Current Popcorn Bucket Design

We love the special buckets. It’s become one of our traditions. This Dumbo hangs from the ceiling in my office

Attachments

• 5E75AD1C-D598-4020-990B-48F3AA33FD16.jpeg
    5E75AD1C-D598-4020-990B-48F3AA33FD16.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 141
The $2 refill is the best deal ever. I eat my weight in WDW popcorn each trip. I love it so much. Always refill one last time for a snack on the plane.
Oooh plane popcorn is such a good idea! I might have to borrow this tip haha it may also help boost the Disney blues of going home

Tragical Express popcorn
Airport popcorn
Plane popcorn
Home popcorn
Months old popcorn that you forgot was still in the bucket but is still surprisingly fresh popcorn
Ooooh Tragical Express! I'll be using that, too lol we've gotten home and found a piece of forgotten popcorn and fought like geese over it. Its too good to waste

I am just a little sad to hear that the refill price went up..... Last trip in September was $1.75. And the buckets have gotten smaller too. I just recently found our bucket from 2015 and I compared it to the ones we have gotten from 2018 trip and the new ones are smaller. But I came up with the thought of using a snack credit for a bag/box of popcorn and just putting that in the bucket!! Because I still love those buckets.

I am just a little sad to hear that the refill price went up..... Last trip in September was $1.75. And the buckets have gotten smaller too. I just recently found our bucket from 2015 and I compared it to the ones we have gotten from 2018 trip and the new ones are smaller. But I came up with the thought of using a snack credit for a bag/box of popcorn and just putting that in the bucket!! Because I still love those buckets.

I don't think Popcorn is a good use of a snack credit. I'd rather pay for that out of pocket and use my credits for more expensive snacks.

Last edited:

I don't think Popcorn is not a good use of a snack credit. I'd rather pay for that out of pocket and use my credits for more expensive snacks.

Oh I agree it is a waste, but we have free dining and a preschooler who doesn't eat much. I'm not spending all my credits on it but I can afford to spare a couple instead of throwing them away in the first place when we are on our last day and still have 32 credits....so we start spending them on nonsense things anyway.

I'm not spending all my credits on it but I can afford to spare a couple instead of throwing them away in the first place when we are on our last day and still have 32 credits....so we start spending them on nonsense things anyway.
Truer words were never spoken. I can’t tell you how many times in my obsession to get the best value for my snack credits that I have ended up with 11 extra snack credits at the end of my trip. Lots of people get Goofys Candy Co as souvenirs when we get home due to me shooting myself in the foot.

Oh I agree it is a waste, but we have free dining and a preschooler who doesn't eat much. I'm not spending all my credits on it but I can afford to spare a couple instead of throwing them away in the first place when we are on our last day and still have 32 credits....so we start spending them on nonsense things anyway.

Truer words were never spoken. I can’t tell you how many times in my obsession to get the best value for my snack credits that I have ended up with 11 extra snack credits at the end of my trip. Lots of people get Goofys Candy Co as souvenirs when we get home due to me shooting myself in the foot.

I'm always interested in how guests use their snack credits. The first time my husband and I went to WDW together we were at Fantasmic and he used 4 snack credits for 2 bottled waters and 2 boxes of popcorn. I about had a fit. I said iced water is always free and then explained snack values. We are on the same page now.

Whenever we go to WDW during an EPCOT festival we save snacks for the festival booths. Any other time of year we use them for breakfast because I don't eat a big meal first thing in the morning. I try really hard not to end up with any remaining credits on the day of our departure.

We basically forgot our snack credits a couple years and ended up with, literally, like 36 bags of trail mix, a couple rice crispy treats, and a couple other random things. And then we had the task of wrestling all of that into bags to fly home. We vowed never again lol. This past year we went crazy at Food and Wine and still ended up with a couple leftovers. Its crazy how out of hand it can quickly get haha

I got the Christmas bucket last month. When I got home and started my Christmas baking, I discovered it was perfect for my sand tart cookies (some call them Mexican wedding cookies) so I will use it for that now. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter