Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have read that the variety of Character meet & greets on the WBTA were cut back considerably, and that lines were very long. Has that been the case on the WBPC?
Sorry I totally missed this! I don’t think there was a difference from previous PC cruises

Sorry I totally missed this! I don’t think there was a difference from previous PC cruises
Thank you! Was hoping that was the case. We'll be on the EBPC in Dec. :)
i just saw a post on fb where someone was saying that a lot of people on the ship were complaining about lackbof characters and lots of last minute changes to the schedule such as Stitch getting taken away often. I dont know anyone on the sailing so this is just what I read.
Well for me Panama dec is def a nogo anyways. I get readmited Dec 8

i just saw a post on fb where someone was saying that a lot of people on the ship were complaining about lackbof characters and lots of last minute changes to the schedule such as Stitch getting taken away often. I dont know anyone on the sailing so this is just what I read.
Well for me Panama dec is def a nogo anyways. I get readmited Dec 8
My young adult daughter's in that group (I'm not on fb) & we saw that post. She asked the person who posted if they have any details. I'm wondering if the complaints were from people who haven't done the PC post covid & were expecting the Pixar day, etc. We did the 2022 WBPC & were disappointed to not have all of the special characters & outfits that were typical pre-covid that we had read about & were looking forward to. While it was disappointing, we didn't complain - we very much enjoyed the character interaction and loved the very short lines & the opportunity that provided to get to know the small group of passengers that were always in line with us at every meet & greet, and to chat with the character attendants & photographers.

It should be noted that the person who posted about the others complaining about the just completed WBPC was NOT complaining herself - it was her family's 2nd cruise & they very much enjoyed the character interactions, and were even invited to a private meet & greet. :)

Chipmunkmaniac - sorry you won't be on the EBPC. Hope to meet you on the 2024 WBTA.

I don’t think there was a difference from previous PC cruises
Totally agree. This was our 4th (2 EB and 2 WB) and the only difference was more people than usual. We heard 1960 passengers, also many did not seem to be the typical DCL cruiser either.

Sorry I missed this! I am on the Magic right now. I have previously worked on all of the other ships and am sad I won’t get to be on the Treasure :(
Have the MDR menus changed on the Magic? I heard they were 'testing' a new one out but not sure if it was permanent.

Totally agree. This was our 4th (2 EB and 2 WB) and the only difference was more people than usual. We heard 1960 passengers, also many did not seem to be the typical DCL cruiser either.
Thank you for the positive report. A lot of negative is being reported elsewhere about the WBPC as a whole. Surprised that many did not seem to be the typical DCL cruiser - thought PC cruisers were typically long time DCL cruisers. Will you be posting a trip report or summary? :)

Thank you for the positive report. A lot of negative is being reported elsewhere about the WBPC as a whole. Surprised that many did not seem to be the typical DCL cruiser - thought PC cruisers were typically long time DCL cruisers. Will you be posting a trip report or summary? :)
Even one of the bartenders stated it was not his normal DCL crowd, as to a TR no.

Even one of the bartenders stated it was not his normal DCL crowd, as to a TR no.

Same on past TA; tons of firsttimers or people that had just done one of those uk staycations after covid
Seems to be becoming quite frequent, based on various reports I've read.

Our 7 night on the Magic last Dec. was primarily first timers that booked last minute - the atmosphere was definitely different from our 3 prior cruises. Several CMs we talked to said they had never experienced a cruise like it before - they were quite frazzled & we felt sorry for them.

People need to learn to be happy with what is available at the time. The Cast works extremely hard under very difficult circumstances to do shows and meet and greets for the Guests. Things happen and schedules change, and this is not our fault
I think most people don’t think it’s the CMs fault. More that DCL has scaled back staffing and thus fewer things can be offered.

But I agree with you. I think there is a strange attitude about DCL of people being very demanding. Sometimes first timers who come in with far too high expectations, but often also the experienced cruisers who know every trick to get special treatment.

