Current Blue Bayou Menu Reviews?

When I have my act together enough to get reservations 60 days out (didn't decide on my September trip until after that) I will try to do the first lunch seating at BB. They start seating from the waterside and then each row back toward the entrance. So if you're in that first batch, you will most likely get waterside. Check in 10 minutes early, though and be sure to inquire.

We had an amazing waterside table on our trip. Our server said it was the 'best table in the house' lol. I'm not sure about that but it was right against the rail, not too close to other dinners, and dead center-ish. Our reservation was for 11:40am on a Wednesday. I checked in online and under 'special occasions' advised it was a birthday and our first visit. Upon arrival I spoke to the Maître D and asked for waterside table. He said it would be approx. 30 minutes, I said not a problem. We waited in the vestibule for 2-3 minutes before a server approached us to say they were checking on the availability of a table and would be right back. He returned and we were seated in approx. 5-10 minutes from check in. The wait was so much under the quoted 30 minutes DD who had gone to buy a pickle, came back to find us already seated.

I had the fish which was seared Ahi tuna on rice, DD had the filet, and DH had the pesto pasta. We all loved our dishes. DDs steak was perfectly cooked even though she was advised by the server her request for rare may skew towards medium rare. We shared the creme brule for dessert. DH had the hurricane, I had a couple of glasses of sauvignon blanc.

I had my trepidations going in and as a result my expectations were low. Surprisingly, the food was much better than I expected and coupled with the ambience and the uniqueness of the location the experience was worth it. I do not think it is something I will do again, but that is less to do with the restaurant but due to the realization that for us too many sit-down dining experiences restricted us from feeling spontaneous especially when trying to factor in G+/LL.

We had an amazing waterside table on our trip. Our server said it was the 'best table in the house' lol. I'm not sure about that but it was right against the rail, not too close to other dinners, and dead center-ish. Our reservation was for 11:40am on a Wednesday. I checked in online and under 'special occasions' advised it was a birthday and our first visit. Upon arrival I spoke to the Maître D and asked for waterside table. He said it would be approx. 30 minutes, I said not a problem. We waited in the vestibule for 2-3 minutes before a server approached us to say they were checking on the availability of a table and would be right back. He returned and we were seated in approx. 5-10 minutes from check in. The wait was so much under the quoted 30 minutes DD who had gone to buy a pickle, came back to find us already seated.

I had the fish which was seared Ahi tuna on rice, DD had the filet, and DH had the pesto pasta. We all loved our dishes. DDs steak was perfectly cooked even though she was advised by the server her request for rare may skew towards medium rare. We shared the creme brule for dessert. DH had the hurricane, I had a couple of glasses of sauvignon blanc.

I had my trepidations going in and as a result my expectations were low. Surprisingly, the food was much better than I expected and coupled with the ambience and the uniqueness of the location the experience was worth it. I do not think it is something I will do again, but that is less to do with the restaurant but due to the realization that for us too many sit-down dining experiences restricted us from feeling spontaneous especially when trying to factor in G+/LL.
Glad to hear that you had a good experience!

Won't go back until menu improves. The Fillet mignon has a crummy sauce and is usually over cooked. It used to come with a lobster tail for this same price, not anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter