Current Popcorn Bucket Design

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by JFox, Jan 6, 2019.

1. runwad

runwad Dis Veteran

My DH loves popcorn. I'll have to tell him about this. He'd love it.

2. tinkerbelletreasure

tinkerbelletreasure Mouseketeer

We love the special buckets. It’s become one of our traditions. This Dumbo hangs from the ceiling in my office

Attached Files:

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. jade'nsuch

jade'nsuch Mouseketeer

Oooh plane popcorn is such a good idea! I might have to borrow this tip haha it may also help boost the Disney blues of going home

kdisser likes this.
  5. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

Tragical Express popcorn
    Airport popcorn
    Plane popcorn
    Home popcorn
    Months old popcorn that you forgot was still in the bucket but is still surprisingly fresh popcorn

cinderaimee and jade'nsuch like this.
  6. jade'nsuch

jade'nsuch Mouseketeer

Ooooh Tragical Express! I'll be using that, too lol we've gotten home and found a piece of forgotten popcorn and fought like geese over it. Its too good to waste

kdisser likes this.
  7. kdisser

kdisser DIS Veteran

I am just a little sad to hear that the refill price went up..... Last trip in September was $1.75. And the buckets have gotten smaller too. I just recently found our bucket from 2015 and I compared it to the ones we have gotten from 2018 trip and the new ones are smaller. But I came up with the thought of using a snack credit for a bag/box of popcorn and just putting that in the bucket!! Because I still love those buckets.

jade'nsuch likes this.
  8. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

I don't think Popcorn is a good use of a snack credit. I'd rather pay for that out of pocket and use my credits for more expensive snacks.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Victoria3 likes this.
  9. kdisser

kdisser DIS Veteran

Oh I agree it is a waste, but we have free dining and a preschooler who doesn't eat much. I'm not spending all my credits on it but I can afford to spare a couple instead of throwing them away in the first place when we are on our last day and still have 32 credits....so we start spending them on nonsense things anyway.

jade'nsuch likes this.
  10. BecuzImaLady

BecuzImaLady Earning My Ears

I’m pretty sure that’s the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!

11. BecuzImaLady

BecuzImaLady Earning My Ears

Truer words were never spoken. I can’t tell you how many times in my obsession to get the best value for my snack credits that I have ended up with 11 extra snack credits at the end of my trip. Lots of people get Goofys Candy Co as souvenirs when we get home due to me shooting myself in the foot.

kdisser likes this.
  12. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

I'm always interested in how guests use their snack credits. The first time my husband and I went to WDW together we were at Fantasmic and he used 4 snack credits for 2 bottled waters and 2 boxes of popcorn. I about had a fit. I said iced water is always free and then explained snack values. We are on the same page now.

Whenever we go to WDW during an EPCOT festival we save snacks for the festival booths. Any other time of year we use them for breakfast because I don't eat a big meal first thing in the morning. I try really hard not to end up with any remaining credits on the day of our departure.

13. rteetz

rteetz Rumors and News Moderator Moderator

Anyone know if the alien bucket is still at DHS?

14. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

I haven't seen it recently

rteetz likes this.
  15. rteetz

Ok I saw someone carrying it around at AK and didn’t know. I’m headed to DHS tomorrow.

16. yulilin3

yulilin3 Disney Freak Moderator

it might still be there, I just haven't seen them. Are you going Dopey?

rteetz likes this.
  17. rteetz

Yep!

yulilin3 likes this.
  18. jade'nsuch

jade'nsuch Mouseketeer

We basically forgot our snack credits a couple years and ended up with, literally, like 36 bags of trail mix, a couple rice crispy treats, and a couple other random things. And then we had the task of wrestling all of that into bags to fly home. We vowed never again lol. This past year we went crazy at Food and Wine and still ended up with a couple leftovers. Its crazy how out of hand it can quickly get haha

19. charliebrown

charliebrown Captain

I was able to get one! I am SSSSOOO happy.

20. JFox

JFox Mouseketeer

Fyi, AK popcorn prices vary from $2 & $2.02. The park straddles 2 different countries each with a different tax rate.

rteetz likes this.
  21. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I got the Christmas bucket last month. When I got home and started my Christmas baking, I discovered it was perfect for my sand tart cookies (some call them Mexican wedding cookies) so I will use it for that now. :)