It seems that currently every longer cruise at the moment comes back with these reports about DCL failing and not having characters and such. But then you have people saying it’s been as magical as ever. Not sure what’s going on, but I think part of it is self fulfilling prophecies. People read that on this and that cruise they cut down on characters and then are anxious whether their cruise is affected. And therefore look for what is missing.

Don’t take it to heart too much @Mags2002 - for everyone complaining there will be so many more that loved meeting your friends and will come back talking about their amazing time on board!

I dont think people take it to first line CM. However I always leave all the feedback of the bad and good. On the TA certain officers even asked to do so because they are being told by shoreside they are not gettibg complaints etc.
Ta didnt have the -issue- of changing schedules. It was more an issue on the variety of the characters, groundhog day feelibg with copy/paste of the same schedules etc. The character manager there also said they never realised Uk people love characters that much and with the promotion on the UK market they had tons of UK cruisers. So either DCL stays blind for the situation and the issue will remain, either they learn and have to foresee extra manpower in the future.
Its the same with cabanas dinner being gone and pirate buffet. I mention them each cruise on the comment card. Yes it doesnt make or break my cruise but I do miss it and so do a lot of people. Dcl has been cutting back a lot over the past years (some already before covid) and they probably test how far they can go without effecting satisfaction rates so whatever I didnt like will go on the comment card/letter.

People need to learn to be happy with what is available at the time. The Cast works extremely hard under very difficult circumstances to do shows and meet and greets for the Guests. Things happen and schedules change, and this is not our fault
And you all do a great job at it. While we were on the promenade Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale and Donald all came along on various days and stopped to interact with the guests and take photos. So for people to say character interaction was not there is bogus.

I dont think people take it to first line CM. However I always leave all the feedback of the bad and good. On the TA certain officers even asked to do so because they are being told by shoreside they are not gettibg complaints etc.
Ta didnt have the -issue- of changing schedules. It was more an issue on the variety of the characters, groundhog day feelibg with copy/paste of the same schedules etc. The character manager there also said they never realised Uk people love characters that much and with the promotion on the UK market they had tons of UK cruisers. So either DCL stays blind for the situation and the issue will remain, either they learn and have to foresee extra manpower in the future.
Its the same with cabanas dinner being gone and pirate buffet. I mention them each cruise on the comment card. Yes it doesnt make or break my cruise but I do miss it and so do a lot of people. Dcl has been cutting back a lot over the past years (some already before covid) and they probably test how far they can go without effecting satisfaction rates so whatever I didnt like will go on the comment card/letter.
Most people don’t go to every single meet and greet so having the same characters out isn’t a problem. This is not the parks where there is literally a Cast of thousands. It’s a ship with a small Cast and limited storage space for costumes so to quote my nephew “you get what you get and you don’t get upset”. If you want variety of characters, go to the parks instead

Most people don’t go to every single meet and greet so having the same characters out isn’t a problem. This is not the parks where there is literally a Cast of thousands. It’s a ship with a small Cast and limited storage space for costumes so to quote my nephew “you get what you get and you don’t get upset”. If you want variety of characters, go to the parks instead
I think DCL shiuld just be more consistent. On the Dream over the Summer not a single Marvel character and toys just for toddler time. Fantasy has Marvels, Magic has Marvels so I find it very understandable that people expect them to be there when they come on the Dream for a long cruise. You have VIPs for -everyone- and princesses appeal generally spoken more to girls than boys so people were talking about the mack of boysstuff.
And I get that there are certain operational restrictions but you do have Jessie and Woody onboard but then send them out at times only families when toddlers can go meet them… it is kind of like na-ha we got them but you cant meet them.
And copy pasting schedules just seem a very easy thing. And that means for characters that are consequently scheduled late at night (read Chip and Dale) people with younger kids that wish to sort of respect their nightrest say a week into the cruise: we didnt get t see them yet.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter