tell them exactly what you want it to be, they don't just remove them.

They seriously need to come up with a better system. It seems archaic to not be able to fix your cart by yourself.

You went VIP this time as well correct? I did too. Have you gotten a hotel room yet? I was wondering myself when we'd hear more info. 2-3 weeks prior makes sense. I'm itching to see what's in store. So excited!

Yes, I got VIP this time also. I didn't book any of the three hotels they offered because I could still get ASMu for cheaper. I checked my old emails, and they sent me the event schedule on 11/14.

Yes, I did that. It took days. No sooner had I posted, than I got a corrected receipt from Experient showing payment due in the proper amount.

They seriously need to come up with a better system. It seems archaic to not be able to fix your cart by yourself.

What a mess!! I will know better next time.

Also, y'all be careful when you buy the discounted tickets. We just bought some for a conference before the rate hike. By comparison, this new group ticket rate is still very good, but the terms have changed due to the tiering. 11/20 and beyond are blackout dates, at least for the after-3pm single day tickets. Actually they have a lot of blackout periods. And an expiration date.

The bad shopping cart experience comes to mind with park tickets too. If you select delivery by mail for these, it's been my experience that you don't get the ticket ID # that you need to link them in MDE. So opt for will-call.

I went GA last time (and will be again) & received a schedule in advance. It was also posted on the D23 website if I recall. My friend & I will be at the Grand, too. Great rates, right? Look for us at Mizner's!

Schedules were sent out last time a couple of weeks before the event (I had a GA ticket). They will also be posted on the D23 website.

Yes, I got VIP this time also. I didn't book any of the three hotels they offered because I could still get ASMu for cheaper. I checked my old emails, and they sent me the event schedule on 11/14.

Awesome, I can't wait. I'll see you there!

My friend & I will be at the Grand, too. Great rates, right? Look for us at Mizner's!

Will do! I'll be staying there as well, and Mizner's is my absolute favorite. We're bound to run in to each other :).

Very cool to "know" somebody beforehand! To be honest, there's a core group from Cali that goes VIP or Sorcerer level at every D23 event, and they can be a bit snobby and insular. They basically make it known that they go to EVERY D23 event and that they know EVERYBODY at Disney. Kinda off putting. Then again, at the last Destination D, Pete Werner was standing behind me on the Mickey's of Glendale line and was a pleasure to talk to. I also met somebody I had been following for years on an old Disney board, and we hung out during the special evening VIP event reminiscing. He scored a VIP ticket this time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter