Current VGF minimum

Royal Consort

DIS Veteran
Considering a small direct add on but don't need 50 points. When VGF2 went on sale the minimum was 50 points alongside Riviera. If I recall, some disboarders posted buying <50 points last year direct. Can anyone confirm current VGF min contract for cash (i.e. 25 points)?

Yes you can. Does anyone know how soon after you can do this? Day after you close?
Probably once they give you your membership number and etc. after you’ve finished closing so that way they know which membership to add it onto? Someone else feel free to correct me if this is not the case, but I imagine Disney will have no problems taking your money ASAP :p

Last edited:
Yes you can. Does anyone know how soon after you can do this? Day after you close?
After you close and Disney loads you into the system. You aren't a DVC member until then. That saiid, I'm sure a sales guide would be happy to talk to you as soon as you close. He/She can work out the timing for you.

It's 25 if you are paying in full, 50 if you are financing.
Is this for all resorts in general.?
And do you need to own the resort to "add-on" to it?

For instance, if i own elsewhere, would I be able to "add-on" at VDH.? (25 or 50)

Is this for all resorts in general.?
And do you need to own the resort to "add-on" to it?

For instance, if i own elsewhere, would I be able to "add-on" at VDH.? (25 or 50)
You can add on if you are an existing member at your current home resort or a different one. The minimum for VDH will likely be 50 points. The minimum for Riviera is also 50. VGF used to be 50 but it's apparently 25 now.

Good to know... 50 will work, technically 25 most likely wont get much at VDH anyway. (bank & borrow to get a 3 night stay. lol)

I’ve always thought Disney should cover the closing costs. Would be a nice gesture (that would ultimately just be rolled into the cost anyways).

Maybe they could add that into their Summer promotion?

I’ve always thought Disney should cover the closing costs. Would be a nice gesture (that would ultimately just be rolled into the cost anyways).

Maybe they could add that into their Summer promotion?

They used to do that and I don't remember when they stopped. It was nice, especially when doing small add ons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter